News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

note2001

Hell no. I’m sure they have no intention of building a fifth gate. But they no longer think the market is too mature to see returns on investments in their existing four. And regardless, all four make far more money every year than what is spent on them. So my point is, neither reason I quoted is accurate nor applies to why they wouldn’t build a fifth gate.
All they have to do is proclaim TL and BB as 5th and 6th gates, taking a page out of another company's book. 🤣

Unplugged

All they have to do is proclaim TL and BB as 5th and 6th gates, taking a page out of another company's book. 🤣
They might as well. We all pay admission and they are separate parks. Of course, if they do, Park hopper would now apply and we could save a few bucks on package deals. Unless you are only hitting a water park, then the seasonal $110+ per day would take effect and we'd all be... well... keeping it friendly... hosed.

note2001

Disney has claimed sixth gates in certain markets, notably the U.K., well before Universal claimed Volcano Bay as their third park.
I was unaware they were doing this. Well, if they're planning on being here for a month as many UK folk do, it makes sense to make it seem like there's an endless supply of entertainment (which there is, even with 4 gates).

Spash007

Just saw on Blog Mickey that the construction walls now encompass the fountain up front as well, and look to head all the way to where the other tombstones use to lay. This makes sense given the other sides' removal first giving a wide open area, and the new RD procedure, but I'm pleasantly surprised just how much they are handling in this phase.

SirWillow

From just before the construction walls went up in the above post, they had half of the markers removed when we were there about a week and a half ago:

Attachments

• DSC_0533.JPG
    DSC_0533.JPG
    193 KB · Views: 181
  • DSC_0538.JPG
    DSC_0538.JPG
    168.5 KB · Views: 174

Tom P.

I have no doubt in Disney’s ability to inefficiently spend money. After Guardians, Ratatouille, the nighttime show, a refurb or two, and an overall park redesign, I imagine all they’ll have left is a few dollars for lunch. What I listed is certainly a great amount of stuff, no doubt. But for the money being spent there should be more, and I don’t know that there’ll be as much as some seem to anticipate. Alas that’s nothing new.

Because those hungry mouths are also incredibly profitable. What they make outweighs what they spend on any domestic park.

It was a view that even its strongest supporters, including Bob Iger, have realized they were wrong on.
The core issue with building a fifth park is, I believe, whether or not it causes guests to extend their stays at Walt Disney World by at least another day. If they build a new park and guests visit it instead of one of the existing parks, but their overall time at WDW remains the same, it's not a net benefit to Disney. They need to have people there longer buying extra ticket days, more merchandise, longer resort stays, etc.

I believe it's been referenced around here multiple times that Disney's experience and research shows that they are already at the magic one week time frame that works with most Americans' vacations. They have concluded that adding a fifth park is not going to result in enough people staying more days to make it worthwhile.

No Name

The core issue with building a fifth park is, I believe, whether or not it causes guests to extend their stays at Walt Disney World by at least another day. If they build a new park and guests visit it instead of one of the existing parks, but their overall time at WDW remains the same, it's not a net benefit to Disney. They need to have people there longer buying extra ticket days, more merchandise, longer resort stays, etc.

I believe it's been referenced around here multiple times that Disney's experience and research shows that they are already at the magic one week time frame that works with most Americans' vacations. They have concluded that adding a fifth park is not going to result in enough people staying more days to make it worthwhile.

That is exactly the core issue, but it’s also important to note that Bob Iger thought DAK (four parks) was too much for a long time, citing people shifting their vacation days from other parks to DAK resulting in only a 2 million bump in overall resort attendance DAK’s opening year. However, that has since leveled out quite nicely, and there’s no longer numbers to support any idea that four is too many.

So just like Bob Iger unfortunately wouldn’t have had a fourth park built if he were in charge back then, he isn’t having a fifth built. I don’t think we can know if that’s the right decision or not unless it happens.

nickys

Premium Member
I’m trying to follow what’s happening here, like where the other walls are and so on. But I’m struggling beyond the monoliths. :inlove:

Can someone draw it on a map for me, please? It would help me get things straight in my mind!

trainplane3

ImperfectPixie

nickys

Premium Member
This help? Should be mostly accurate.
E8uZdbV.png

Thanks. Any chance of annotating it?

Someone also mentioned that they’d moved the rope drop entrance, and closed off the “original entrance”? I don’t even know where the original entrance is on there, thinking maybe that’s the path from the trams to the west of the monorail? Or not!

And where’s the wall around Communicore? Or isn’t it up yet?

See, I really am confused now as to what is coming down and what’s being remodelled. West is coming down I think, which is where the IP (Moana) water feature is going? Does that mean both of the buildings in the west?

I think what I really need is that drawing which someone did with all the pavilions labelled and the new “beer garden” bit, overlaid with your map showing the areas marked that are actually now “underway”. Not too much to ask, at all. :cautious::cautious:

As you can tell, I’m failing miserably right now to visualise this altogether, despite your best efforts. Which are much appreciated!

trainplane3

Thanks. Any chance of annotating it?

Someone also mentioned that they’d moved the rope drop entrance, and closed off the “original entrance”? I don’t even know where the original entrance is on there, thinking maybe that’s the path from the trams to the west of the monorail? Or not!

And where’s the wall around Communicore? Or isn’t it up yet?

See, I really am confused now as to what is coming down and what’s being remodelled. West is coming down I think, which is where the IP (Moana) water feature is going? Does that mean both of the buildings in the west?

I think what I really need is that drawing which someone did with all the pavilions labelled and the new “beer garden” bit, overlaid with your map showing the areas marked that are actually now “underway”. Not too much to ask, at all. :cautious::cautious:

As you can tell, I’m failing miserably right now to visualise this altogether, despite your best efforts. Which are much appreciated!
- Rope drop is now right next to SSE's queue. I believe it used to be right next to the fountain but due to the rocks leaving, they pushed it up so there wouldn't be as much of a "funnel" effect for the opening rush.
- The wall by CC West is right next to the Seas:

future-world-construction-epcot-08082019-8-1024x682.jpg

future-world-construction-epcot-08082019-7-1024x682.jpg

- CC West is dead. It's all coming down. Art store, Starbucks, Club Cool.
- The water path will *apparently* cut through from where the art store is at directly to the Seas.

I don't mind helping when the person asking is being nice about it!

I think @MisterPenguin has a diagram of the booze zone for the middle of FW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom