News Expose reveals WDC control in online fan community

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Actually where do they actually deny anything? The closest they come to denying is "nothing more than a rumor". That's not a passionate defense that there is no truth to the rumor.

Again, don't know the truth, but that was not a professional, thoughtful response to the situation IMO.
"nothing more than a rumor created out of bitter hostility from former MiceChatters" is as close to a denial as they can probably get.

doctornick

The story seems plausible to me. And really, wow. But why should I believe Gary Snyder is the question I have. Am I supposed to assume this article is not a fan manipulation itself?

I tend to believe the article but I also think Mr. Snyder has a huge agenda of his own. I think it is worth revisiting the previous article he did that got attention around here:

https://insightsandsounds.blogspot.com/2015/02/the-amazing-disappearing-article-disney.html

That article is very unfavorable towards Iger - i would argue and not even consistent with his performance at CEO - and also very insulting rather than being presented as objective.

Quinnmac000

The story seems plausible to me. And really, wow. But why should I believe Gary Snyder is the question I have. Am I supposed to assume this article is not a fan manipulation itself?

Gary is pretty well known. He got the Nintendoland plans and was the one who leaked them online regarding Universal and is somewhat close to Viacom/CBS Redstone family. So I wouldn't be surprised if he knows the inner workings on whats going with Disney.

trainplane3

Bob reading this thread/article:

Indy_UK

I have read all of this and still can't make any sense of it. I'm not too familiar with the old school execs.

So what is it? Disney plants people within the fan community to sway and direct conversation? So used it to finally outs Eisner? And Iger is responsible for this? Also doing it to direct any parks and resorts failures towards Chapek?

Stripes

Gary is pretty well known. He got the Nintendoland plans and was the one who leaked them online regarding Universal and is somewhat close to Viacom/CBS Redstone family. So I wouldn't be surprised if he knows the inner workings on whats going with Disney.
Somewhat? He is family. Gary Snyder is a cousin to Sumner Redstone.

There is clearly an agenda here.

EricsBiscuit

I just gotta say...this is the first article I've read in long time - about anything - that had me sitting here with my mouth open in awe. Pretty sure I said "oh my God" a few times as well. It was like that part at the end of a long movie when they edit rapid flashbacks to earlier scenes in order to reveal that the main character was actually the villain the whole time.

A plot twist for the ages, really.
I reread the part about TP and Al Lutz like 5 times.

homerdance

This wasn't how it was supposed to be. Like so many of us, I can't wait to see how DHS differs once its own Falcon ride opens in two weeks! Will having only six other rides in the park help or hinder? Are East Coast audiences that different from West Coast audiences? I can't wait to see what happens, especially if like Al Lutz says that Mr. Chapek should announce a new slate of Star Wars Land entertainment flooding the lands soon, if Mr. Chapek knows what's good for him and his career.

Found this interesting from a thread about GE

britain

Absolutely has an agenda (doesn't necessarily make his claims true or not). One thing that I found odd was his outing of George K. This certainly isn't a flattering portrayal of George and this guy was supposed to be his friend/confidante? Nice way to treat a friend. The timing of the events in the article resonate as that lunch at DCA would have been right before George was shipped back to Orlando.

George K has been out for a long time now.

Gringrinngghost

Are we really all surprised? I mean, are we? Look at the sway these companies have. Fast and the Furious and Fallon at Universal obtained during previews from the press abysmal reviews — then a press event happens and all the reviews go positive. Disney has been caught at “enter to win meet ups” of giving priority to press, and I called them out for that with Pandora. So it’s just another day. The story will last a day or two and then will be drowned out by D23 and Star Wars at DHS. Nobody will care, after D23, and that’s putting it mildly, since Disney is shoving themselves as a lifestyle down peoples throats. Look at the MCU, that’s not a franchise, that’s a lifestyle. To get the ‘whole story’ you have to dedicate over a month of your life to it. So again, Are we really all surprised? I mean, are we?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom