Ex-Disney accountant alleges major accounting fraud in parks and resorts division

Reason

I don't think some of you realize how seriously things about to implode. It's so serious that there are reports of Bob Iger showing what could be considered actual human emotion for the first time in his entire life.

This is either one of the Snyder boys or someone trying to pretend. I do not think things are going to implode. I DO think a very talented and completely hamstrung WDI executive is going back to the other side for some wet work. Disney's loss.

Surferboy567

I seriously see no way this could even be remotely true. All these conspiracy like posts propping up are becoming too much to follow. I really think someone is trying to drag Iger and Co into the mud before D23. Like others have said the timing is way too perfect.

HmmmmmMMMmm

This is either one of the Snyder boys or someone trying to pretend. I do not think things are going to implode. I DO think a very talented and completely hamstrung WDI executive is going back to the other side for some wet work. Disney's loss.
It certainly is not but I guess I can see why you think so.
The Snyder Boy's are, if I had to guess, taking a much more Regina George like approach to this:

EPCOT View

I worked for Home Depot in their finance dept. for years, you'd be surprised how much can be had in gift card fraud. We had one guy who got away with $120K in one year, and that's just one person. But billions would seem a bit aggressive, millions yes.
Could anything that Disney gives away free be classed as income ? Intra-company profit and loss ? Sale of free Dining plan food in Resort Restaurant Income versus cost of dining plan added to the Disney Resort advertising freebies expense total ? An extra day free at the park could be classed at full retail day's rate sale with the same amount as a cost to ticketing overheads.
What are the financial rules against such a thing ?

the_rich

In my opinion if this had any real legs then the stock would be getting hammered in after hours trading. It didn't happen so I'm calling shenanigans unless proven to be true.

the_rich

Didn't see this posted. Disney's response.

This former employee, who was fired for cause, has persistently made patently false claims for over two years,” the statement said. “The claims she made to the company were thoroughly investigated and found to be utterly baseless. It is unfortunate that MarketWatch, which has been aware of the facts for months, knowingly and deliberately chose to give Ms. Kuba’s unfounded claims a platform.

Chef Mickey

The kind of deliberate manipulation of stock prices is more criminal than the possible accounting irregularities.

Some disgruntled employee with literally no credible evidence or source makes a generic statement and these financial news outlets print it. Shame on them. They should be charged if this is a lot of nonsense...the ex employee and Dow Jones owned Marketwatch. You can’t just say this stuff without consequences. This is real money people lose. The same happened with GE last week.

CNBC does the same thing. No due diligence...just start reporting bearish news because that’s what gets viewers. Stocks going down is soooo much better for clicks and TV viewers that they’ve lost all form of honor or credibility in their reporting.

Same with AAPL. A few years ago was the worst during iPhone 6 and iPhone 7. Mysterious ZERO credibility “supply checks” say iPhone is struggling to sell, stock drops and Apple reports good numbers that negate it, but damage was done. No named source, just “people familiar” with the situation.

This manipulation is criminal and big institutions are behind it in many cases, particularly with the fake news.

lazyboy97o

The kind of deliberate manipulation of stock prices is more criminal than the possible accounting irregularities.

Some disgruntled employee with literally no credible evidence or source makes a generic statement and these financial news outlets print it. Shame on them. They should be charged if this is a lot of nonsense...the ex employee and Dow Jones owned Marketwatch. You can’t just say this stuff without consequences. This is real money people lose. The same happened with GE last week.

CNBC does the same thing. No due diligence...just start reporting bearish news because that’s what gets viewers. Stocks going down is soooo much better for clicks and TV viewers that they’ve lost all form of honor or credibility in their reporting.
What is your basis for claiming the author is lying about having documents?

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
I feel like people are too quick to jump the gun in believing that this story is true considering the timing of the article. Had it been 6 months ago then yeah there could be some validity to it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom