Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Surferboy567

Lots more times have been dropped overnight for Oga’s. And you can now book 180 days ahead.

Worth checking again if you were unlucky yesterday.

Thanks to you got a Rez for Oga’s on January 19th...however when I tried to book for droid depot got the same “something went wrong” error.

phi2134

This should be turned into the " I got a reservation!" Thread. Four pages of something worse than the big blue box conversation.

Ravenclaw78

Tried looking online for reservations to Oga's and couldn't find anything, so I called in. Spent an hour waiting to find out there isn't a single available slot from Oct. 30th-Nov. 9th. I find that just a bit ridiculous.

Chances are that many people who reserved slots today will eventually cancel. When WDW guests see a mad rush for something, they book it too just in case they decide to do it, because otherwise they have no choice but to skip it. Be patient and keep checking.

Chet Dakota

Chances are that many people who reserved slots today will eventually cancel. When WDW guests see a mad rush for something, they book it too just in case they decide to do it, because otherwise they have no choice but to skip it. Be patient and keep checking.
Yes, got all the reservations I needed this morning for the trips in September and January. Good to go!

ToTBellHop

Went to the land yesterday this is going to be unbiased since I have never been a Star Wars fan the land is nice imo lots of detail,I really liked MF went on it two times frist time we crashed second time we did not ,I did notice that both times we exited the ride it was a diffeant location ,I really can not wait for RotR to open that I am really looking forward to.Now I feel that land itself is great but I think it needs another attraction ride or show jmo.I feel it does have the space a TS restaurant would be nice too.

As far as MF being an E ticket or not I think it is

Steph15251

Try this again,went to the land yesterday liked it but I feel it needs more.I liked MF went on it two times,noticed with both times we exited a diffeant location.

ToTBellHop

Don't pay attention to stuff like that. ;)
As a college professor, I actually NEED folks to pay attention to such trivial things as punctuation, grammar, and syntax. And on an internet message board, where everything is text-based, it is similarly important.

Not paying attention to such things results in high school graduates who cannot read, write, or do arithmetic at even a fifth grade level.

ImperfectPixie

As a college professor, I actually NEED folks to pay attention to such trivial things as punctuation, grammar, and syntax. And on an internet message board, where everything is text-based, it is similarly important.
As an English major and educator, I agree completely. But there are kinder ways of correcting people...I don't like to see people scared away from participating by memes that may be meant to be humorous, but tend to come off as picking on people. Trust me, I drive my family up the wall with my inner grammar tyrant, but I try to keep it reined in and be a little more forgiving in texting/messaging, on FB, and in forums.

ToTBellHop

As an English major and educator, I agree completely. But there are kinder ways of correcting people...I don't like to see people scared away from participating by memes that may be meant to be humorous, but tend to come off as picking on people. Trust me, I drive my family up the wall with my inner grammar tyrant, but I try to keep it reined in and be a little more forgiving in texting/messaging, on FB, and in forums.
I’m done being nice to people. I’ve been in America in 2019 for too long, I think. My patience has reached its end.

CinematicFusion

One side of the coin...

Star Wars Is Struggling to Win Over the Next Generation of Kids

Bloomberg article

It’s hard to say this, as someone who grew up pretending to be Han Solo battling Darth Vader and his stormtroopers to rescue Princess Leia. But it must be said: Kids might not be into Star Wars anymore.
Walt Disney Co.’s underwhelming theme-park attendance last quarter was the latest sign that the intergalactic saga isn’t resonating for younger generations raised on Iron Man and Fortnite. Chief Executive Officer Bob Iger was so sure fans would be blasting through the door that he had instituted a reservation system for visitors to enter Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, the new attraction at Disneyland. It turned out not to be necessary.”

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

Star Wars Is Struggling to Win Over the Next Generation of Kids

Bloomberg article

It’s hard to say this, as someone who grew up pretending to be Han Solo battling Darth Vader and his stormtroopers to rescue Princess Leia. But it must be said: Kids might not be into Star Wars anymore.
Walt Disney Co.’s underwhelming theme-park attendance last quarter was the latest sign that the intergalactic saga isn’t resonating for younger generations raised on Iron Man and Fortnite. Chief Executive Officer Bob Iger was so sure fans would be blasting through the door that he had instituted a reservation system for visitors to enter Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, the new attraction at Disneyland. It turned out not to be necessary.”
I think that’s quite the mental leap.

Piebald

Last night couldn't find any reservations. Even checked random weekdays I knew I couldn't go. Finally checked again today and got one for 9/15. Looks like a lot of people are able to get them today vs none yesterday.

mdcpr

Not paying attention to such things results in high school graduates who cannot read, write, or do arithmetic at even a fifth grade level.
True, but there is a such a thing as learning disabilities that can impair proper use of punctuation, grammar and syntax. Also, those whose English is not their first language. Those who type very fast and just want to deliver a message can skip letters and still get their point across. Or those whose education is different and are simply trying to be heard. What's important to you, might be unattainable to others.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom