How to get "free" trips to DisneyWorld...

Weather_Lady

I "earn" tons of money shopping, too... or rather, like most of us on this board, I SAVE tons of money by making smart choices whether it's purchasing groceries or car, and not buying things we don't need or can repair ourselves. In contrast, the now-stay-at-home mother who was the subject of the article is "earning" money by, among other things, purchasing meal delivery services at a premium price!??!. I don't think "earning" means what she thinks it means!!!

By living beneath our means and making good use of credit card rewards programs (something the article gets right in recommending), many of us save a whole lot more annually than the $2,200 this woman is "earning." Hopefully the misleading article (it's an ad, really) doesn't cause anybody to quit their jobs to pursue a pipe dream.

Last edited:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Original Poster
I "earn" tons of money shopping, too... or rather, like most of us on this board, I SAVE tons of money by making smart choices whether it's purchasing groceries or car, and not buying things we don't need or can repair ourselves. In contrast, the now-stay-at-home mother who was the subject of the article is "earning" money by, among other things, purchasing meal delivery services at a premium price!??!. I don't think "earning" means what she thinks it means!!!

By living beneath our means and making good use of credit card rewards programs (something the article gets right in recommending), my family saves a whole lot more annually than the $2,200 this woman is "earning." Hopefully the misleading article (it's an ad, really) doesn't cause anybody to quit their jobs to pursue a pipe dream.
Yah, as long as there's a primary breadwinner in the family, the other adult can concentrate on kluging together discounts, bonuses, rebates and contest entries.

PrincessNelly_NJ

We went to Disney last year and I only paid $600 OOP thanks to Swagbucks. I work full time and only do Swagbucks on my break or an hour after work. We went for 13 days - stayed in a one bedroom at the Beach Club Villas & garden view room at French Quarter, ate at mostly signature restaurants, went to MVMCP, and flew in. Its not hard to earn money on Swagbucks.

I also know the person in the article, she is apart of many Swagbucks FB groups and Disney groups. She is one of many of us who have successfully used Swagbucks to save for Disney.

The mod for the FB Swagging your way to disney, has a lifetime earning of $10,000. So my earnings are small potatoes compared to her and others in that group.

Last edited:

PrincessNelly_NJ

By living beneath our means and making good use of credit card rewards programs (something the article gets right in recommending), my family saves a whole lot more annually than the $2,200 this woman is "earning." Hopefully the misleading article (it's an ad, really) doesn't cause anybody to quit their jobs to pursue a pipe dream.
Why not both? We do this and Swagbucks.

PrincessNelly_NJ

She is spending that money anyone shopping online.
This is just click bait...
Not always. Many times, you can do free offers and get credit. I only do offers that are money makers. Spend $0, earn $20... spend $8 earn $60. After a few month, my lifetime SB total is almost $2,000 not including all the free items we've received like meal delivery kits, clothes, hair dyer, etc and the commission I earn from referrals. (which is about $450 more) My fiance does it as well so we double our earning.

For something I do for once in a while, for 20-60 minutes a day, I'll take it. Instead of playing games on my phone while waiting for things, I do this instead.

Weather_Lady

So basically she isn't working and spending all of her time online on Swagbucks?

...and, it would appear, spending all of her money on Swagbucks as well, meaning she's missing out on opportunities to comparison-shop for whatever she buys, and is only "earning" money she would have been able to save in the first place by shopping around. That's my takeaway, anyway. These sites seem to just be an updated, digital version of setups like Amway.

No judgment, however. To each his own. :)

PrincessNelly_NJ

...and, it would appear, spending all of her money on Swagbucks as well, meaning she's missing out on opportunities to comparison-shop for whatever she buys, and is only "earning" money she would have been able to save in the first place by shopping around. That's my takeaway, anyway. These sites seem to just be an updated, digital version of setups like Amway.

No judgment, however. To each his own. :)
Thats not how Swagbucks works. You don't have to spend money to make money. Most of the time, you get paid for your feedback. I was paid $75 for watching the democratic debate which I would have watched anyway. I was paid $60 give feedback on different recipes for Bertolli pasta sauce that was sent to me. ;)

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Thats not how Swagbucks works. You don't have to spend money to make money. Most of the time, you get paid for your feedback. I was paid $75 for watching the democratic debate which I would have watched anyway. I was paid $60 give feedback on different recipes for Bertolli pasta sauce that was sent to me. ;)

Actually if you buy things off retailers through Swagbucks you get money

Phonedave

Swagbucks seems to be too much of a grind for my tastes. Those take a survey things never seem to work out for me. I spend 5 minutes filling out data only to find I don't qualify.

I used to belong to some local consumer insights focus group places. Real brick and mortar places that conducted focus groups. I would get called every so often, and asked screener questions - which were quick and painless. If I qualified they would ask if I could come in to do a panel discussion. The discussions lasted 1 to 2 hours and paid anywhere from $100 to $200 cash - plus they fed you (sandwiches and pasta, but still, free meal). I found it enjoyable, I did panels on chewing gum, candy advertisements, a "rolling toothbrush" that I don't think ever made it to market, men's magazines (like Men's Health, not *those* men's magazines), and a bunch of other stuff. When I moved, I stopped doing them.

I do use Ibotta, and only for grocery shopping. I go in and check of every item they have a rebate for. I then go grocery shopping as normal. My Ibotta is linked to my grocery store loyalty card. It checks what I bought and each week I get around $3 - $5 back. Sometimes I qualify for bonus bucks and get something like $10 extra. If I really cared and allowed it to dictate my purchases, then I am sure I could qualify for bonuses much more often, but as it is, I rarely look at what is available for a rebate, and just do my normal shopping (I save more that way, than by trying to earn a 50 cent rebate)

FettFan

At any rate.... if you have a decent reward credit card to use for regular purchases (food, gasoline/petrol, etc.) and pay it off in full every month, you can easily rack up points that convert to dollars.

I've got over $200 worth of Amazon rewards and $500 on my Discover simply from the fact that I set up recurring monthly charges on each one. My State Farm, AT&T, iTunes/Apple Music, and Adobe accounts all charge to Discover and I use the Amazon card for small purchases.....and I haven't used any of those rewards points for a couple of years now. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom