The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

I'd have that many, but my dad would have a fit. I had to beg for him to let me bring Jasmine home. Now that's HIS cat. 🙄

Plus Belle needs the TLC, especially now that she's getting older. There's a good balance right now; the cats are happy, they like each other, they partner together to see if they can get more food out of us... seriously, one will come up and get you to follow her and the other one will be waiting. Or they'll both greet me at the door all wide eyed.
Eh, what's one more?:hilarious:;)

Rista1313

They are so cute! There were so many cats at the shelter. I felt bad we couldn't take more. This is it for us.

We just seem to pick up outdoor cats the last couple of years... buddy started following us around the block and still walks with us. Martha just showed up one day last year. She lives in the neighbors bushes and comes out at night and lays on our front steps until I come out to feed her and leave for work... then she has to run away.. (sometimes meowing that she's hungry) and I have to leave the porch before she'll come back up to eat. Silly cat... don't you know by now that we aren't going to hurt you?

KBLovedDisney

We just seem to pick up outdoor cats the last couple of years... buddy started following us around the block and still walks with us. Martha just showed up one day last year. She lives in the neighbors bushes and comes out at night and lays on our front steps until I come out to feed her and leave for work... then she has to run away.. (sometimes meowing that she's hungry) and I have to leave the porch before she'll come back up to eat. Silly cat... don't you know by now that we aren't going to hurt you?
Ours were all rescues. The oldest Onnie and Marble, we saved from a previous owner who didn't know how to take care of cats (left them outside in a ferret cage with collars on too tight). The hubs and I walked up, held the two, looked at each other and said we will take them. Got home and cut the collars off and they both had red rings around their necks and because they were kept outside in the elements without necessary shelter, they both had bad allergies to begin with.

Callum was a rescue from a cat rescuer. She "rescues" cats, but her rescuing methods were questionable.

Nabooru was rescued from my crazy sister; it was just a bad situation. Cat wasn't being taken cared of (my sister may be an animal hoarder), and almost witnessed the kitten get tossed out on the street to get killed.

Goofyernmost

You're welcome. She said the cast members were super nice as well.
Yup! they are great. I always try an make a run to Uni whenever I have the time in my trip. I remember one year, a while back in around 2013 or so, that the CM's at Disney went out of their way to ignore you. Looking the other way whenever you seemed to look bewildered. I want to Uni that same week and all it took was just glancing at the map and the TM's fell all over themselves trying to help. I even had a custodian stop and ask if I needed any help and we had a really nice chat for about 10 minutes. Drastic difference!

StarWarsGirl

Ours were all rescues. The oldest Onnie and Marble, we saved from a previous owner who didn't know how to take care of cats (left them outside in a ferret cage with collars on too tight). The hubs and I walked up, held the two, looked at each other and said we will take them. Got home and cut the collars off and they both had red rings around their necks and because they were kept outside in the elements without necessary shelter, they both had bad allergies to begin with.

Callum was a rescue from a cat rescuer. She "rescues" cats, but her rescuing methods were questionable.

Nabooru was rescued from my crazy sister; it was just a bad situation. Cat wasn't being taken cared of (my sister may be an animal hoarder), and almost witnessed the kitten get tossed out on the street to get killed.
My mom's first cat, Mischief, she got from a farm. She got him before I was born, but he's basically responsible for turning me into a crazy cat lady. He'd sneak into my crib and then started sleeping with me when I was a toddler. He died when I was nine.

We got Moxie when I was three. Got him from someone we knew who was in an abusive situation and she had to re-home both her cats. Husband literally would have thrown him out the door had she not brought him home. He sadly died of kidney failure when I was twelve.

Belle came from a shelter. She was adopted out and brought back at 10 months old with the excuse that she wouldn't warm up. Basically, when we got her, she would flinch every time we walked past her. Eventually, I went down to the basement in the mornings, which is where she was hanging out, and then I'd give her love then, and we'd ignore her otherwise unless she approached us. She's the sweetest cat now; it's unbelievable how her first owners ruined her.

Then, Belle got really sick in 2017. She had a UTI, developed kitty IBS, and developed a condition called pododermatitis, which made her paws all crusty. I got her better, but she got really depressed after that. She'd literally hang out in my room until I got home from work. I went on vacation for four days, and she was so depressed that she didn't eat at all while I was gone. I did research, tried a bunch of things, and determined that the only way to get her out of the rut was to get a companion for her. So I worked my dad into it, called around, and finally found Jasmine, who had been in foster care, was only eight weeks old, and was the last left in a litter of ten. It worked almost right away. We kept Jasmine in the basement, but Belle was immediately interested. She began coming downstairs during the day again to see what Jasmine's been up to. It was funny because Belle would walk by, and Jasmine would jump up and attack her, and Belle would keep walking with Jasmine hanging off of her like, "This isn't happening." 😂

It's been two years, and they don't snuggle together or anything, but they really are attached. They'll seek each other out for play time, especially at night. Belle's a happier, more playful cat overall. She got out of her senior rut, now she acts like a younger cat.

Goofyernmost

A coworker just said...
"I'm gonna' be runnin' around like a chicken with it's legs cut off!" :joyfull::D:hilarious:
We say that in the South!😉 But it usually is a chicken running with the head cut off.
Both are polar opposites. The first doesn't go anywhere and the second runs around wildly running into things. I guess it would depend on what message one is trying to convey.

StarWarsGirl

Yup! they are great. I always try an make a run to Uni whenever I have the time in my trip. I remember one year, a while back in around 2013 or so, that the CM's at Disney went out of their way to ignore you. Looking the other way whenever you seemed to look bewildered. I want to Uni that same week and all it took was just glancing at the map and the TM's fell all over themselves trying to help. I even had a custodian stop and ask if I needed any help and we had a really nice chat for about 10 minutes. Drastic difference!
The CMs at DL are more that way. I think there's just so many needed at WDW that you get the not-so-great ones mixed in with the great ones.

It might also be the age. I find I have more conversations with many of the CMs than my parents do just because they're closer in age to me. I also think, unfortunately, a lot of baby boomers have a reputation for treating the CMs poorly, an unfortunate reputation that my generation lacks. Not that the idea that baby boomers are rude and demanding is any more valid than the idea that millenials are lazy and stupid, but it's an unfortunate prejudice.

Goofyernmost

I had to do a very sad thing to day. I have finally decided that my keeping all my VCR tapes was just a waste of time and brought my overall sanity into question since I don't have a VCR player anymore. The movies I don't care about because I have most of them on DVD's now, but, I have a couple of decades of WDW Vacation Videos that are useless pieces of plastic tape now.
I had my own personal copy of this... but, I guess I don't really need it anymore as long as You Tube stays available.

I used this video to get my grandkids (ages 6 thru 8) into the spirit. They watched that video every time they came to my house from then to 2008 when I took them all to WDW.

Goofyernmost

The CMs at DL are more that way. I think there's just so many needed at WDW that you get the not-so-great ones mixed in with the great ones.

It might also be the age. I find I have more conversations with many of the CMs than my parents do just because they're closer in age to me. I also think, unfortunately, a lot of baby boomers have a reputation for treating the CMs poorly, an unfortunate reputation that my generation lacks. Not that the idea that baby boomers are rude and demanding is any more valid than the idea that millenials are lazy and stupid, but it's an unfortunate prejudice.
Maybe, but, I was still a boomer just 4 miles north of WDW. I would have liked to think that it was just a random few, but, it wasn't. It got better after that, but at that time it was painfully obvious. They bunched up together talking and laughing and completely ignoring everyone else. That was happening throughout WDW. The vibe was awful there. The TM's were either not forced friendly or very good actors, because they came across completely genuine.

StarWarsGirl

Maybe, but, I was still a boomer just 4 miles north of WDW. I would have liked to think that it was just a random few, but, it wasn't. It got better after that, but at that time it was painfully obvious. They bunched up together talking and laughing and completely ignoring everyone else. That was happening throughout WDW. The vibe was awful there. The TM's were either not forced friendly or very good actors, because they came across completely genuine.
That's rather ironic that the park with better customer service is the one owned by Comcast.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I had to do a very sad thing to day. I have finally decided that my keeping all my VCR tapes was just a waste of time and brought my overall sanity into question since I don't have a VCR player anymore. The movies I don't care about because I have most of them on DVD's now, but, I have a couple of decades of WDW Vacation Videos that are useless pieces of plastic tape now.
I had my own personal copy of this... but, I guess I don't really need it anymore as long as You Tube stays available.

I used this video to get my grandkids (ages 6 thru 8) into the spirit. They watched that video every time they came to my house from then to 2008 when I took them all to WDW.

That was James first planning video

Goofyernmost

That's rather ironic that the park with better customer service is the one owned by Comcast.
Yea, I know, but, I suspect it is different management made up of people that Disney had laid off because they were to expensive, salary wise, plus at the time Uni was expanding and looking very much alive and Disney was still in the Decade of Nothing. I don't think morale was very high.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

Loved Dave the bench guy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom