What resort do you think you'll never stay at?

Disorbust

We have stayed at all the resorts (not DVC) andYacht Club had been our family favorite, especially my 88yo mom, for about the last ten years. Then we stayed after the remodel and it felt like we were staying at a dark and depressing ikea display. Spring break last year I just couldn.t justify the cost at YBC and since my DD is cast we had a great discount on AoA. Well my Mom LOVED it! Loved the hussle and bustle of all the families, loved the theming. Said now she felt like she was at Disney, not Ikea.

righttrack

I enjoy the resources at the GF, namely some of the restaurants and shops, but there is absolutely zero appeal for me to stay there. It doesn't transport me anywhere. It reminds me of local golf/country clubs which in my neck of the woods are a dime a dozen.

FigmentFan82

I almost can't believe all the disdain for the values. :oops:
I don't think it's disdain, just preference. Everyone like different things, that's why we've got the values, moderates, and deluxes.

As for me, even though I like camping, I don't think I'd ever stay at Fort Wilderness. If I'm at WDW I'd rather go back to a nice cool A/C room than a hot tent.

Mickey5150

I don't think it's disdain, just preference. Everyone like different things, that's why we've got the values, moderates, and deluxes.

As for me, even though I like camping, I don't think I'd ever stay at Fort Wilderness. If I'm at WDW I'd rather go back to a nice cool A/C room than a hot tent.
With some of the RVs out there i guarantee the best room on property is probably at Fort Wilderness.

crawale

Just curious if anyone else has a resort that they can't ever see themselves staying at, even if money and other annoying issues like that weren't a factor ;) . For me it's the Contemporary. It just looks so drab and plain compared to all of the others. If I want to stay at a hotel that looks like every other, I'll save myself a few hundred dollars a night and go off site.
For me it's Saratoga Springs. The staff there seem very 'un Disney' meaning they really don't care. We couldn't find our room and called back to the front desk for help. They promised to send a CM over to help us. Second phone call - no one came. Eventually a fellow guest helped us. Will never stay there again.

Weather_Lady

I'd never stay in:
- The Value resorts (I'm no snob and we typically stay at no-frills budget hotels when traveling elsewhere, but the rooms are too small for a family of 4 with two nearly-teens, plus we want to avoid the noise/crowds of large groups since long afternoon naps are part of our Disney routine; not to mention, free-range kids' teams and cheerleaders scare me nearly as much as snakes and clowns!!!). We've loved the moderates where we've stayed, however, as well as Fort Wilderness Campground (in the days when my parents had a pop-up camper).
- The Grand Floridian (too high-falootin' for our personal taste)
- Old Key West (I love the Golden Girls, but I heartily dislike their decor)
- Saratoga Springs (we live in upstate NY, so a resort themed to it doesn't hold any interest)
- any on-site Disney hotel at full price! If we ever can't rent DVC points or get a great seasonal discount, we'll go to the Swan/Dolphin or off-site.

Appropos of nothing, so far our very favorite Disney hotel experiences (in terms of great theme, great dining, and consistent transportation) have been a week at Caribbean Beach Resort (pre-construction, in a preferred room with "free" standard DDP), a week with several relatives in a newly-refurbished 2-bedroom DVC villa at Wilderness Lodge on rented points (transportation there was bad but everything else excelled), and a 2-night splurge in a Polynesian Village Resort DVC studio on rented points. Hoping our upcoming stay (6 nights, AKL studio, again on rented points at $283/night even over February break) will be the best yet!

Last edited:

Smiley/OCD

If I hit power ball, sure I'd love to try a deluxe resort. For the amount of time we actually spend in the resort, I just can't justify spending all that $$$ to sleep a few hours and take a shower. We've stayed at CBR, All Star Movies, POP and AoA (our new favorite...outgrew 1 room at POP). As long as I have a clean bed, clean shower and Stacey on TV, I'm a happy camper!

debpeduz

I have no interest in staying in any of the value resorts - All Star, Pop Century or Art of Animation. Love the Epcot resorts!!

Club Cooloholic

In the villas?

Must have been knocked out in a refurb.

They definitely were cool.

But hey - “membership is magical at $200 a point”

Amaright?!?
Yeah, last trip we gave my inlaws the king suite in our BC 2 bed and they didn't even use the tub because they were afraid they would fall trying to get in it.
Tub-and-Art-Disneys-Beach-Club-Villas-from-yourfirstvisit.net_.jpg

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Yeah, last trip we gave my inlaws the king suite in our BC 2 bed and they didn't even use the tub because they were afraid they would fall trying to get in it.
View attachment 394778
I'm not a senior yet, but that tub looks a bit challenging. It doesn't have a handle or anything to help you get in/out safely and with ease. I mean, one could grab the rim, but it'll be wet and slippery, so...

I'd still make good use of that beauty though!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom