Anyone knows how far out did DL implemented 4-hour block for Star Wars?

mdcpr

Original Poster
I guess the subject is the question. :) If Galaxy Edge is opening in WDW in August, will they implement the 4-hour viewing block like they did in DL? In yes, anyone knows when was this announced? Trying to figure out how this would work for my trip to WDW. Tks

donsullivan

Premium Member
WDW has expressly stated that they will not be using the advance reservation model used at Disneyland. The most we expect is that if the land gets overcrowded they 'may' choose to implement virtual queue but that is not confirmed, just speculated.

mdcpr

Original Poster
WDW has expressly stated that they will not be using the advance reservation model used at Disneyland. The most we expect is that if the land gets overcrowded they 'may' choose to implement virtual queue but that is not confirmed, just speculated.
I hope they do something for crowd control.

Emm

I think they are going to pack it to the gills if they can. The crowd control methods for Galaxys edge at DL just led to talk of a flop and Disney will take every step to prevent that again. I anticipate people not having room to even breathe if Disney has its way.

winstongator

The 4 hour previews are very similar to the AP preview windows they're doing in Orlando. DL right now is using a virtual queue, and I'd imagine that's what they use at some point at DHS. People enter the land when it opens until it's full. Then the virtual queue kicks in and you join a boarding party. When your spot opens, you have some time to get there. When we went to DL, the land never hit capacity, and it hasn't the few times I've checked since. Local APs out there are blacked out though. I'd imagine there'd be something similar in place for your trip.

mdcpr

Original Poster
The 4 hour previews are very similar to the AP preview windows they're doing in Orlando. DL right now is using a virtual queue, and I'd imagine that's what they use at some point at DHS. People enter the land when it opens until it's full. Then the virtual queue kicks in and you join a boarding party. When your spot opens, you have some time to get there. When we went to DL, the land never hit capacity, and it hasn't the few times I've checked since. Local APs out there are blacked out though. I'd imagine there'd be something similar in place for your trip.
I guess I'll be going early. I have an ADR for Cinderella's Table the day I want to go to HS, so I guess I'll be hopping around.

erasure fan1

I think they are going to pack it to the gills if they can. The crowd control methods for Galaxys edge at DL just led to talk of a flop and Disney will take every step to prevent that again. I anticipate people not having room to even breathe if Disney has its way.
I totally agree. I think Disney wants the headlines like Hagrid with TEN HOUR waits. Non of this is Star wars dead, is the land a flop... I would anticipate they open the flood gates and let it fill to the legal occupancy level.

nickys

Premium Member
I guess the subject is the question. :) If Galaxy Edge is opening in WDW in August, will they implement the 4-hour viewing block like they did in DL? In yes, anyone knows when was this announced? Trying to figure out how this would work for my trip to WDW. Tks

Pretty sure for DL the operational logistics were announced at the same time as they announced the opening date. The first three weeks were by reservation only, with a 4 hour time slot, and no stand-by. After that the time limit was removed, and there would be no reservations.

Right from the start for DHS, they said there would be no reservation system at this time. But that access would be limited - in other words, be prepared to not get in!

As has been said before, the EEMH are in lieu of the reservation system. And after that a virtual queue is almost certain to be used to control access once the land fills to capacity.

nickys

Premium Member
If you think about it if there are long lines and no guarantee then the only people who would really wait are AP holders. Why would you buy a $100+ day ticket and wait in line for hours with no guarantee of getting in when you could be going to the other parks.

How many people really buy a one day ticket though? Most visitors have multi-day tickets.

And if someone did, and found they couldn’t get into Galaxy’s Edge, they could always choose another park anyway. They’ve done away with park-specific tickets now.

mdcpr

Original Poster
Pretty sure for DL the operational logistics were announced at the same time as they announced the opening date. The first three weeks were by reservation only, with a 4 hour time slot, and no stand-by. After that the time limit was removed, and there would be no reservations.

Right from the start for DHS, they said there would be no reservation system at this time. But that access would be limited - in other words, be prepared to not get in!

As has been said before, the EEMH are in lieu of the reservation system. And after that a virtual queue is almost certain to be used to control access once the land fills to capacity.
Well, I guess the plan will be show up at rope drop and see what happens.
If you think about it if there are long lines and no guarantee then the only people who would really wait are AP holders. Why would you buy a $100+ day ticket and wait in line for hours with no guarantee of getting in when you could be going to the other parks.
That's why I have Plan B. We show up at rope drop, if the line is unbearable, we will hop to another park. It would be nice to see SGE, but is just one more thing on our itinerary, so switching is not a big deal.

nickys

Premium Member
I believe there Is s good amount of people who still Get single day Tickets.

And Even with multiday, park hopper ID Extra

True. But if someone turned up at DHS at 9am, found the virtual queue was already in operation and they were way down the line, then they could then head over to another park. Even if they’d entered DHS and then discovered that, I bet GS would validate their ticket for another park if they hadn’t already ridden other stuff.

Kingoglow

True. But if someone turned up at DHS at 9am, found the virtual queue was already in operation and they were way down the line, then they could then head over to another park. Even if they’d entered DHS and then discovered that, I bet GS would validate their ticket for another park if they hadn’t already ridden other stuff.
Lol!
No, that ticket already got you into the park. They are not going to give everyone a few park hopper. You can wait in line for SWGE or enjoy what (little) DHS has to offer. /shrug

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom