Rumor Lighthouse Point Resort to be announced at D23

Walrus from Paris

Original Poster
Hello again! To clear some things up from the other threads (and for further discussion), the secret D23 announcement is in fact related to Lighthouse Point and the announcement of the Aulani-style resort.

"You've always wanted to stay at Castaway Cay, well now you can!" will be a running joke during the presentation.

I really want to leak the transcript, but what's the fun in that? You can wait a week!

Cmdr_Crimson

"You've always wanted to stay at Castaway Cay, well now you can!" will be a running joke during the presentation.
Again, Like I had posted twice...
giphy.gif

britain

Hello again! To clear some things up from the other threads (and for further discussion), the secret D23 announcement is in fact related to Lighthouse Point and the announcement of the Aulani-style resort.

I really want to leak the transcript, but what's the fun in that? You can wait a week!

When you say... "related"... are you leaving open the possibility that the hour-long presentation could be about unique developments outside of the parks in general? Like Lighthouse Point is among other DVC + regional entertainment projects?

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I'm confused. Is this going to be a resort at WDW, or a resort in the Bahamas, and if so, why is it in the WDW News section?
Because there was lots of hopeful speculation that this secret project was WDW-centric.

@The Walrus post clears up that misconception. Why bury the information in a different forum section and allow speculation to continue?

I have no interest in a Bahamas resort, so now I can quit following the other thread until the actual announcement on 8/22. I’m actually grateful for the heads up.

pdude81

I couldn't help but notice you didn't answer the question, and instead called me "forum police", when there is still a chance that this does indeed belong in this section.

It's hard to have a dedicated sub-forum for something that has not been announced yet and doesn't exist. So given that this is the area where just about all speculation and rumors are discussed, it fits here as well as anywhere.

Walrus from Paris

Original Poster
It's hard to have a dedicated sub-forum for something that has not been announced yet and doesn't exist. So given that this is the area where just about all speculation and rumors are discussed, it fits here as well as anywhere.
The difference is this DOES exist.;)

I don’t know why anyone assumed it would solely discuss WDW.

Nevertheless, look to the company’s 100th (alongside Universal’s competition) for more expansion.

Talk to me in a week.

pdude81

Nevertheless, look to the company’s 100th (alongside Universal’s competition) for more expansion.

Talk to me in a week.

Ok, doesn't exist "yet"

Ravenclaw78

Talk to me in a week.

I'm not going to be the forum police and say this should be in the DVC or DCL subforums, but the somewhat inaccurate title of the News and Rumors subforum is actually "WDW Parks News, Rumors and Current Events".

pdude81

I'm not going to be the forum police and say this should be in the DVC or DCL subforums, but the somewhat inaccurate title of the News and Rumors subforum is actually "WDW Parks News, Rumors and Current Events".

This might not be the right forum to post this, but:

doctornick

This totally would fit in for the "secret" presentation. Lighthouse Point has not been officially announced and it, along with other DCL information like the ship names or details or new destinations, could easily take up an hour presentation without having to eat into the Parks & Resorts presentation and letting that focus on (hopefully) lots of parks stuff.

I'm curious as to the target audience for this resort - will it be a DVC, vacation packages (i.e. all inclusive), just regular hotel, or some mixture of this stuff? I also wonder - I brought this up in another thread - if there will be some airport enhancements to support more flights to the island because otherwise that could be a real limitation to how well it functions.

britain

Celebrating Walt's 100th birthday was a big deal. WDW's 50th should be a very big deal. The 100th birthday of the corporation? Give a little speech, have a commemorative T-shirt, then back to business as usual.

I see no reason why we should expect a 5th park or something like that from this particular anniversary.

chrisirmo

Are they also announcing a new airline and airport? Or a ferry service?

Currently it looks like Eleuthera has a tiny little airport with once-a-day service from Nassau. Or you could opt for a 9-hour ferry ride.

Neither of those would serve the needs of an Aulani-sized resort.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom