Predictions! Secret WDC Project — August 22 @ D23

brodie999

Was the rumor/rumblings of this being a company-wide rewards program debunked? That would be consumer-facing, but not just parks/resorts-related
I agree. @lentesta. I wonder what this consumer announcement will be. I bet it'll be a partnership or a deal with Universal since their announcements came on the same day. If it was a fifth gate, Disney should've just waited and let Universal have the spotlight for more than a few hours. It's like 2 studios announced something every day.

bartholomr4

I agree. @lentesta. I wonder what this consumer announcement will be. I bet it'll be a partnership or a deal with Universal since their announcements came on the same day. If it was a fifth gate, Disney should've just waited and let Universal have the spotlight for more than a few hours. It's like 2 studios announced something every day.

The timing has always been very interesting to me... Again, I so hope you are right!

the.dreamfinder

I think anywhere in New Jersey or Eastern PA would fit the bill for a NE park like you’re describing, it doesn’t need to be in the meadowlands. Between NYC and Phila metros as well as the smaller cities in between, you have around 30 million people within a 1-2 hour drive, plus the Boston and Washington metro areas just beyond.
If you want TDL or USJ level visitation, you would need existing connections to multiple forms of public mass transit.

Emm

I think it is an hour long legal disclaimer that any announcements for D23 can be cancelled at any time for any reason regardless of how much people want to say "but it was annou nced at D23, it has to happen"

JEANYLASER

my Predictions for D23 Secret WDC Project

1. New Monorail
2. Zootopia land to replace Dinoland USA
3. New World Showcase
4. New nightime parade for the 50th birthday of the Magic Kingdom
5. The Incredibles to replace RNR
6. Big Hero 6 to replace Stitch's Greatest Escape

This is my Prediction

ppete1975

There will **never** be another Disney park in the USA outside of the two resorts already here as it’s far cheaper to simply expand DL and WDW -AND- the result of a park in NE would be less demand for WDW among average everyday people (not the hyper fans found here).

Despite the hopes and wishes it makes zero business sense....
Never say never. I don’t see them doing it soon. But with global warming and earthquakes they might need a new park eventually

Eh,
I'll throw in a few predictions for fun (realistic or not)

1. Put me in the camp that leans towards them making some sort of announcement about a change in IP. It doesn't make sense for Uni to keep advertising Marvel for them essentially, and I could see with the Fox merger some swapping or deal making going on.
2. Details about the 100th events. Perhaps this is where some employee rewards come in (recognizing contributions from employees throughout different branches of the co??)
3. Iger announces how he's going to transition or bring in his successor?
4. Some sort of use for the black box tech
5. Some sort of eco friendly initiative.

Things I'd *like* to see, but doubt are this particular "secret" or some that definitely aren't even necessarily realistic at this time
1. A revamp of Imagination!
2. Retheming of dinoland (Zootopia or Indy are actually fine with me if done well)
3. New monorails announcement
4. A fifth gate (probably should put that as wish #1)
5. If we really want to go all out in wish land, some way they bring back Horizons. (black box stuff again, perhaps?)
6. Something Narnia? Didn't that come with Fox?

brodie999

If global warming makes Orlando uninhabitable (elevation 112 feet) then the world will have far far more pressing issues than satisfying demand for Disney. We are talking global apocalypse with that kind of flooding.

As for earthquakes, the biggest one out there... the so called “big one” is about an 8. That’s enough to do damage but not enough to destroy DL Resort. Most of the resort would be undamaged (especially the newest parts).

Few realize that the biggest natural threat to DL Resort isn’t earthquakes. It’s flooding. DL resort sits in/adjacent to a flood zone...
Yeah, that's why people are trying to reduce fossil fuels and climate change, so the planet can live. We don't want to see all the ice and polar bears gone in 30 years time.

MotherOfBirds

There will **never** be another Disney park in the USA outside of the two resorts already here as it’s far cheaper to simply expand DL and WDW -AND- the result of a park in NE would be less demand for WDW among average everyday people (not the hyper fans found here).

Despite the hopes and wishes it makes zero business sense....
Yeah, I feel like the Disney's America fiasco was enough of a lesson for them

brodie999

Why -- what have polar bears ever done for you?
Nothing. I know they're wild animals, but NASA is trying to figure out how to prevent global warming from causing the extinction of the species. They're part of the Atlantic. They're too endangered to die off.

brodie999

Not to get too off topic but the Polar Bears are already doomed. What most people (still) seem to not realize is that Miami and all of South Florida is pretty much doomed, too, and way sooner than anyone seems to realize.
Yeah, but scientists are coming up with ways to stop that from happening. The chances of their survival might be much better than you think. It doesn't matter how much people think they're doomed and you want them gone. These animals need to be saved. https://www.nbcnews.com/mach/science/scientists-hatch-bold-plan-save-polar-bears-ncna851356

brodie999

The Secret project is what it says it is. The Walt Disney Company is working on better ways to keep their secrets secret.
Yeah, like keeping the title of Avengers: Endgame secret until 5 months before its release. The secret project is more well-guarded than it ever was even the best insiders can't think what it is.

DCLcruiser

The Secret project is what it says it is. The Walt Disney Company is working on better ways to keep their secrets secret.
Isn't it odd that none of the "insiders" have leaked the Secret? ...unless it is Lighthouse Point.

the secret project is no doubt John Carter 2 ;)
Sorry, I liked the movie and thought it didn't get the credit it deserved. Bad marketing and a worse title.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom