News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

DreamfinderGuy

I've inferred a rough layout based on what Martin has posted thus far. Not complete or 100% accurate but it's something. Seem good to you guys?

Edit: The gravity building was complete just fooling around. I don't expect it to look anything like that lol

180º

So are we to believe there are elevation changes in the old building? The track looks like it crosses over itself. The launch tunnel is elevated, correct? I had previously assumed that all of the ride before and after the gravity building would be at that same level, and we would cross below the track to board and exit like in Gringotts.

Marc Davis Fan

I wonder if they'll make any efforts at all to connect the attraction thematically to human achievement or global community. Or at least to have some sort of meaningful message. It seems nearly impossible that they won't even make any effort to connect it to Epcot's theme (besides "Peter Quill visited Epcot").

I'm also most curious about whether there will be any practical sets within the gravity building. If it's just dome screens, how on Earth are they spending, what, $400,000,000?

Fantasmicguy

Guys. I've decided to build my own version of Epcot Center that will be true to the original's mission statement about celebrating human culture, community, and technology. I'm even going to have a Switzerland Pavilion with an alpine mountain coaster that is in no way infringing upon Disney's Matterhorn Bobsleds(tm) .

I just need 300 acres and about $2.5 Billion USD.

Anyone want to chip in? Every little bit helps.
This reminds me of when those guys tried to make their own version of Star Wars Episode 8

Jones14

There could be a thematic reason for a track switch, though. Maybe there’s a need for a dead-end in the story before the launch.

Thelazer

Is it just me, or does it seem like the Orginal UO show building "Should" have been big enough to fit most of the coaster in it.. Unless just the orginal ride layout and forced prespective tricks in the Dino scenes were THAT good.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom