Predictions! Secret WDC Project — August 22 @ D23

themarchhare

If this is it, it’s not a secret project. It’s an unannounced project. Lots of things people don’t know about aren’t secrets. Lots of things that aren’t announced aren’t secret. They knew what they were doing and why? To sell some more books?

Disney is getting good at being underwhelming.

The irony is that this isn't going to get more people to watch it - it's just going to become a running joke (which is the last thing this company needs after the week it has had). Like Disney, you LITERALLY have a Disney+ panel.

Princess Leia

It is, cobble stone streets, brickwork structures, small green spaces everywhere, canals the best chocolate with no preservatives. gorgeous place

a place that must be visited, and Amsterdam is just a short boat, train or drive away
oh and almost forgot waffles must have the fresh waffles on a stick dipped in Belgium chocolate
I was supposed to go in February, but my trip was affected by the strikes in Belgium 😭 Still got to be in Brussels for a day though

GoneViral

It is, cobble stone streets, brickwork structures, small green spaces everywhere, canals the best chocolate with no preservatives. gorgeous place

a place that must be visited, and Amsterdam is just a short boat, train or drive away
oh and almost forgot waffles must have the fresh waffles on a stick dipped in Belgium chocolate

I once brought about $300 worth of chocolate back from Brugges. The woman at the specialty store asked me when we were leaving. She probably thought that if I stayed any longer, she could buy a boat.

themarchhare

Yea but listen to those select posters who know it all... lol.. you should have controlled your expectations..

Y'all blaming us for being excited about a "Secret Project" being a Disney+ TV show and book (and a basic one at that) when they literally already HAVE a Disney+ panel is truly ludicrous.

I don't care where the subsequent panel is held or who said what - you don't announce a secret project and not live up to at least SOME hype.

Goodeone

I had no expectations (other than being nearly 100% sure it was going to be unrelated to the parks, which I guess was wrong to an extent). I just think Disney intentionally put this out there in a way they knew would lead people to overreact and expect something huge, and I have no idea why they would do that because it just makes people mad (as you can see from the reactions here). It doesn't make any sense.

If this really was the original intent, then I agree that they definitely wanted to try to bring extra attention to this, but they should have realized fans would run too far with it. A better title for the "secret" panel would have been "Unannounced Disney+ Series Preview" or something along those lines. That would have helped guide/temper some expectations while still building some hype towards the goodwill they're hoping to gain with this series.

Having this as a purchasable book is just a straight up bad idea.

jaxonp

If this really was the original intent, then I agree that they definitely wanted to try to bring extra attention to this, but they should have realized fans would run too far with it. A better title for the "secret" panel would have been "Unannounced Disney+ Series Preview" or something along those lines. That would have helped guide/temper some expectations while still building some hype towards the goodwill they're hoping to gain with this series.

Having this as a purchasable book is just a straight up bad idea.

Or perhaps just spoke about it at the Disney+ panel.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom