Ever had a awkward encounter at Disney?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The last time I went to WDW, I was there with my (now) ex husband. We were meeting Ariel, and my ex told her that Eric was lucky. He had a girl who couldn't talk back for three whole days. Ariel looked at him like he was crazy, looked at me, squeezed my hand, and said, "Oh, honey. We need to find you a new prince."

Turns out, she was right... or at least I'm hoping to find a new "prince!" 😂😂😂

Actually...he was pretty smart...

With those fins there’s no way she could have made a run for it and gotten away...

Belle runs a 4.4 40...I hear 😉

mouse_luv

I had an awkward encounter with a food booth CM in Epcot. He was really doing up the whole “beautiful princess” schtick and not taking any social cues that I just wanted to buy my beer and be on my way.

It was quite uncomfortable and my family even asked what took me so long.
Not to put you on the spot or anything, but did this happen to be at one of the drink and dessert carts at the Morocco pavilion? I ask because I had a similar thing happen to me some years back. The guy was being kind of creepy and wouldn't take the hint that I wanted my drink and my dessert and to be on my way.

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit
Not to put you on the spot or anything, but did this happen to be at one of the drink and dessert carts at the Morocco pavilion? I ask because I had a similar thing happen to me some years back. The guy was being kind of creepy and wouldn't take the hint that I wanted my drink and my dessert and to be on my way.

Yes! It was a F&G festival booth between Morocco and France.

NickPytlinski

went to victoria and alberts without knowing what it was (i didnt make the reservation just turned up)

they gave me a suit to wear as i was in normal clothes.

sat down.

couldn't afford the meal with the cash i had on me and the menu had my name embossed on it.

had to leave and explain i couldn't afford it.

mortifying at the time, so funny looking back. like a comedy sketch show.

Hank Hill

I moved to Orlando and have run into people I knew/know from my home state at least 6 times. Not planned, just walking around and see them at a park.Usually it's a surprise and kind of fun. One family was some people I thought we were close enough with that they would have at least called to meet up or at least tell us they were going to be in town. I get some people want to be on vacation and in the bubble, but if you are close with someone, at least say we are going to be in town but are really busy. My wife was excited to see them but I felt real awkward because they obviously didn't want to see or hang out with us. We had certainly talked to them in the time they planned on coming. My wife thought I was being rude, I was not really interested in talking to them more than " hi, have fun". My wife tried making dinner plans and I just said it wouldn't work. IDK, maybe I am in the wrong, it just seemed off. I stopped most contact with them and they haven't tried themselves so no real loss.

zurgandfriend

On our Disney moon we went to a character meal at the Contemporary, this was before Chef Mickey's, but I digress. I had to tell Tigger to take a hike. He kept annoying my DW by putting her head in his mouth.

I said this before, I ran into a guy from my platoon when we were in vietnam. We sat and talked a long time both our families just left us alone they knew this was something special for both of us.

Last edited:

Beacon Joe

what costume

This costume:
maxresdefault.jpg

Why do you ask? Were you in the Minnie costume once and got a bit too friendly with some guy's bicep and back? :)

JustAFan

It didn't happen to me, but a friend of mine from France was in line at the bakery in the French section of Epcot. The girls behind the counter were speaking very negatively (in French) about all the guests in line. When my friend got to the front, she calmly told them they should watch what they say ... in French.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
went to victoria and alberts without knowing what it was (i didnt make the reservation just turned up)

they gave me a suit to wear as i was in normal clothes.

sat down.

couldn't afford the meal with the cash i had on me and the menu had my name embossed on it.

had to leave and explain i couldn't afford it.

mortifying at the time, so funny looking back. like a comedy sketch show.
Ouch...you win.

What year was this?
On our Disney moon see went to a character meal at the Contemporary, this was before Chef Mickey's, but I digress. I had to tell Tigger to take a hike. He keep annoying my DW by putting her head in his mouth.

I said this before I ran into a guy from my platoon when we were in vietnam. We sat and talked a long time both our families just left us alone they knew this was something special for both of us.
First part cringeworthy...second part awesome. What a great memory.
This costume:
maxresdefault.jpg

Why do you ask? Were you in the Minnie costume once and got a bit too friendly with some guy's bicep and back? :)
Whoop whoop....sarcasm detection failure!!!

NickPytlinski

Ouch...you win.

What year was this?

First part cringeworthy...second part awesome. What a great memory.

Whoop whoop....sarcasm detection failure!!!

this must have been around 5 or 6 years ago. we have been so many times i have forgotten. I bet the staff are still laughing now. in all seriousness the cast members there were brilliant about it. they sorted us a reservation at citricos next door. which is actually the reason why we had our wedding meal at citricos because w e enjoyed it that much :) every cloud they say...

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
this must have been around 5 or 6 years ago. we have been so many times i have forgotten. I bet the staff are still laughing now. in all seriousness the cast members there were brilliant about it. they sorted us a reservation at citricos next door. which is actually the reason why we had our wedding meal at citricos because w e enjoyed it that much :) every cloud they say...
You should try “using the google” next time 🤪

mf1972

i’m responsible for this 1. a few years back i’m on a bus going back to our resort, & there was an older guest talking with another family. she kept complaining about people from NJ & how they’re rude, arrogant, etc
being from NJ, i know we have the rep, & i wasn’t offended while listening to her. she’s entitled to her opinion. if i recall i think she said something like “i wish all the NJ tourists will just pack up & go home.”, and it slipped out of me when i said “we’re not all that bad. i’ve lived in NJ all my life.”
i’ll admit the look on her face was priceless & that wasn’t my intention. i wound up having a good conversation with the 2 families as they were jokingly grilling me about NJ.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
i’m responsible for this 1. a few years back i’m on a bus going back to our resort, & there was an older guest talking with another family. she kept complaining about people from NJ & how they’re rude, arrogant, etc
being from NJ, i know we have the rep, & i wasn’t offended while listening to her. she’s entitled to her opinion. if i recall i think she said something like “i wish all the NJ tourists will just pack up & go home.”, and it slipped out of me when i said “we’re not all that bad. i’ve lived in NJ all my life.”
i’ll admit the look on her face was priceless & that wasn’t my intention. i wound up having a good conversation with the 2 families as they were jokingly grilling me about NJ.
“New Jersey: where the weak are killed and eaten”

My favorite boardwalk T-shirt of all time 😎

JoMarch

This may be Disney Urban Legend...

I heard a story about a guy who spent his days with his family - but in the evenings when his wife and kids went in for the night, he excused himself to "get a drink" in Disney Springs, when in actuality, met his girlfriend at the park. As the story goes, he flew her in.

Unfortunately, his magic band captured the whole tryst with on ride photos....

Again, I think it's Disney Urban Legend...but it's a good one!

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
This may be Disney Urban Legend...

I heard a story about a guy who spent his days with his family - but in the evenings when his wife and kids went in for the night, he excused himself to "get a drink" in Disney Springs, when in actuality, met his girlfriend at the park. As the story goes, he flew her in.

Unfortunately, his magic band captured the whole tryst with on ride photos....

Again, I think it's Disney Urban Legend...but it's a good one!
And certainly plausible in today's environment...

Jack Wolfe

Not technically awkward, but it completely threw the CM off his game.

My friends and I were in the regular queue for Pirates of the Caribbean. About halfway through, there was a meet and greet with Captain Jack Sparrow. His wrangler had just announced that photo time was over as we got to M&G area. It was quiet enough for me to shout, "Oi! Jack! Over here!"

I made sure he got a good look at my tshirt--

He nearly doubled over with laughter, exclaiming, "Mate, I don't even know how to respond!"
In my best Jack Sparrow impression, I replied, "I'm Cat'n Jack Sparrow, savvy?"
I really wasn't looking for a hug from a bloke, but I got one anyway. A handshake would have sufficed. It was a fun encounter.

Last edited:

mouse_luv

Yes! It was a F&G festival booth between Morocco and France.
That makes me really sad. I was so freaked out and it threw me so off guard that I didn't report it (I usually would). I wish I would have been in the right mind when it happened to me to report the person. I'm sorry that this happened to you too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom