Recommendations please!

Ford Prefect

Original Poster
So many of the posts or videos I see are all about the desserts. Now I am not a fan of desserts and I look at these brightly coloured confections and almost feel my teeth itch at all the colourings and sugars! They just look horrible.

So, please recommend best savoury starters or snacks please.

Also, if on the DDP, can desserts be swapped for starters?

Thank you!

Club Cooloholic

So many of the posts or videos I see are all about the desserts. Now I am not a fan of desserts and I look at these brightly coloured confections and almost feel my teeth itch at all the colourings and sugars! They just look horrible.

Thank you!
You can always get a pretzel or popcorn. To be clear, you will not be using snack credits at any sit downs. And no, unfortunately you cannot trade in a dessert for an appetizer. I just wish they would allow it traded in for a side salad or cup of soup!

Ford Prefect

Original Poster
You can always get a pretzel or popcorn. To be clear, you will not be using snack credits at any sit downs. And no, unfortunately you cannot trade in a dessert for an appetizer. I just wish they would allow it traded in for a side salad or cup of soup!
Thank you😀 Hmm, pretzel! Anything else? Thank you for clarifying re the snack credits. I did mean the table service credits but I wish you could swap for salad or soup.

Club Cooloholic

Thank you😀 Hmm, pretzel! Anything else? Thank you for clarifying re the snack credits. I did mean the table service credits but I wish you could swap for salad or soup.
Just look around at the QS stands. If there is a snack credit symbol next to it you are good. Sometimes things like fries will be there. You can get a small bag of chips etc. Also remember you can use them in stores too, we often bring home some bags of Goofy Candy that we use snack creds on.

JIMINYCR

Disney does have a lot of great snacks that are around the parks. Some in shops, some in carts found along the way. My favorites vary. There are cinnamon glazed almonds, frozen chocolate bananas, churros, mango creme bar, cinnamon roll, carrot cake cookie.... the choices are endless. The problem is, what do you choose over the others because you want them all.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member

Thank you!
One of the best I've had on property was at the Poly's Kona Cafe -- the octopus salad. Sounds awful. Tastes yummy. Another was at the Skipper Canteen -- the shrimp in a cup. It's off menu, so you have to ask for it.

Last edited:

yedliW

I don't know if it is a regular thing or not, but I was able to exchange my desert for a salad at The Wave a few years ago.

Zé_Carioca

If you go during an Epcot festival, many of the savory food items at the festival booths are snack credits and if you like coffee, I heard drinks at Starbucks (there is one in each park) are snack credits. That is on top of your traditional savory snacks like chips and pretzels, or even fruits!

Disney Food Blog has a bunch of videos on Disney snacks on YouTube and there may be one with a specific focus on savory treats. I’ve gotten great ideas there, and I always have a list longer than I am able to try!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom