News Expose reveals WDC control in online fan community

Sir_Cliff

Also
Hi to Bob and Bob who are watching!
So Bob Iger is spending his weekend reading Disney fan forums?

I guess money really is wasted on the rich.

I don’t think Bob Iger or Bob Chapek are paying attention but if you don’t think there is a social media/PR department in Orlando that checks in on us in 2019 to make recommendations, I think you are mistaken.

Meanwhile, I’ve seen this ad about 100 times tonight while refreshing this thread. UGLY
View attachment 399443
I'm sure someone does look over what is being said on social media for Disney, including here. I think, though, @MouseBrayden is spot on that it is the height of narcissism for "not spirit" to imagine that Iger or any of the top executives are spending his or her Sunday on this forum as though this blog post is some kind of crisis for the company.

Last edited:

photomatt

"Bob and Bob" couldn't give less of a crap about any of us or what we say. None of us are necessary for their bottom line, the absolute most impact we have is getting a story out before Disney officially announces it. If you genuinely believe Chapek is losing sleep a night because of what people say online I know a guy named Tom you might get along with on narcissistic personality disorder island.
I agree that the Bobs don't care what we say, but this isn't about us. It's about what Al Lutz says, and they do care about that. Al's article last week caused a massive spike in traffic on many Disney fan sites, not just MiceChat. Al's reach goes beyond fan sites; it extends well into mainstream media, and that has the ability to affect what the Bobs care about most - the price of Disney stock.

rudyjr13

So Bob Iger is spending his weekend reading Disney fan forums?

I guess money really is wasted on the rich.

I'm sure someone does look over what is being said on social media for Disney, including here. I think, though, @MouseBrayden is spot on that it is the height of narcissism for "not spirit" to imagine that Iger or any of the top executives are spending his or her Sunday on this forum as though this blog post is some kind of crisis for the company.

I think that all depends what kind of traction this gets outside of here. One thing Disney hates is bad press especially being lumped in with privacy and “fake news” concerns. That mid-day ticket thing last week didn’t come out because they wanted to let people save money who wanted to come to the parks after 12. I think something bigger is going on probably with attendance as it relates to Galaxy’s Edge opening in Disneyland and I wouldn’t be surprised if someone high up in parks gets fired this week or right after D23.

The fact is, this Star Wars nerd was not overly impressed with Galaxy’s Edge when taking a last minute surprise (through work) trip to Anaheim 8/6-8/10. Maybe it was that there was only 1 ride open or maybe the family was tired when we finally made it back there but it is definitely lacking in substance. Looks great...and maybe the 2nd ride will help but it needs a 3rd ride like Carsland’s Luigi or Mater rides.

MouseBrayden

I agree that the Bobs don't care what we say, but this isn't about us. It's about what Al Lutz says, and they do care about that. Al's article last week caused a massive spike in traffic on many Disney fan sites, not just MiceChat. Al's reach goes beyond fan sites; it extends well into mainstream media, and that has the ability to affect what the Bobs care about most - the price of Disney stock.
I agree Al is influential, I was mostly refuting HmmmmmmmmMMmmmmmm's delusions of grandeur that the CEO of a Fortune 100 company is reading his forum posts. 🤣

pwnbeaver

Nope. I'll out myself, I'm Michael Eisner watching my enemies fall. ;)

I hope somebody here is Michael Eisner. Despite the King Lear styled fall he has always been a hero and an inspiration to me. English degree owners need to stick together.

Anyways, as someone who rarely posts but has been around here and all the other forums since 2007, this is an awesome day. It feels like the culmination of all my wasted time perusing boards.

VJ

I hope somebody here is Michael Eisner. Despite the King Lear styled fall he has always been a hero and an inspiration to me. English degree owners need to stick together.

Anyways, as someone who rarely posts but has been around here and all the other forums since 2007, this is an awesome day. It feels like the culmination of all my wasted time perusing boards.
michael eisner has a twitter, go follow him (except not in real life cause that's known as stalking and is frowned upon in most jurisdictions)

Sir_Cliff

I think that all depends what kind of traction this gets outside of here. One thing Disney hates is bad press especially being lumped in with privacy and “fake news” concerns.
I can't imagine this is going to get much traction beyond Disney fans. Imagine trying to explain this scoop to your editor: "There's this guy named Al Lutz who used to post on this site called MiceAge, then this other person called TP2000 who posts on another site called wdwmagic, and it turns out..."

I'm sure the reporter would be very quickly ushered out of the room!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom