Tomorrowland Overhaul Speculation

Snow Queen

Why not switch em around. Star Tours where Pooh is. Coaster on the expansion pad.

EDIT: spatially Works better But not thematically
"To accommodate their fleet on a regular basis, Star Tours had to build a spaceport out on the edge of the forest, but don't worry weary travelers, we offer a complimentary transportation system all the way into Black Spire Outpost."

Done. Two rides. :p

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I’m not worried about how tall. I’m worried about how wide. And that large canopy either not looking good next to the Matterhorn, Space Mountain or both.
Except with the majority of the building being underground, say in the Sub and Autopia area. Then they can do rockwork and trees around the building as @britain suggested. It wouldn't be much of a different look than what is there now, at least the way I'm envisioning it.

As for the canopy, we've discussed this already. Its not copy/paste, its not going to be the same size and shape as the one from Shanghai. The canopy will be modified as will the track layout to fit within the tight spaces of TL.

TROR

Except with the majority of the building being underground, say in the Sub and Autopia area. Then they can do rockwork and trees around the building as @britain suggested. It wouldn't be much of a different look than what is there now, at least the way I'm envisioning it.

As for the canopy, we've discussed this already. Its not copy/paste, its not going to be the same size and shape as the one from Shanghai. The canopy will be modified as will the track layout to fit within the tight spaces of TL.
If it’s modified to fit Disneyland, then I don’t think anyone minds. The issue is the idea of a direct clone.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
If it’s modified to fit Disneyland, then I don’t think anyone minds. The issue is the idea of a direct clone.
And again this has been discussed. Even Martin responded to you in the other thread. Its confirmed it'll be modified and not a direct clone.

So again I don't know why we're still discussing how it won't fit.

mickEblu

Well I can only hope if it is a clone that they go this route

mickEblu

And again this has been discussed. Even Martin responded to you in the other thread. Its confirmed it'll be modified and not a direct clone.

So again I don't know why we're still discussing how it won't fit.

Martin said it’s not an exact clone? That’s good news.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Sounded to me like he wasn’t sure himself, but I’m not familiar with his posts to read between the lines.
He wasn't sure about the size, because he's not familiar with TL and how its done. But since those of us that know DL can attest, you can put the show building underground as has been done already in TL with Subs, ST, and even SM.

Disneylover152

The thing is Disney has been known to go out of their way to clone stuff. The original rumor for TRON at WDW was that it was a unique ride layout in the place of the speedway. Rather than that now we are seeing them go out of their way to rework the railroad tracks in order to clone the Shanghai ride. Star Wars Land was built for Disneyland's layout. Rather than reworking the rides and shows to have Star Wars Land fit a unique WDW footprint, they just built a clone in DHS, and now the park has a weird hole in the middle with nothing. Ratatouille, they are extending the France Pavilion to fit a clone of the Paris ride in the park when they could have reworked the ride to fit in the France Pavilion. I could go on all day. Even the Frozen expansions at HK and Paris, all of these (*rumored*) will have exact clones of the Frozen ride at Epcot with little-to-no changes, not to mention the two expansions are going to be pretty much identical.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
The thing is Disney has been known to go out of their way to clone stuff. The original rumor for TRON at WDW was that it was a unique ride layout in the place of the speedway. Rather than that now we are seeing them go out of their way to rework the railroad tracks in order to clone the Shanghai ride. Star Wars Land was built for Disneyland's layout. Rather than reworking the rides and shows to have Star Wars Land fit a unique WDW footprint, they just built a clone in DHS, and now the park has a weird hole in the middle with nothing. Ratatouille, they are extending the France Pavilion to fit a clone of the Paris ride in the park when they could have reworked the ride to fit in the France Pavilion. I could go on all day. Even the Frozen expansions at HK and Paris, all of these (*rumored*) will have exact clones of the Frozen ride at Epcot with little-to-no changes, not to mention the two expansions are going to be pretty much identical.

But isn't that much more telling of TDO then anything to do with Disneyland and the rumored Tron coaster coming to DL TL? While I get what you're trying to say, they have been "more" (maybe not a lot, but more) careful with what they do at Disneyland itself then other parks.

Disneylover152

But isn't that much more telling of TDO then anything to do with Disneyland and the rumored Tron coaster coming to DL TL? While I get what you're trying to say, they have been "more" (maybe not a lot, but more) careful with what they do at Disneyland itself then other parks.

I don't think current Disney cares anymore. I think if they aren't going to build an identical clone of something, they're just gonna build something new.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Ha! It ain't confirmed in the least - it might not happen at all!
I'll agree it might not happen. But the way I read Martin's post, as vague, as he does with all his post, it wouldn't be a direct clone and would be modified for the area.

So confirmed as much as the project (whatever that project maybe, Tron or not) would be specific to DL TL.

What he specifically couldn't confirm was if the Shanghai Tron building would fit in DL TL because he hadn't checked. But that is where we the DL'ers come in and know that it can if they go underground. And since Subs is already underground that would be the perfect spot to put it.

mickEblu

Marni said his impression is that Tron for DL will be a self contained coaster. That sounds like a clone, not Troncket Rods. 😞

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom