Using Magic Bands on DDP

Slikke

Original Poster
Hi All, I haven't found a specific answer on this so I figured I would ask: We are using the standard DDP for an upcoming trip in September and we are hoping to use our Quick Service and Snack Credits wisely... One thing we are wondering -- Can you use your Magic Band, with a Credit Card attached, to pay for a snack (like a bottle of water) and NOT get charged for a snack credit? If so, how does that work? Do you have to tell the cast member how you want to ring it up? Lastly, would you instead just pay with a card or cash and now use the magic band at all in those situations? (I kind of like the idea of not carrying a wallet around the parks..) Sorry for the ramble and thanks in advance for your help!

Tom P.

Yes, you can. When you purchase food, all you do is tell the cast member whether you want to use a dining plan credit or not. Most of the time, in fact, they will ask you. It's no problem at all to choose between a dining plan credit or billing to your attached credit card.

jaklgreen

That is pretty much the first thing the cashier asks you, "are you on the dining plan". Just tell them you are charging it to your room and do not want to use points.

wombat

Just as a side note, don't be afraid to use your credits first. If you wait too long, by the end of your trip, you may not use your credits up. 😊
I have been guilty of not using all my dining plan credits on the times I have visited WDW. Must make sure I use them up next time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom