Man Accused of Stealing Buzzy's Clothing from Disney World Arrested

MotherOfBirds

@OrlandoRising Out of curiosity, has there been any comment from Disney regarding the matter? I wouldn't be surprised it not, but given their recent behavior of wanting to put rumors to rest maybe they'd be willing to confirm the matter internally.

I doubt they would. They wouldn't want to attract more attention to it, and I'm sure their horde of lawyers are advising against making any comments about an ongoing investigation. These thefts are going to court eventually, and keeping one's mouth shut, whether plaintiff or defendant, is the most prudent course of action. Rumors about attractions closing are a whole different animal.

MotherOfBirds

<off topic> Dig the avatar @MotherOfBirds
</off topic>

WEEEEEEESLEEEEEYYYYYYY

I'll bite and pretend for a half-second that Disney does have Our Boy. Here are the potential scenarios:

1. They knowingly filed a false police report, risking prosecution and tons of bad press, for reasons too tinfoil-y to even entertain.

2. They filed it in good faith, but later discovered that there was some kind of internal mix-up/miscommunication and it was indeed in their possession, at which point they would inform the OCPD and the case would be closed.

3. They filed it in good faith and it is somewhere on property yet to be discovered. This doesn't check out to me because these reports are a matter of public record, and they do not want information like this getting out unless it has to. There's no way that Disney would submit to that without going over everything with a fine-tooth comb first.

At the end of the day, everything about the Great Buzzy Caper is bad news for Disney. They stand to gain nothing from enabling it besides negative attention.

OrlandoRising

I feel like you need to hear this: I believe your reporting.

I think it's absurd that you've provided screenshots of direct communications with the sheriff's office and yet we're still somehow in this same cycle.

I appreciate it.

I do understand healthy skepticism about this story. The idea that an entire animatronic could be stolen from inside a Disney park -- let alone from the same area where a previous theft had reportedly occurred a few months prior -- seems very far-fetched. How this happened is still the story we're all longing to hear.

I think the theme park world could use more journalism and fewer unsourced rumors. If providing a few screenshots helps that goal, I'm happy to do it.

@OrlandoRising Out of curiosity, has there been any comment from Disney regarding the matter? I wouldn't be surprised it not, but given their recent behavior of wanting to put rumors to rest maybe they'd be willing to confirm the matter internally.

Disney has declined to comment on specifics, calling it an "Orange County Sheriff's Office matter." But that would mean their spokespeople, at least, are aware of the investigation's existence.

HmmmmmMMMmm

Okay, I'll bite. Put your money where your mouth is, like @OrlandoRising did with the screenshots. Let's see your proof.
Short answer: lol no.
Reality answer: WDI has Buzzy.
Long answer: backstage pictures aren't allowed and I'm not getting friends in trouble.
Longest answer: The FitnessGram™ Pacer Test is a multistage aerobic capacity test that progressively gets more difficult as it continues. The 20 meter pacer test will begin in 30 seconds. Line up at the start. The running speed starts slowly, but gets faster each minute after you hear this signal. [beep] A single lap should be completed each time you hear this sound. [ding] Remember to run in a straight line, and run as long as possible. The second time you fail to complete a lap before the sound, your test is over. The test will begin on the word start. On your mark, get ready, start.

HmmmmmMMMmm

You people watch too many movies if you think three mostly out of shape stoners can smuggle a half a ton of Disney property out of the park without one camera or person seeing them. Many cameras on Disney property do not work and are for security theatre. Many many many more do work. To get into the pavillion, cut down a 500+ pound animatronic, somehow transport that 500+ pound animatronic into a car/truck/van, and get off property without one camera or person seeing it happen? This isn't a movie called Dude, Where's My Buzzy?

The Haunted Mansion is an easy heist. The door to get under the ballroom was left unlocked for years/decades. When in the exit hallway, take a left to the end of the hallway and go out the cast member only door. Then take the second (I think second... second or third) door on the left and you're under the ballroom and can walk around pretty freely without getting caught. Easy. Easier if you have company IDs and you're walking like you know what you're doing.

Buzzy was in an abandoned-ish area, yes. But Buzzy is also not something you can stick in a backpack (like Haunted Mansion costumes) and just walk out with.

It is really fun to think about three high boys getting away with stealing Buzzy. It's a somewhat romantically funny idea. But think about this logically for a second.

There is no Buzzy heist. And if there was, it would take more than a few potheads to do so.

Last edited:

ImperfectPixie

You people watch too many movies if you think three stoners can smuggle a half a ton of Disney property out of the park without one camera or person seeing them. Dude, Where's My Buzzy?
The Haunted Mansion is an easy heist. The door to get under the ballroom was left unlocked for years. When in the exit hallway, take a left to the end of the hallway and go out the cast member only door. Then take the second (I think second... second or third) door on the left and you're under the ballroom. Easy. Easier if you have company IDs and you're walking like you know what you're doing.
Buzzy was in an abandoned-ish area, yes. But Buzzy is also not something you can stick in a backpack (like Haunted Mansion costumes) and just walk out with.
There is no Buzzy heist. And if there was, it would take more than a few potheads to do so.
I don't expect you to ask your friends for pictures or to get them in trouble. But the constant repetitions of WDI has Buzzy are extremely annoying. There is more to this story - regardless of where Buzzy actually is - and some of us are obviously curious as to what is going on.

You wouldn't think a few stoners could rip a 3.5-foot-tall bronze elephant out of a fountain right out in the open (literally nothing to hide behind) from a town common, either, but they did. And no one saw them do it...even though it was a Saturday night in a drinking town with the police driving around on their patrols. The kid in charge had a connected dad and figured dad would bail him out if he got caught. Turned out, not so much. He didn't get caught, but dad forced him to turn himself in. (Sounds a little bit like our friend, Patrick, doesn't it? Rich kid expecting mom/dad to fix everything...)

I realize the Buzzy situation is different than a bronze elephant...but...we need to keep in mind that clearly Patrick was willing to spend money to make money - he'd already invested in an ID printer and made one fake ID that we know of. For all we know, there could be parties involved that would know exactly how to pull off stealing an animatronic - if the right person were interested in buying him after he was stolen and was willing to fund said heist. Stranger things have happened when the wealthy have wanted to add to their collections.

Is it possible that Disney is such a convoluted company that one department doesn't communicate with another about a long-abandoned pavilion and the animatronic within? Absolutely. I don't question that at all.

The one thing that makes me question whether WDI has it is the ongoing OSCO investigation. If it were still in Disney's hands, the investigation would have been closed in regards to the animatronic...unless they're trying to fry a fish much bigger than Patrick and are using the "missing" animatronic as a means to an end. If that's not the case, then someone is likely going to be charged with filing a false report.

GhostlyGoofy

So Disney falsely reported an animatronic stolen as reason to search Spikes' phone? Why Buzzy? they could have done it with other HM props or smaller things that could be easier to carry out of the park by a single person.

Why not get him on a trespassing charge? It seems they were well aware of the fencing. Probably thanks to all the metadata and it was inevitable they'd get a reason to question him. I am just finding that story highly unlikely.

flynnibus

Premium Member
What were your previous user names here? Come clean and you can drop the guard.

I really wish the community would come together and band together to stop addressing the blatantly obvious duplicate and sock puppet accounts. With more than a half dozen in less than a week the only way they are gonna stop and we get back to people with histories is people to stop giving them attention.

HmmmmmMMMmm

I really wish the community would come together and band together to stop addressing the blatantly obvious duplicate and sock puppet accounts. With more than a half dozen in less than a week the only way they are gonna stop and we get back to people with histories is people to stop giving them attention.
Everything I've posted about d23 is going to be confirmed true in less than a week. everything else I've posted is going to be proven to be true as well. and then am I going to be a "sock puppet"? Don't like what I have to say/don't believe me? Put me on ignore. Easy solution.

seascape

I don't care if everything he says is true or not. Most of what he says will be reported was already given to us. His posts show he like spirit has an agenda and I could not care less what he has to say. I just don't trust him.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I don't care if everything he says is true or not. Most of what he says will be reported was already given to us. His posts show he like spirit has an agenda and I could not care less what he has to say. I just don't trust him.

Yup... don’t care if it’s true or whatever. Man up and maintain a profile and not pretend to hide behind shifting identities ...

So disappointed @wdwmagic has layer low through all this and refused to purge all these obvious duplicate identities

Last edited by a moderator:

Sir_Cliff

Not "like" spirit, this head is obviously part of the Snyder hydra that has been besieging the wdwmagic forums since Sunday.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom