News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

allgiggles

There were others, both in AoA and POP that said "Disney's Skyliner", but those were taped over and you couldn't read it in the photo.

Why did they put an icon of the Skyliner next to Classic Hall??? The swimming icon next to the name of the pool and the washing machine icon next to the laundry room make sense to me. But the Skyliner isn't at Classic Hall. I would imagine an icon of food, a bus, or several other things....but the Skyliner??? What am I missing...I must be having a blonde moment.

DisneyDrum

Why did they put an icon of the Skyliner next to Classic Hall??? The swimming icon next to the name of the pool and the washing machine icon next to the laundry room make sense to me. But the Skyliner isn't at Classic Hall. I would imagine an icon of food, a bus, or several other things....but the Skyliner??? What am I missing...I must be having a blonde moment.

It's cheaper to make a Skyliner sticker than a new sign?

allgiggles

It's cheaper to make a Skyliner sticker than a new sign?

I just don't see the point of adding even a sticker. There's no sticker for the bus...or the food court...yet people figure out where those are. Just seems confusing -- I have visions of people going to Classic Hall and asking where the Skyliner is.

Meh...I'm not losing sleep over it.....

joelkfla

I just don't see the point of adding even a sticker. There's no sticker for the bus...or the food court...yet people figure out where those are. Just seems confusing -- I have visions of people going to Classic Hall and asking where the Skyliner is.

Meh...I'm not losing sleep over it.....
Everyone knows that the bus stops & food court are at Classic Hall. Separate icons would be nice, but they're not really needed..

OTOH, Guests may not know that the Skyliner is on the Generation Bridge, and if they do, they may not know which way to get to the bridge.

allgiggles

Everyone knows that the bus stops & food court are at Classic Hall. Separate icons would be nice, but they're not really needed..

OTOH, Guests may not know that the Skyliner is on the Generation Bridge, and if they do, they may not know which way to get to the bridge.

But a sign located in the 90's section with a picture of the Skyliner next to the words "Classic Hall" isn't going to get people to the Skyliner station...it's going to get them to Classic Hall....which isn't really near the Skyliner station. I'm guessing there will be flyers in every single room letting people know where the Skyliner station is. I'm thinking signs like this will just confuse people. JMO.

joelkfla

But a sign located in the 90's section with a picture of the Skyliner next to the words "Classic Hall" isn't going to get people to the Skyliner station...it's going to get them to Classic Hall....which isn't really near the Skyliner station.
Yeah ... I'm thinking there's another sign up ahead that says Classic Hall this way, and Skyliner that-a-way.

wserratore1963

It certainly will take guests from there whenever the station opens. And they could block off the Riviera from Aruba while allowing station access but that means changing where the barricades are from there as well as blocking off the other entry exit points from the station to get anywhere else. This bioreconstruct pic is from 2 weeks or so ago and it looks like a low see through fence along the water path and it looks like they may want to do some more work there on the shoreline for grass, drainage, and landscaping.

link - picture is huge

My thoughts are that this is more trouble than it's worth until the exterior of this area is largely finished. So if that is done by 9/29 then great, but that only benefits one area of CBR since Martinique would still be blocked from the other side and have to take the bridge.
That's a great pic- Thanks for posting!

aladdin2007

Am I reading the new mickey monitor incorrectly? The way its written makes it sound like unless your staying on property then you cant use the gondolas...or are they just trying to make it sound more appealing to resort guests etc.... Im guessing if your a passholder for instance (since it is in the mickeymonitor) you will be allowed to use it to some extent? Or do we not have those details yet?

trainplane3

Am I reading the new mickey monitor incorrectly? The way its written makes it sound like unless your staying on property then you cant use the gondolas...or are they just trying to make it sound more appealing to resort guests etc.... Im guessing if your a passholder for instance (since it is in the mickeymonitor) you will be allowed to use it to some extent? Or do we not have those details yet?
This?
Picture gliding majestically through the skies and enjoying one-ofa-kind views on your way to a Walt Disney World® Theme Park. That's exactly what Resort Guests can do aboard the all-new Disney Skyliner (opening September 29), a skysailing gondola system that provides unique and innovative transport. This new state-of-the-art system conveniently connects Disney’s Hollywood Studios® and the International Gateway at Epcot® to Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort, Disney’s Pop Century Resort and Disney’s Riviera Resort (projected to open December 16, 2019). Across the three lines, there are nearly 300 gondola cabins, each with a capacity for up to 10 Guests (including those with wheelchairs or assistive devices) and specifically tailored for the Florida climate. What you’re most likely to notice are the 22 Disney-themed gondolas. These inspired cabins feature stunning graphics based on Disney films, attractions and beloved Characters, including Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse and the Hitchhiking Ghosts from Haunted Mansion®, just to name a few. So on your next stay at a Disney Resort hotel, take to the skies. Because with a little pixie dust (and the new Disney Skyliner), you can fly, you can fly, you can fly!

I wouldn't read too much into it, personally.

fngoofy

That's how it used to be on the Monorail Resort Line. You had to have at least one person in your group that was staying in a Monorail resort to board at not only the MK, but at the resort itself. So you couldn't come in and eat at the Contemporary and then go to the MK.
It makes sense, helps keep the capacity within limits.

Grimley1968

It'll certainly be a selling point for staying at any of the resorts on the lines, but just as certainly WDW won't require staying at one of those resorts just to ride it.

Remember that, even if you're not staying at one of the gondola resorts, the route from EPCOT to the Studios, and all other lines, has its hub at CBR. If they didn't intend for non-gondola resort guests to ride this system, I don't think they'd have put the hub of the system at a resort.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster

I doubt they are limiting it to resort guests. The wording in that article makes sense since they will be of most benefit to resort guests.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
That's how it used to be on the Monorail Resort Line. You had to have at least one person in your group that was staying in a Monorail resort to board at not only the MK, but at the resort itself. So you couldn't come in and eat at the Contemporary and then go to the MK.
It makes sense, helps keep the capacity within limits.

The system has plenty of capacity especially at the times when non-resort guests would be using it, which wouldn't be at the start or end of the day.

Goofyernmost

I doubt they are limiting it to resort guests. The wording in that article makes sense since they will be of most benefit to resort guests.
Probably in the wording. They might have said that if you stay at those resorts you will be using the Gondola's only. Then someone figured out that meant that only those resorts guests are allowed to use it.

gerarar

Premium Member
The Hollywood Studios Skyliner Station got some new signage recently;

First off is directional signage to indicate where the Skyliner can take you to.

Second, we have the max count of people per gondola, which isn't a surprise as previously mentioned by others here..

Last is the gorgeous launch area at the DHS station!

All the pictures above and more can be found on BlogMickey, so please do check out the others!!

Attachments

• dsc01912-1-1068x712.jpg
    dsc01912-1-1068x712.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 42
  • dsc01910-1068x712.jpg
    dsc01910-1068x712.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 37

allgiggles

First off is directional signage to indicate where the Skyliner can take you to.
View attachment 399810
Second, we have the max count of people per gondola, which isn't a surprise as previously mentioned by others here..
View attachment 399809
View attachment 399808

All the pictures above and more can be found on BlogMickey, so please do check out the others!!

Interesting that the one sign says "those with a fear of heights or enclosed spaces should not ride" I wonder if that means they will definitely have buses running those routes. That's kind of a rhetorical question...I know it's been discussed over and over here and we won't know for sure until it actually happens. Just interesting (to me) to see that statement on a sign -- makes it seem (to me) like Disney is treating this more like an attraction/ride rather than a form of transportation. I don't recall seeing that kind of "warning" at the monorails, but I've never really been looking for it (even though I do have a fear of heights and confined spaces and riding the monorail is a bit stressful for me).

Creathir

View attachment 399810
View attachment 399809
View attachment 399808

I love the small text with warning information about fear of heights or small spaces on the max occupancy sign.

I’d like to think this thread had something to do with that verbiage...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom