New Mid-Day Ticket Option

Brooklin Disney Dad

I may be in the minority but this is a good idea. $79 to get at least 6 hours in the park even if they close the park early is a good deal I think. Unfortunately, this will be another cause for the parks to be MOBBED
I see 2 days/wk where park closes early...maybe it varies in September and beyond. But so do crowd levels. Not a bad option for those going in the fall. Especially since the afternoons will begin to cool off a bit. Makes the park doable in the afternoon. I wouldn’t buy one for August. My kids would not enjoy the heat, not to mention the Florida midday t storms.

Rider

This just sounds like discounting by any other name...

They don't want to admit that people are not buying as many tickets at the day rate so they can't just cut the price. But what if we offered a half-day ticket at a lower rate?! Delightfully Devilish, Iger. More guests in the park and we don't need to get more bad press about slow attendance.

JohnD

Very Interesting, but I guess they will be offering a new ticket option that allows you to enter the park no earlier than 12PM. I'm trying to get more details but a strange option.

2 Day Ticket - $88 per Day
3 Day Ticket - $84 per Day
4 Day Ticket - $79 per Day

This offer is for start dates before December 15, 2019 and can start as of today. So this looks like a pilot or just another way to fill in the gaps in Fall before the holiday.

I like this. If you're not an AP, you don't have to spend money on a full day, particularly on arrival day. I understand comparing against a multi-day ticket package, however, to see if you come out ahead.

John park hopper

Orlando park deals has a 2 day ticket price for 239 Disney (full day) Disney will charge you 88 dollars per half day which equates to 176 full day or $352 for 2 days. Doesn't seem like such a deal to me.

Last edited:

John park hopper

Why don’t they just charge per ride? They could even make some rides more expensive than others, maybe like on a scale of 1-5. Or use letters, like A-E. Then they could sell books of various tickets.
When WDW MK opened in 1971 that is exactly what they did you bought tickets based on the ride classification that's where the E ticket attraction (best ride) came from

Last edited:

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Hey. Just thought of something. If I'm going to "enjoy" the parks at a discounted rate because I opt for a later admission time - I shouldn't be charged "full price" for parking. I mean I am going to be taking up a parking spot for 3 hours less than those rich folk who are paying full fare.

I'd consider it fair that for this offer - I also be afforded a $2.50 reduction in parking. While we're at it - how about a special "resort" rate - so you can move some of those empty rooms. Say I only wan't to be in the room from 9pm til 9am. How 'bout half off for that?

matt9112

I think I mentioned several weeks ago they had this planned. It's a very wise decision for them, and a great way to make the parks more affordable. I'd like to see that price come down 5% more though. Good families of all economic backgrounds should be able to afford to enter the gate with their children; that was Walt's dream and it's the right dream. If it results in your parks being full, expand.

Well we know crowding isnt a concern of theres. I assure you walts dream isnt either.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
My lack of sleep limits me to this response: Wow.

Who's going to break down this ticket and a regular ticket into per-hour rates, depending on the number of hours available in the park?

Ravenclaw78

My lack of sleep limits me to this response: Wow.

Who's going to break down this ticket and a regular ticket into per-hour rates, depending on the number of hours available in the park?

Does it matter whether the per-hour price of a regular and mid-day ticket are the same? If you know you're not going to be in the parks before noon on at least two days (say, arrival day and the day following an MNSSHP night) and you don't have an AP, even a 1$ discount on tickets for those two days would by definition be a better deal than paying for a full-day ticket. It's obviously not meant for guests who would be rope-dropping on those days if they'd bought full-day tickets.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I see 2 days/wk where park closes early...maybe it varies in September and beyond. But so do crowd levels. Not a bad option for those going in the fall. Especially since the afternoons will begin to cool off a bit. Makes the park doable in the afternoon. I wouldn’t buy one for August. My kids would not enjoy the heat, not to mention the Florida midday t storms.
The Mom's Panel is already all full up.

jrogue

"We don't believe we have a pricing issue at our domestic parks" - *then makes a weird pricing option to combat high pricing and low attendance at the parks* :hilarious:

Not gonna lie this ticket intrigued me for like a second -- but I think the discount would have to be more for me to actually use it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom