Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2019

matt9112

I know I'm anti-Halloween so I'm biased but starting 3 months early is crazy. Christmas at WDW doesn't even last this long.

To be fair christmas cant last this long due to haloween being in the way. But there pretty close. They could always push christmas out further but not sure what the level of appeal is after the actual hiliday has ended.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
I had such high expectations for this new fireworks show. The projections are a crutch for lack luster story and soundtrack, and even they fall flat about one third in. The pyros were good not great, I just don’t care for the long gaps between story transitions.

Crazydisneyfanluke

I had such high expectations for this new fireworks show. The projections are a crutch for lack luster story and soundtrack, and even they fall flat about one third in. The pyros were good not great, I just don’t care for the long gaps between story transitions.
The transitions are really bad. At one point it just flashes over to the next scene.

DisneyYorkian74

I feel your pain, for me Christmas shows up in stores way too early. Disney by virtue of having the Halloween parties which can't by definition end before October 31 is the ONLY place you can go without being bombarded by Christmas before November. I found Christmas decorations in Target in September last year. Halloween is the only thing holding the line that keeps the Christmas season from starting in July. Unfortunately, there's no major holiday between Halloween and the 4th of July, so there's nothing to stop an early Halloween.

It’s a big pet peeve of mine when people single out Christmas as if it’s the only holiday that gets exploited months early...

In reality, Christmas stuff is out the same amount of time as any other holiday, or if anything, a bit less.

Valentine’s Day stuff will show up in stores before Christmas Day. Easter stuff will show up immediately after, then Patriotic/Summer, and now Halloween shows up in July/August. Each Holiday/Season lasting 2-3 months.

Most big box stores like Target/Wal Mart and Party City (a store that makes most of its sales/profits during Halloween) hold off until early September for Halloween.

BTW: I’d really like to know which Target you saw Christmas stuff in September?!?! For years I’ve looked in Target for Christmas things to browse in October and there was literally nothing (outside of some Christmas scented candles) until first week of November.

KikoKea

My biggest critique falls back to what is the star of the show, projections or pyros? Pick one, when they both compete for attention, they both loose.

And unless you’re facing the castle you get a jumbled mess.
We often watch the castle shows and fireworks from over near TL, across the bridge. Should we move closer to the hub this time?

ImperfectPixie

It’s a big pet peeve of mine when people single out Christmas as if it’s the only holiday that gets exploited months early...

In reality, Christmas stuff is out the same amount of time as any other holiday, or if anything, a bit less.

Valentine’s Day stuff will show up in stores before Christmas Day. Easter stuff will show up immediately after, then Patriotic/Summer, and now Halloween shows up in July/August. Each Holiday/Season lasting 2-3 months.

Most big box stores like Target/Wal Mart and Party City (a store that makes most of its sales/profits during Halloween) hold off until early September for Halloween.

BTW: I’d really like to know which Target you saw Christmas stuff in September?!?! For years I’ve looked in Target for Christmas things to browse in October and there was literally nothing (outside of some Christmas scented candles) until first week of November.
It's not just the holidays either, seasonal stuff gets rotated out WAY too quickly at retail stores...to the point where you have to shop for it a season early. Disney takes the Halloween thing to ridiculous levels though. The parties shouldn't start before September.

I realize they want to capitalize on the parties, but by starting them in August, letting so many people in per party, and adding more parties every year, they're taking away a bunch of what makes it special.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I guess maybe it was meant to be a 18 minute show like HEA but got cut down to 12 mins, maybe that also explains the big amount of pyro that was used.
Wonder how long before they budget cut some of the fireworks...

What's your deal here?

The new Halloween fireworks show is a minute longer than the old.

They didn't cut back on HEA, so why are you sure that they'll cut back on this.

You're just making stuff up at this point in order to be critical in some way.

Disneylover152

The shows story is the worst part for me. The fireworks & projections are really good, yet both are too much trying to be the star of the show. The projections need to complement the fireworks like in HEA or the fireworks need to complement the projections like OUAT. Not this weird mix where they’re both fighting to be the star. The songs are weird as a lot of them aren’t Halloween songs and the story is weird as the individual parts don’t flow together. It’s a mix of Nightmare, Villains, Trick or Treating and Spooky Halloween stuff. It’s just too much going on. Stick with one or even two or those and the show would be good. Also while I love the idea of a story driven show, it just doesn’t work. It’s hard to see the projections unless your directly in front of the castle, and therefore 75% of the audience doesn’t get the full story. Needs work. It’s just ok. They honestly should have added projections & effects, maybe even new scenes, to Hallowishes. This was just a mess.

dreamfinder912

I think Christmas gets hit with the blame because unlike the other holidays the music also butts in waaaay too early. So if you're a Retail Veteran like myself Christmas music makes me cringe..hearing it in October makes me REEEEALLY cringe. And it was the Target in Winter Garden. They had like giftwrap and stockings in and I'm like uh excuse YOU, wait your TURN. And I always think it's so funny that Patriotic stuff rolls in for Memorial Day and just stays the ENTIRE SUMMER...but doesn't come back for veterans day.

dreamfinder912

My biggest quip with the fireworks show is them including very "happy" Disney songs in it. Like why are they playing someday my prince will come in a halloween show? They made this show way too child-ish.

Thank you for articulating that! The skeletons dancing to step in time, the "ghostly" version of princess music...abysmal. Disney soundtracks are always so good they really dropped the ball on this one.

Squishy

What's your deal here?

The new Halloween fireworks show is a minute longer than the old.

They didn't cut back on HEA, so why are you sure that they'll cut back on this.

You're just making stuff up at this point in order to be critical in some way.
Cause it does look like they used more pyro than HEA but that could be cause it's a shorter show ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom