Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Movielover

Wow lots to beak down here...

an insanely overpriced shopping mall for merchandise

So how is it different from literally any other shop in the resort or any other theme park? Theme park merchandise overpriced? You're really breaking new ground there Mr. Assange!

abysmal Disney Star Wars Sequel trash

tenor.gif

without OS (Original Saga) characters

Yeah, absolutely nothing OT related here in this image...

:rolleyes:

Blue milk (at 8 bucks a cup) is actually vegan (YUCK)

What? Theme park food and drink expensive?!?!?! Why is this a surprise to you? Is this literally the first time going to a theme park/ sporting event/ literally any place selling food to make a profit?

I agree with you on the vegan thing though... Dang Commies trying to spread their crazy.

in the oncoming "Rise of the Resistance" ride (who cares about this bunch of pathetic losers anyway?)

Wow, I haven't felt love like that since the Trail of Tears! You must be a fun person to go to the parks with full of all that positive energy!

Oh yeah a lot of people care by the way! :rolleyes:

you are Meeting Über-Mary Sue Rey

Not a "Mary Sue". That character has many flaws that influence action and narrative flow such as her naive outlook that Kylo will change to her side, a horrible case of hero worship, and her inability to let go of the past.

General Leia as Hosts, not Han not Luke not even one of the crappy new male leads.

Wow I love how you have to twist that Princess Leia being part of the ride is a bad thing in order to spin your nonsense. Also Poe and Finn are confirmed to be in the ride with both Oscar and John confirmed to be reprising their roles.

Also calling Golden Globe winning actor Oscar Isaac "crappy' really shows your intellectual level of thinking on this subject... :rolleyes:

And the only open ride is based on the only Star Wars flop Solo.

Yeah, and also based on possibly every Star Wars fan's dream of flying the Falcon, something that I've wanted to do ever since seeing the films. But I guess wish fulfillment and engaging with one of the most iconic vehicles in Sci-Fi history is not enough to impress some...
source.gif

Bright Suns!!!! :happy:

Disstevefan1

At the moment there is still the hype because it is new and of course it is a passholder event so every passholder wants to go. Let's wait until it is generally open for more than just a few days. It was the same in DL at the beginning and then reality set in and many saw it for what it is, an insanely overpriced shopping mall for merchandise from the abysmal Disney Star Wars Sequel trash, without OS (Original Saga) characters and PC to the max. Blue milk (at 8 bucks a cup) is actually vegan (YUCK) and in the oncoming "Rise of the Resistance" ride (who cares about this bunch of pathetic losers anyway?) you are Meeting Über-Mary Sue Rey and General Leia as Hosts, not Han not Luke not even one of the crappy new male leads. And the only open ride is based on the only Star Wars flop Solo.
In DL the crowds died down faster than anyone had expected. Let's see how the DHS Counterpart is doing.

We used to complain how attractions exited to a gift shop. Now we have a gift shop complex that exits to an attraction...

Magenta Panther

Nice that some here are enjoying the new land. If the appeal of Star Wars to you is the hardware, then no doubt you'll prob have a good time.

But for some of us, the appeal has less to do with the giant buzzing glowsticks and the pew-pew-pew, but with the characters. And there haven't been any good new ones, and the good old ones are mostly dead. And the Jedi are mostly dead. And the Force no longer has the resonance it once did because mitochondria (seriously, I'm still: wut?) So for me SW is no longer much fun. YMMV.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Wait a minute. These are positive reviews. From the Disneyland thread I was lead to believe the land is a joyless, dead, war torn Iraq with nothing to do and no characters to interact with. Also Smugglers Run barely moves and feels like a video game. I guess the booze in Florida really makes up for those things. 😉

Wow, I am shocked to learn that different people can have different opinions of the same thing. ;)

Clopin Trouillefou

Okay, I’ve had time to digest and get my thoughts down. We had a preview yesterday morning.

In summary: to hell with other people’s online reviews. We had an absolute blast. The scale and sight lines are jaw-dropping. It felt as though we left the park for 4 1/2 hours.

The marketplace area is wonderful with some really unique (but expensive!) items. I enjoyed the kettle corn and the food in Docking Bay is the best QSR on property, though it does need more seating, and not in the sun with no shade.

Oga’s requires a wait even after checking in, and the wait is in the sun. But once inside, I love the energy. We don’t drink alcohol but the kids had yummy fruity drinks and we had the cold brew, which is the most unique (but good) iced coffee I’ve ever had.

Smuggler’s Run had a 55-min wait the first time, 70 the second. The queue is FoP-level immersive and the ride is so darn fun. My 6-year old son crashed up the Falcon REAL good the second ride and the exit hallway indeed sparked.

Loved all the costuming and the CMs were uniformly exceptional. Well-done. I enjoyed the characters all over the land but agree they should add droids.

By the way, there is music. It comes from radios in the queue (you know, like you’d expect in an actual garage) and you can hear it outside Ronto’s. Having actually visited the land, I think John Williams’ score elsewhere would be detrimental to the immersiveness. This is new DHS, not old. We are meant to be on actual Batuu, not in a movie.

I think they did an exceptional job here. I also think you would have been able to see into Toy Story Land if they built the third ride. Glad they cut it and can’t wait for RotR. Bright suns!View attachment 399771
I had my AP preview today...

• Land is spectacular.
  • Interactive CMs is top notch. You can't take ten steps on the FO side without running into troopers. And a third of the time, Kylo was with them. They have a lot more canned responses and are hilarious at times. Kylo and two troopers were force-bedazzled by the three-year-old Rey who was totally ignoring them to jump in puddles. A three year-year-old Han ran up to Chewie for a hug. He took him by the hand for a walk and grabbed a 10-year-old girl dressed as an Ewok in his other hand. Vi was even up and about.
  • Oga's was packed, which, for the venue, was totally in theme. The staff sung along with one of Rex's songs as if it was an age-old tradition. The blue milk was meh. The cookie, meh. The jello-bobba dish... meh. Maybe too sweet altogether. Wish they sold the Coca-Cola detonators in there.
  • All the shopping venues were way too small. I'd suggest, and I'm willing to bet it will happen, that they'll put a roof over the open air market and move the merch stands into the main aisle.
  • Line for Dok Ondar... didn't want to wait.
  • Didn't do Savi.
  • Did the Droid Depot. Fun event. It is expensive, but the Droids are cute. Decided to home school them.
  • Did MF:SR twice. 50 minute wait, but I think it was more like 35. Buddy and I were pilots both times. First time thru, our crew did a great job... 2 coaxiums and 9600 credits. Second time... they were slow on the repairs and only 8000 credits and Hondo hilariously reading out a list of broken ship parts. From the queue, you can see a bit of SDD track, but, there are trees that will eventually block it. You can see a bit of some buildings, I think the extended box-on-a-roof for the projection show. Not noticeable unless you're looking for it. Same with the very tiptops of ToT peeking over a building.
  • Big disappointment is the underbuilding of the buildings. With the land so big, don't know why every food and merch area is so small, especially since we know they were expecting huge crowds for years and years.
  • Totally comparable to Pandora. And like Pandora, it could use more attractions. And like Pandora, will visit again and again.
At the moment there is still the hype because it is new and of course it is a passholder event so every passholder wants to go. Let's wait until it is generally open for more than just a few days. It was the same in DL at the beginning and then reality set in and many saw it for what it is, an insanely overpriced shopping mall for merchandise from the abysmal Disney Star Wars Sequel trash, without OS (Original Saga) characters and PC to the max. Blue milk (at 8 bucks a cup) is actually vegan (YUCK) and in the oncoming "Rise of the Resistance" ride (who cares about this bunch of pathetic losers anyway?) you are Meeting Über-Mary Sue Rey and General Leia as Hosts, not Han not Luke not even one of the crappy new male leads. And the only open ride is based on the only Star Wars flop Solo.
In DL the crowds died down faster than anyone had expected. Let's see how the DHS Counterpart is doing.

whoever has a positive opinion of galaxy's edge, please share! for science's sake I wanna see how riled up we can get. I'll be there in January and can't wait to post everything I loved about it (it's a foregone conclusion for me. I'm a sucker).

PS, enjoy your trips!

Stripes

Wait a minute. These are positive reviews. From the Disneyland thread I was lead to believe the land is a joyless, dead, war torn Iraq with nothing to do and no characters to interact with. Also Smugglers Run barely moves and feels like a video game. I guess the booze in Florida really makes up for those things. 😉
To be fair, the colors at DHS have a lot more vibrancy and pop. I like it much better.

Disneyland:

Hollywood Studios:

mikejs78

Premium Member
Ok, but @MansionButler84 lost a lot of credibility with me when he said the kettle corn was good. ;) @MisterPenguin was a pilot both times on the Falcon. It is an awesome ride if you're the pilot. But 2/3 of the people aren't.

/rant over

I actually agree with both about how amazing the land is, so I shouldn't have helped the doom and gloomers by nitpicking.
It's OK to nitpick, it's what fans do. And that's fine. There's a difference, though, between nitpicking (which you were doing) and the "burn it all down" attitude of some here.

erasure fan1

It's funny because that isn't what I get from most of the criticism at all. Personally I've never felt the need to defend Disney. The shortcomings of the land are glaring and obvious. And it isn't just the "gloom and doomers", it's people from all over. Just about every issue with the land has validity. Does it make the land terrible and a failure? No, not at all. What it means is that Disney has opportunities to improve it and give us that experience they promised. Because as of now, GE isn't the greatest land ever made.

erasure fan1

That's debatable. I've heard several people say that it beats both Pandora and Potter for them.

Yes the land can be improved. Every land can. But from what I'm seeing, what's there is very good and only going to get better once RotR opens.
Of course it's debatable, that's all this website is. I've heard a lot more Potter is a much better land than star wars. Of course I've seen people say they love toy story land and dinoland. To each their own. There is no denying the land was designed with a retail mindset first and foremost. That's an issue for a family like mine that would need to spend well over $1000 extra to do everything the land offers. Maybe it's WDW fans are just so starved that they feel the need to reject any possible issues? There is no one that wants this land to be the greatest more than I do. But right now, I can't say it. It will be very interesting in a year or so to see how this land has evolved.

pdude81

To those going to AP previews, can you say if you had to bring your AP card with you as opposed to MB and ID? I'll hunt mine down if need be but that seems to be wholly unnecessary given that they already know what level of pass you have and whether it's valid.

Jones14

Ok, but @MansionButler84 lost a lot of credibility with me when he said the kettle corn was good. ;) @MisterPenguin was a pilot both times on the Falcon. It is an awesome ride if you're the pilot. But 2/3 of the people aren't.

/rant over

I actually agree with both about how amazing the land is, so I shouldn't have helped the doom and gloomers by nitpicking.
For us (me, my boyfriend, my brother, and his wife) engineer also qualified as awesome, and we all got to do every position.

Pilot gives you that immediate “wow, I have so much control” feeling, but it also requires constant and total concentration for the whole attraction. Engineer gives you a minute to just enjoy the ride before you get to work (and there is a lot to do) which I think will be a strong positive for many.

drod1985

Love the reviews @MisterPenguin and @MansionButler84

My buddy jumped the gun on me - we have a trip planned with a few friends for August 29th, but he attended a passholder preview last night. He had glowing reviews as well. Came back with the Rancor beer flight mugs. His one-sentence review was "In all my years of experiencing Disney nothing has brought me pure childlike joy like this." He did also say that pilot will make or break your Falcon ride.

The good thing about this guy going before our trip is that he was a pilot on the Falcon...so as a result our group voted he has to forfeit the pilot spot to one of us during our trip. 😁

Indy_UK

I've watched a ton of videos on the land on YouTube now. On the face of it, I like the look of the one in Hollywood studios better. I think they need to do 3 things that will make the land perfect.

1. Open RotR and make it the most incredible ride ever
2. Go back and build the sit down restaurant. They need to take the pressure off the Cantina
3. Get the land alive with walk around aliens and characters. kylo I think should be saved for the show he has

erasure fan1

Can people stop saying this like it’s not true in any sense of the word. I mean your acting like we are not getting like 6 new attractions in less than three years.
Can people stop saying this. You're acting like FoP wasn't the first E-ticket since everest. Look, I've been visiting Disney world for nearly 40yrs. Just because they are building now doesn't negate the decade + of stagnation the parks have had. So yes, wdw fans have been starved for new rides.

Mike S

Not a "Mary Sue". That character has many flaws that influence action and narrative flow such as her naive outlook that Kylo will change to her side, a horrible case of hero worship, and her inability to let go of the past.
Well...
tumblr_p4gs0jn93J1saw731o7_540.gif

That’s after, like, less than a day of actual training. Luke could barely pull a lightsaber 3 YEARS after he got that small bit of training from Obi Wan.

Wow I love how you have to twist that Princess Leia being part of the ride is a bad thing in order to spin your nonsense. Also Poe and Finn are confirmed to be in the ride with both Oscar and John confirmed to be reprising their roles.
Yeah I don’t get complaining about Leia. The others I could do without but you likely know that.
Also calling Golden Globe winning actor Oscar Isaac "crappy' really shows your intellectual level of thinking on this subject... :rolleyes:
Doesn’t mean you have to like every role he’s in. Actors have ups and downs and what’s viewed as a good role will vary from person to person as well. Example: people don’t care for Chris Evans as Human Torch, but love him as Captain America. Same goes for Michael B. Jordan as Human Torch vs. him as Killmonger.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom