News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

durangojim

I think they figure with such a small amount of rooms or cabins (I've heard 100), there are enough people who will pay for this to be successful. If every cabin had 2 people in it that means they only need 200 people every 2 days or roughly 32000 people per year to experience this. I don't know if that's a lot or a little but if DHS GE underperforms I'm sure we'll see some major discounts at this hotel in after the first 6-12 months.

Monorail_Orange

I think they figure with such a small amount of rooms or cabins (I've heard 100), there are enough people who will pay for this to be successful. If every cabin had 2 people in it that means they only need 200 people every 2 days or roughly 32000 people per year to experience this. I don't know if that's a lot or a little but if DHS GE underperforms I'm sure we'll see some major discounts at this hotel in after the first 6-12 months.
Or, you'll rapidly see it morphed into a far more traditional on-site hotel experience by chucking all the LARP elements right out of one of the simulated portholes.

flynnibus

Premium Member
How does a website that specializes in resort accommodations not understand that a 3 day / 2 night stay is not 3 days?
  • Day 1: You check in at 3 PM (giving housekeeping time to prep the rooms), which is half a day.
  • Day 2: You have a full day on day 2.
  • Day 3: you check out at 11 AM (giving housekeeping time to prep the rooms), which is half a day.
So, all totaled, it's 2 days. That's why your resort hotel will frame the number of days you're staying with then as the number of nights and not the number of days.

This is a 2 night stay. So, it's comparable to a 2 night stay in a resort or a 2 night cruise trip.

So, for one person, it's a total of $3,300, which is $1,650 per night.

For five friends sharing a room for 2 nights is a total of $7,200, or $3,600 per night. And when divided by the five buddies, $750 per night.

Indeed, unlike a standard hotel room where after the 2nd person there may be a small surcharge per night, the cost includes all the food and events of the two-day LARP, which is usually charged per head. So, there's a significant extra charge per person, but, the economics of the cost of the sleeping quarters being shared gives somewhat of a break... unless they're free-loading children who aren't paying their share from their own pockets. So, there is a family penalty, but its ameliorated somewhat by the non-linear increase per person due to the room-sharing.

Adults who each pay their own way and share as many as can fit in a room get the biggest break.

If the name of the ship is the same as the Project Codename for the resort, it has been revealed already and is in the rumor tracker. The name of the project is:
Hubble

As I mentioned above, it is comparable not to a 3 night stay but a two night, which DCL doesn't do. So, figure 66% of that amount.

===

Now, let's build our own adventure for a 2-night event:
  • Deluxe Resort room: A random day in Feb shows the monorail resort rooms at about $600. So, two nights is $1,200.
  • Signature Meals with characters: Using CRT as a guide, about $60 adults (not counting alcohol purchase). So, four meals is $240
  • After Hours access to SWL: Using the After Hours pricing, let's call it $100, so, $200 for two nights.
  • LARPing at an average 8 hours per day. Using Escape Rooms, Murder Mystery Dinners, and TheVoid as a guide, let's say $50 an hour, or $400 day, or for two days: $800.
  • Light breakfast, drinks, snacks like you find a club level rooms or a cruise ship... let's say $50/day, so, a total of $100.
That comes to: $2,540. About $700 less than the SW Resort for one person. Perhaps I'm low-balling estimates? Perhaps the SW cachet and theming is worth that much more?

Let's do this for a family of five people...
  • Deluxe Resort room: A random day in Feb shows the monorail resort rooms at about $700. So, two nights is $1,400.
  • Signature Meals with characters: Using CRT as a guide, about $60/$50 children (not counting alcohol purchase). So, four meals for five people is $440
  • After Hours access to SWL: Using the After Hours pricing, let's call it $100, so, $200 for two nights. $1,000 for 5 people.
  • LARPing at an average 8 hours per day. Using Escape Rooms, Murder Mystery Dinners, and TheVoid as a guide, let's say $50 an hour, or $2000 day for five, or for two days: $4000.
  • Light breakfast, drinks, snacks like you find a club level rooms or a cruise ship... let's say $50/day, so, a total of $500.
That comes to: $7,340, which is pretty much what the rumored cost for five will be for SWR.

If anyone is surprised by the high prices... I tried to set the expectation years ago...
Screen Shot 2019-08-22 at 6.43.42 PM.png

Numbers like 10,000++ were on the survey question about price :) If my memory serves... their options STARTED above what I was going to answer as a price in the survey :)

Incomudro

I figured you wouldn't see it, but won't it still feel like you're riding a bus? Maybe they could have an electric bus with artificial sounds? That would be cool, but what about the ride itself? I've never been in space, but I imagine you'd need a lot of retrofitting to make a bus feel like a spaceship. 😆

My thoughts exactly.
I don't know how much retrofitting and overlays can be done to the interior of a bus that can ever successfully hide the feeling of being on a bus.
An electric motor instead of diesel would help, but I didn't see anything saying that's what will be used.
I don't know...
Even without seeing the outside, I find it hard to believe that this will feel like anything other than a bus except perhaps to a toddler.

Incomudro

Acutally I think it's $7200 for a family of 4. Just like a cruise the cost for 1 or 2 people in a cabin is essentially the same.

I've said this before re. the cruise comparison: A cruise ship - even if the cabins are small comes with a big layer of luxury for the price.
This hotel is luxury priced, but clad in the cold and stark façade of a space ship.

durangojim

I’m curious to see what they make the outside of the hotel look like. When you approach a DCL ship, excitement build because the ship is gorgeous. I hope they try to do the same thing with this. If it looks like a rehab center like “Reflections - a Lakeside Lodge” they will have seriously screwed up.

sedati

SPECULATION!

Some are complaining about this just being a bus, but I'm thinking there's actually some pretty basic things they could do that would greatly enhance your "flight" to and from Batuu in ways a monorail could not.

Anyone remember the German blocks in Test Track 1.0?

Imagine how a similar pavement treatment could simulate turbulence on planet entry. How playing with the slope and grade of the road could give the craft something of a tilting sensation. Think of how much they did with the driving surfaces on Kilimanjaro Safaris. I don't think it's that much of a stretch that similar techniques paired with immersive sound and visuals could give us something well removed from just a trip on an enclosed bus.

This would require at least a portion of the bus's route to be a dedicated lane, but I don't think that's at all implausible.

Thoughts?

Incomudro

Let me tell you about an interior room on a cruise ship...

I understand, but there's still an effort to make it look luxurious - and then there's the rest of the ship, the blue skies and the ocean.
Then again, maybe I'm not the right guy to talk - because I went on a cruise ship once, and I'll never do it again.

Incomudro

SPECULATION!

Some are complaining about this just being a bus, but I'm thinking there's actually some pretty basic things they could do that would greatly enhance your "flight" to and from Batuu in ways a monorail could not.

Anyone remember the German blocks in Test Track 1.0?

Imagine how a similar pavement treatment could simulate turbulence on planet entry. How playing with the slope and grade of the road could give the craft something of a tilting sensation. Think of how much they did with the driving surfaces on Kilimanjaro Safaris. I don't think it's that much of a stretch that similar techniques paired with immersive sound and visuals could give us something well removed from just a trip on an enclosed bus.

This would require at least a portion of the bus's route to be a dedicated lane, but I don't think that's at all implausible.

Thoughts?

I don't know... I'd have a lot more confidence if this was say a bus's body but rebuilt to run on a rail or beam of some type.
But, it appears to be an actual bus.
We'll see.

Surferboy567

Can’t believe I have to say this but ol’ Voldemort was right about the Star Wars Hotel’s name.

Attachments

• D1555327-BC6C-491B-A726-AD1F1019DDE8.jpeg
    D1555327-BC6C-491B-A726-AD1F1019DDE8.jpeg
    94.3 KB · Views: 96

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom