Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Movielover

That’s after, like, less than a day of actual training. Luke could barely pull a lightsaber 3 YEARS after he got that small bit of training from Obi Wan.
I do think she is overpowered a bit, but that doesn't take away from me liking the character and her backstory, plus I enjoy Daisy in the role. Still she is not a Mary Sue, she fails and learns through her failures, which is not a characteristic of a Mary Sue. And the whole comparison with Luke I never got into. Luke was able to dogfight against Darth Vader, survive and then land the luckiest 1 in a billion shot to destroy the Death Star all after a hour's lesson in the Falcon and Obi Wan connect through Force Blu-Tooth. They both are very strong with the Force in different ways and can do incredible things. Can't we like both? ;)
Yeah I don’t get complaining about Leia. The others I could do without but you likely know that.
No argument there, except...
7ced66b553ddc89d682dfedc3d9869d9.gif

people don’t care for Chris Evans as Human Torch
tenor.gif

What's not to like???? ;):p

doctornick

Example: people don’t care for Chris Evans as Human Torch, but love him as Captain America.

Hey, Chris Evans did a great job as Johnny Storm (and the interactions with Ben were probably the high point of those movies)! Those FF movies were generally bad, but I think that is a poor example of what you are trying to illustrate as it reflects a good actor overcoming a lousy script.

YodaMan

Can we please try and avoid spoiling Rise of the Resistance in this thread and keep spoilers in the thread dedicated to the ride? I’d love to read about people’s opinions on what’s currently available in the land without ruining the surprise of what’s to come in the upcoming ride.

DCLcruiser

Two questions:

1) So, without giving away too much... do I have to yell at the random people with us in the MF so that we don't suck at the mission?

2) The stormtroopers etc, will they leave you alone? We're from NY and don't really like to interact on the street.

ToTBellHop

Two questions:

1) So, without giving away too much... do I have to yell at the random people with us in the MF so that we don't suck at the mission?

2) The stormtroopers etc, will they leave you alone? We're from NY and don't really like to interact on the street.
1) not really. It course corrects and if you crash a lot, it’s a thrill ride!
2) ignore them and keep walking

Mike S

I do think she is overpowered a bit, but that doesn't take away from me liking the character and her backstory, plus I enjoy Daisy in the role. Still she is not a Mary Sue, she fails and learns through her failures, which is not a characteristic of a Mary Sue. And the whole comparison with Luke I never got into. Luke was able to dogfight against Darth Vader, survive and then land the luckiest 1 in a billion shot to destroy the Death Star all after a hour's lesson in the Falcon and Obi Wan connect through Force Blu-Tooth. They both are very strong with the Force in different ways and can do incredible things. Can't we like both? ;)

tenor.gif

Luke didn’t dogfight Darth Vader. He narrowly got killed (I have you now) and then Han stepped in ;)

Also it was established previously he was a skilled pilot and a good shot from bullsyeing womprats the same size as the shot he needed to take. The force just gave him an extra push to do what he’s already known how to do.

I guess we can finish it here though.
Hey, Chris Evans did a great job as Johnny Storm (and the interactions with Ben were probably the high point of those movies)! Those FF movies were generally bad, but I think that is a poor example of what you are trying to illustrate as it reflects a good actor overcoming a lousy script.
I liked him too but I was speaking more of a general reaction not my personal take.

eddie104

Can people stop saying this. You're acting like FoP wasn't the first E-ticket since everest. Look, I've been visiting Disney world for nearly 40yrs. Just because they are building now doesn't negate the decade + of stagnation the parks have had. So yes, wdw fans have been starved for new rides.
While true to some extent they are investing in the parks considerably now. I don’t think that being desperate for new rides is somehow going to blind people. FOP literally opened about two years ago so not that starved.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
At the moment there is still the hype because it is new and of course it is a passholder event so every passholder wants to go. Let's wait until it is generally open for more than just a few days. It was the same in DL at the beginning and then reality set in and many saw it for what it is, an insanely overpriced shopping mall for merchandise from the abysmal Disney Star Wars Sequel trash, without OS (Original Saga) characters and PC to the max. Blue milk (at 8 bucks a cup) is actually vegan (YUCK) and in the oncoming "Rise of the Resistance" ride (who cares about this bunch of pathetic losers anyway?) you are Meeting Ăśber-Mary Sue Rey and General Leia as Hosts, not Han not Luke not even one of the crappy new male leads. And the only open ride is based on the only Star Wars flop Solo.
In DL the crowds died down faster than anyone had expected. Let's see how the DHS Counterpart is doing.

Nice that some here are enjoying the new land. If the appeal of Star Wars to you is the hardware, then no doubt you'll prob have a good time.

But for some of us, the appeal has less to do with the giant buzzing glowsticks and the pew-pew-pew, but with the characters. And there haven't been any good new ones, and the good old ones are mostly dead. And the Jedi are mostly dead. And the Force no longer has the resonance it once did because mitochondria (seriously, I'm still: wut?) So for me SW is no longer much fun. YMMV.

You two have very excellent reviews of Star Wars Land as it appears in Disney Hollywood Studios. Because, it wouldn't be like either one of you to try to hijack a thread with bitterness and vile like some of those jerks who think it makes them one of the cool kids and take if off topic to Anaheim or the movies. No. Neither of you are like that at all. We should all value your opinion because it's based on what you experienced and you keep it totally on topic.

You two are probably the best posters on these boards. I love you both. Please, some more of what you experienced in DHS's SWL, please, nay... pretty please!

Were all waiting for your very valuable first hand experience.

Jones14

That’s after, like, less than a day of actual training. Luke could barely pull a lightsaber 3 YEARS after he got that small bit of training from Obi Wan.
EDIT: Whoops, sorry for the thread derail. Skip this post if you’re looking for park stuff.

Luke is also half-conscious, hanging upside down, and freezing to death while a monster is approaching to eat him in a cave at the very beginning of his movie. Rey is not dealing with any of those problems, and it’s at the end of her second movie.

Out of universe, Star Wars always introduces new, difficult feats for Jedi and Sith that in later movies are then treated to be run of the mill abilities for their respective fashions.

Telepathic communication from Obi-Wan in A New Hope? Luke and Leia can do it in Empire, no sweat.

Telekinesis in Empire to grab a lightsaber? Yoda expects him to pull a whole X-Wing out of the swamp with no assistance thirty minutes later, and gets annoyed when he can’t.

Palpatine’s unstoppable Force Lightning in Return of the Jedi? Dooku can do it too, and Jedi can deflect it, with the Force or a lightsaber.

The Force has always been established as more spiritual than methodical; it’s an energy you open yourself up to, not a skill tree, so I’ll never understand the argument of “not enough training” when it comes to the people who can use it.

Surfin' Tuna

not really. It course corrects and if you crash a lot, it’s a thrill ride!
I think it is actually a lot more fun with bad piloting. My favorite of five rides was as gunner, because the pilots were the worst. Don't get me wrong, I think gunner is the worst spot, but the bad piloting made it fun. They knew they were bad and were laughing it up and everyone had a great time as they kept blaming each other for flying into everything.

I have a long history or sarcastically knocking the direction of the company. I don't care for the new Star Wars movies, but the land in and of itself is great. We can't criticize the many missteps of the company and not also pat them on the back when they do something right. That's not exactly being honest. Walking through the tunnel the rest of DHS disappears. That's what we were promised, and it's what we got. It would be great if there was more there, but what's there is spot-on great.

Magenta Panther

tenor.gif

Rey is a total Mary Sue. Mary Sue is the only reason she exists. And she's one of the reason SW is in decline. And that the new toys don't sell very well. She has zip personality. Her friends aren't anywhere near the level of Han and Leia.

But hey, settle for less. Iger appreciates your business. :D

Magenta Panther

You two have very excellent reviews of Star Wars Land as it appears in Disney Hollywood Studios. Because, it wouldn't be like either one of you to try to hijack a thread with bitterness and vile like some of those jerks who think it makes them one of the cool kids and take if off topic to Anaheim or the movies. No. Neither of you are like that at all. We should all value your opinion because it's based on what you experienced and you keep it totally on topic.

You two are probably the best posters on these boards. I love you both. Please, some more of what you experienced in DHS's SWL, please, nay... pretty please!

Were all waiting for your very valuable first hand experience.

Yeah, I'd oblige, but my next Florida vacation will be at Universal. I'll let you know how Gringott's and Hagrid measure up. Stay tuned!

polynesiangirl

I'm not going to get into all the ins and outs of my personal Star Wars fandom, but if it helps anyone, I've been a pretty huge Star Wars fan for a long time and I wouldn't consider myself any kind of major fan of the sequel trilogy thus far. I also wouldn't consider myself to be especially thrilled with the direction Disney's gone with for its parks in the last decade or so, for reasons big and small (though I would also say that I do still genuinely love visiting). I guess I would describe myself as neither a doom-and-gloomer nor a pixie-duster.

All that said, I loved Galaxy's Edge. My whole family did. A small sample size, yes, and just one person's story, but I really had a good time. For whatever it's worth. 🤷‍♀️

Stripes

there used to be a joke about imagineering's over-reliance on rockwork
... but when you've been perfecting something since '59, and with someone talented as zsolt... work it gurl

you take 2nd and 3rd pics?
Agreed.

No, the second pic is from bioreconstruct on Twitter and the third is from @cchard on Twitter.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom