Ex-Disney accountant alleges major accounting fraud in parks and resorts division

NateD1226

From the reporter who broke the story...

My signature is ready to updated.

giphy.gif

Chef Mickey

Blown up by a mere 250%. *gulp*

The golf thing somehow rang a bell: when we used free miniature golf included with our tickets they gave us a receipt for the full amount and I thought it was peculiar compared to the $0 receipts you get on the dining plan. It all makes sense now! :hilarious:

This is promising to be a fun week. It's only Monday!
How'd you get 250%?

Ojo4

Not buying the story until I hear something more, story hasn't even moved the needle for Wall Street, also no story on the front page of Fox Business or CNBC so as far as I'm concerned its a nonevent.

jt04

The whistle blower better have solid proof. Not judging this one either way. Might be true, might not. The number of lawyers Disney has makes it seem like a stretch. IMO.

Slpy3270

Original Poster
OK this has been a fun game, but we're entering Breitbart territory now. If this were even less than smoke, it would be on every news feed in America.

Accounting fraud can take an entire megacorp down. Of course people are freaking out, and they should be!

Especially if it's revealed other Disney units have been participating in this scheme as well.

skyphotographer

I learned many years ago when I studied the stock market that "Accounting Irregularities" can be a huge problem for publicly traded corporations. If true, this is a very real problem.

ImperfectPixie

Seems like a bunch of things are going on...at once...during the week of D23...
tenor.gif
We've got someone claiming that Disney manipulated social media to affect the career trajectories of certain individuals yesterday, an article about Disney being reported for fraudulently reporting revenue dropped today, and a forum user claiming to expect a bomb announcement at D23, and that there has also been money laundering in the parks budget. All during the week of AP previews of SW:GE at WDW after the lackluster opening at DL and less than a week prior to D23.

Stripes

Accounting fraud can take an entire megacorp down. Of course people are freaking out, and they should be!

Especially if it's revealed other Disney units have been participating in this scheme as well.
Whoa. Slow down there. We’re dealing with an allegation from a disgruntled former employee that alleges Disney inflated P&R revenue by billions of dollars. Uh huh, sure. Sure.

It is laughable.

RobbinsDad

I guess it's starting to trickle out now - still nothing on Reuters but several other new sites have reported it. Strange, I knew WDWMagic forums were awesome but I didn't imagine I'd get my breaking major corporation fraud news from here first.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom