News D23 Expo 2019

nickys

Premium Member
I think I've figured it out. A post on another thread about rides at DAK got me thinking...

They're going to announce Disneyland HAWAI'I!!!

Pros:
Tourist traffic,
Year-round climate
DVC already in place
Depressed economic climate providing workers at low wages
Lots of available land (with the added bonus of additional land being added periodically!)
Great spot for a nuclear power plant

Cons:
Tropical weather (like Florida)
Enmity towards outsiders (like LA)
Expense of shipping goods (like Florida)
Occasional volcanic/earthquake activity (like California)

Another big con: Aulani hasn’t sold well. The interest just isn’t there; also I think there are nicer locations on the other islands, but that would be hard to explain.

bclane

I think I've figured it out. A post on another thread about rides at DAK got me thinking...

They're going to announce Disneyland HAWAI'I!!!

Pros:
Tourist traffic,
Year-round climate
DVC already in place
Depressed economic climate providing workers at low wages
Lots of available land (with the added bonus of additional land being added periodically!)
Great spot for a nuclear power plant

Cons:
Tropical weather (like Florida)
Enmity towards outsiders (like LA)
Expense of shipping goods (like Florida)
Occasional volcanic/earthquake activity (like California)
I like it! Fortress Vader on the planet Mustafar would be a pretty cool Disney destination in the lava fields of the Big Island...imo. 🌴

Last edited:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Another big con: Aulani hasn’t sold well. The interest just isn’t there; also I think there are nicer locations on the other islands, but that would be hard to explain.
That's a "pro"... the unsold rooms can be used for day guests at high, "Deluxe" rates...

EricsBiscuit

ATTENTION:
the Eric has arrived
645ABF5F-E2BE-48AA-B373-418341023CA2.jpeg
8A20A92F-D0B9-4E0A-8B8E-8F7E29ABC525.jpeg
1C76F3EB-E2EC-48F8-AC57-D6EDE3891E6A.jpeg

JohnD

I wanted to get my predictions in before the media previews began so here goes first the obvious one. All of these predictions will be the ones I could actually see happening not necessarily what I want

1.) Epcot Spine project details

2.) Spaceship Earth Refresh announcement

3.) Play Pavilion, Guardians, MMRR, Space restaurant details and names

4.) New pavilion logos

5.) Mary Poppins coming to the UK

Now for the more daring predictions:

Magic Kingdom:

1.) Classic rides go down for refurb new magic to be added

2.) Stitch Replacement

3.) Maybe someone for Adventureland (this is probably unlikely)

Epcot:

1.) Imagination getting a new version that brings it closer to the original (possibly dreamfinder) we lose the old building.

2.) Brazil is announced

3.) Some other marvel property is coming to epcot

4.) Future world isn’t called future world.

Hollywood Studios:

1.) Rock “N” Rollercoaster becomes the Incredicoaster

Animal Kingdom:

1.) One word: Zootopia

Regarding Imagination, I wouldn’t mind losing the old building (is show building) as long as the glass pyramids are retained in front.

Figments Friend

Whelp, it's Thursday afternoon .....and I'm sure the lines have started forming already to enter the Anaheim Convention Center.
Seriously, if not now, then certainly in a few hours.
It has BEGUN....

So, is anyone here pulling an all nighter tonight and 'sleeping over' in line at the Expo in preperation for tomorrow?
Don't be shy......I am certain there must be at least a few die hards currently in town that have plans to do so.

Tomorrow, Friday morning, will be chaos as usual.
Unless the entry line situation has changed or improved since last I attended a Expo, prepare yourself for a stressful entry process.
Anyone attending the Expo tomorrow and planning on getting in line 'early' to be one of the first hundred or so bodies inside the venue, good luck.
I hope it goes smoothly for you!
Past years things have gotten crazy and not in a good way.

Newbies to the Expo - please heed my prior warning and DO NOT try to enter until after 11am to spare yourself from the massive crowds, incredibly unorganized staffing, possible heatstroke, and absolutely gigantc line just to walk into the venue.
Wait an hour or two after opening, and stroll in like a boss without all the mayhem.
You can thank me later.

:)

Go, and ENJOY!

-

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom