Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2019

jrhwdw

HalloWishes was more of a "fuller" presentation. This not-so-spooky spooktacular or whatever it is feels like it was a bigger and grander show that was cut down.

Not a fan, especially compared to Happily Ever After.
How could it be cut down??? It just debuted!!!!! I LOVED IT!!!! A lighter feel than Hallowishes Which is what I wanted since it's called Not So Spooky. LOVED the Main Street lighting!!! That should be in HEA tomorrow! I'm guessing no but, it's better than just a dark Main Street. I think MK's pyro team has gotten better since HEA!!!!!!

LOVED the new additions to BTY!

Squishy

My first thought after the show ended was "....that was it?" It felt like a small chunk of a bigger and longer show instead of a complete piece by itself.
I guess maybe it was meant to be a 18 minute show like HEA but got cut down to 12 mins, maybe that also explains the big amount of pyro that was used.

Crazydisneyfanluke

My first thought after the show ended was "....that was it?" It felt like a small chunk of a bigger and longer show instead of a complete piece by itself.
I agree. Music was loud and busy. It seemed very rushed. It was 5 songs and done.

Hallowishes > what ever that firework show was

The only good part was the projections and Jack skellington puppet.

Last edited:

gerarar

Premium Member

Seeing the perimeter fireworks and pyro in this just make me wish even more what HEA could've been if it went through its original ambitions/plans to have perimeter fireworks nightly.. 😭

That being said, I thought the show was pretty cool. But it felt like they placed story over pace and rhythm here. Still very much an upgrade overall imo tho..

iMax

To be honest, I rather have taken an upgraded Hallowishes with HEA technology than this show. The puppet and projections/lasers were great, but the rest was pretty bland, EVEN THE PERIMETER FIEWORKS!! They really missed the opportunity to have Zero fly in this show, also that ghost scene shouldn't be a thing.

Last edited:

muddyrivers

Anyone else think Jafar and the float driver/skeleton guy next to him look awkward/out of place? I think he needs some dialog in the track.

And it is new, @jpeden. Very cool and fun for that CM to ride I'm sure

dreamfinder912

I know I'm anti-Halloween so I'm biased but starting 3 months early is crazy. Christmas at WDW doesn't even last this long.

I feel your pain, for me Christmas shows up in stores way too early. Disney by virtue of having the Halloween parties which can't by definition end before October 31 is the ONLY place you can go without being bombarded by Christmas before November. I found Christmas decorations in Target in September last year. Halloween is the only thing holding the line that keeps the Christmas season from starting in July. Unfortunately, there's no major holiday between Halloween and the 4th of July, so there's nothing to stop an early Halloween.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom