Hilarious Galaxy’s Edge Retheme Rumor

Rich T

Original Poster
From a Youtube SW fan channel: If GE is still underperforming by February 2020, Disney is going to retheme the land to Aladdin. 😄

Boy, as much as I’d love that to be true... this just serves as a shining example of Youtube at its silliest. The host just picked various comments from various sources claiming to have insider info along the lines of “my friend’s mom has a friend whose daughter works at Disneyland and she says she heard from a co-worker...”

All to “prove” his view that Disney’s mishandling SW. And while I agree with *that*, he lost me the moment he referred to GE as a park.

Anyone heard any other wild forecasts?

Phroobar

They should have rethemed it to Star Crash to begin with. This Star Trek thing just isn't working. Everything is better with The Hoff.

ep43-starcrash.jpg

MV5BY2RmMTM5YmMtNzY0Ni00NjdkLWJkODEtZTc1NzNkMjQ0NDczXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUyNDk2ODc@._V1_.jpg

TROR

There’s an actual rumor that if less than expected crowds continue and Ep. 9 underperforms then they’re going to spin it away from sequel trilogy and instead just theme towards “general Star Wars”
Honestly what it always should’ve been. The Rise of the Skywalker won’t underperform (I’ll be shocked if it doesn’t), but I think they’ll go this route eventually.

Phroobar

Or Battle Beyond the Stars! :D
Battle beyond the Stars was just a remake of the Magnificent Seven in Space.
Star Crash is highly recommended especially the MST3K version.

Now if you want a total Star Wars ripeoff. See Dünyayı Kurtaran Adam (Turkish Star Wars). It's like Star Wars meets Bruce Lee. They even wholesale steal special effects from Star Wars.

SSG

What I think will happen is eventually (could be years) Disney will reboot Star Wars. New actors as Luke, Han, Leia and the rest in their continuing adventures. And a re-theme of GE to those characters.

TROR

What I think will happen is eventually (could be years) Disney will reboot Star Wars. New actors as Luke, Han, Leia and the rest in their continuing adventures. And a re-theme of GE to those characters.
Same likelihood as a remake of Wizard of Oz or Gone with the Wind.

Phroobar

That's after they remake the prequels in live action.

With new CG techniques, they could make Hayden Christensen's acting more life like.

Last edited:

Tank Man

From a Youtube SW fan channel: If GE is still underperforming by February 2020, Disney is going to retheme the land to Aladdin. 😄

Boy, as much as I’d love that to be true... this just serves as a shining example of Youtube at its silliest. The host just picked various comments from various sources claiming to have insider info along the lines of “my friend’s mom has a friend whose daughter works at Disneyland and she says she heard from a co-worker...”

All to “prove” his view that Disney’s mishandling SW. And while I agree with *that*, he lost me the moment he referred to GE as a park.

Anyone heard any other wild forecasts?
I heard the same thing, not gonna happen and yes it is stupid.

DrAlice

How about a retheme to this?

(Good luck getting the theme song out of your heads now, 80s kids. You're welcome. :D)

EDIT: oops.... shout out to @Phrubruh. BELEIVE IT OR NOT, I didn't see that you already referenced this. ;)

BasiltheBatLord

That would be even worse than the sequel trilogy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom