What resort do you think you'll never stay at?

Hcalvert

Any of the Values.

I've stayed at:
Fort Wilderness Cabins - Tons of room and no hallway noise :)
Port Orleans Riverside - Way too sprawling. I wasn't a fan of doing a .4 mile round trip for a beverage. Loved the pool.
Coronado Springs - We lucked out and had a decent location, but also way too large. Loved the pool.
Grand Floridian - Had a CM discount from a friend and stayed here twice. Became addicted to the monorail. Bit too stuffy for my tastes
The Dolphin - Never again. Fees to death and very uninspiring. Good location, but that's it. Definitely didn't feel like disney.
Polynesian Village - Loved it! Bought DVC here and really don't want to stay anywhere else for a while.

I love Poly too. I especially appreciate the extra shower and the pull-down murphy bed. I wasn't impressed with POR during my July trip. I, too, found it to be sprawling and too much walking to amenities. I didn't really care for the cabins at FW. That resort is huge as well and I feel you may as well add $500+ to a week stay for a golf cart to get around more easily. The only moderate I'll stay at is CSR and I have to be in the cabanas, although I think this will change now the tower is open and I won't be staying at any moderates anymore. I'm looking to upgrade my January trip to a deluxe, hopefully with an AP room discount.

yaksplat

I didn't really care for the cabins at FW. That resort is huge as well and I feel you may as well add $500+ to a week stay for a golf cart to get around more easily.
I stayed there in '93. According to my dad, "It was worth paying extra to have a full kitchen so we could make our own breakfast."

It was $90/night o_O

Ghostdog

Any of the All-Star resorts, Old Key West, Saratoga Springs, Port Orleans Riverside, Boardwalk; none of these are appealing to me.

Heppenheimer

I am surprised this has not been mentioned yet.

Star Wars hotel.

And to correct the title, it's not that I don't think I'll stay there, I know I won't stay there.
As a lifelong, but casual Star Wars fan, the idea behind this hotel holds zero appeal for me. I like themeing, I like a certain amount of the suspension of disbelief you experience at Disney World. But after a long day in the parks, the last thing I want to is to play more make believe. I want to relax and unwind. Something about the idea of a bunch of adults pretending to be in the Star Wars universe I find rather... well, both sad and a little unnerving.

Communicora

Premium Member
I am more of an indoorsy person so Fort Wilderness is a realistic answer. I know they have the cabins, but I don’t need that kind of space.

Toodycat

I wouldn’t stay in the values because we like a sit down dining option and interior corridors. I’m also not terribly enthusiastic about the Contemporary. The location is awesome, but the theming is weak. It reminds me of an airport hotel.

polynesiangirl

Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness/all the various DVC/cabins/etc that's over there -- I'm sure they're all nice, it's just that as a northerner who loves hot weather when I'm in Florida "north woods" isn't a look I'm especially looking for and I'd rather spend my money on a different look.

Bartledvd

Never find me in any value or moderates. I want to be in a nice room than I have at home and I like having a kitchen and washer dryer not to mention privacy and space. It is a holiday and should be luxurious.

Toodycat

It seems like the GF is getting rejected as much as the values. I’m a big GF cheerleader, and I just want to say that if you don’t like the theming or the location or the prices or the pool or the restaurants, I understand because that’s how I feel about the Contemporary and the Poly, but the GF CMs are very friendly and not at all stuffy. They go so above and beyond from driving us in a resort vehicle—-when we weren’t even staying at the GF but just eating there—-to the Wilderness Lodge after we missed Disney transport to literally running in the rain to our room to drop off our Cirque tickets to upgrading our room so construction wouldn’t disturb my developmentally disabled child. They are fantastic. If you mean the other guests being stuffy, I can’t speak to that, except to say that I’ve never had a negative interaction with another guest at any Disney property.

Hula Baloo

It seems like the GF is getting rejected as much as the values. I’m a big GF cheerleader, and I just want to say that if you don’t like the theming or the location or the prices or the pool or the restaurants, I understand because that’s how I feel about the Contemporary and the Poly, but the GF CMs are very friendly and not at all stuffy. They go so above and beyond from driving us in a resort vehicle—-when we weren’t even staying at the GF but just eating there—-to the Wilderness Lodge after we missed Disney transport to literally running in the rain to our room to drop off our Cirque tickets to upgrading our room so construction wouldn’t disturb my developmentally disabled child. They are fantastic. If you mean the other guests being stuffy, I can’t speak to that, except to say that I’ve never had a negative interaction with another guest at any Disney property.
I like GF too! It is still on my bucket list, but we eat at the Grand Floridian Cafe each visit. I especially love the Christmas decorations at GF.

PrincessNelly_NJ

I would say All star Music or Sports pending a renovation. We are giving ASM a try for 3 nights since I scored it for $70 a night after taxes (thank you priceline!), I dont think I could stay any longer than that at a value resort.

Just not our style really.

PrincessNelly_NJ

Old Keywest and Saratoga Springs ! We’ve Never had any desire to stay there.
SSR was definitely on my never list since I never heard anything good about it. But we ended up staying a few nights on a last minute DVC deal and we were incredibly surprised at how much we liked it. Even after checking in, we were just not sure about it; a few hours later, we started to fall in love with the peaceful atmosphere. I think we'll love it even more after the refurb.

kwoodfan1

Contemporary (not including Bay Lake). Just can't put it in same category as its price alternatives. Just a boring / lifeless feeling when we're in there walking around. Like BLT though.

eliza61nyc

I almost can't believe all the disdain for the values. :oops:

Actually I don't have disdain, they just aren't our style. Let me add that I have not stayed in one in almost 17 years so we might like them now since many have been rehabbed. Our main problem was my hubby and I were pooh size and they were just too small. two large adults in a full bed is not fun.

Anyhoo. I'll probably never do the Polynesian. I actually liked the old version better but it never really floated my boat

juniorthomas

Pretty sure I'll never stay at Grand Floridian. Sure, I could save up and spend a single night there, but we spend far more time at the parks than at the hotel as it is. I put all the money saved back into our trip so we can stay longer and buy silly toys and things for the kids. And not for me. I mean, I most certainly do not need a glowing ice cube drink from SFDIT. Right? Right. :cool:

Heppenheimer

I would gladly stay at the Grand Floridian if I saw evidence that the service and amenities justified the high cost. Yes, it's a beautiful hotel in a prime Disney World location, but by the standards of non-Disney luxury hotels, it simply doesn't measure up on a value for price comparison.

I will, however, shell out the cash for the Grand Californian at Disneyland, simply because there's nothing else that gives you a similar experience, and stays at this resort are generally much shorter.

Last edited:

chimchimcheree

Interestingly, no one has mentioned the Four Seasons Resort. (If you have, sorry. Seconding you.) I would never shell out that kind of money when I could get just as good accommodations at Swan/Dolphin for probably a third of the price.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom