Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

Mac Tonight

No, is it good and why would I understand it without seeing the other 27 movies?
Honestly I think its the best Marvel film, period.

The only reason you might not understand things are because they lump literally every character together. But
its OK because even some of the characters in the film are confused when they meet each other for the first time :)

Once you get past that, its a simple plot. Thanos wants Infinity Stones to "snap" away half of all living things
in the universe (aka genocide) in an attempt to bring "balance" and create a sustainable future for the remaining half.

mickEblu

Honestly I think its the best Marvel film, period.

The only reason you might not understand things are because they lump literally every character together.
But once you get past that, its a simple plot. Thanos wants Infinity Stones to "snap" away half of all living things
in the universe (aka genocide) in an attempt to bring "balance" and create a sustainable future for the remaining half.

Yeah I know the Thanos part from the onslaught of memes that followed that movie.

mickEblu

Then you're good. It has some of the best action sequences of the entire series.

I dunno what happened to me but the older I get I just don’t have the attention span for huge 45 minute long action scenes. It just becomes repetitive. I typically don’t like the end of these movies because it’s one long action sequence and a rush to tie everything up. When it comes to superhero movies its no wonder I usually prefer the original (part 1) or origin movies because they have the most story.

Mac Tonight

Infinity War is definitely a lot of fun. I wish Endgame was a better follow up. That movie drastically needed to be trimmed down and its action wasn't as good as Infinity War's (except for one scene).
Agreed. I enjoyed Endgame (seeing it opening night was an experience) but it didn't feel as grand as IW for some reason. It certainly needed a good 30-45 minute trim.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I'd be happy with an Avengers coaster, a Spider-Man ride, and a Guardians of the Galaxy ride so long as all three are high quality and accurately reflect their characters/movies/franchises. Avengers coaster could cover all the Earth based heroes from Iron Man to Black Panther, Spider-Man could really reflect swinging through New York, and Guardians of the Galaxy could cover all the cosmos characters of the MCU and explore that galaxy. None of these work for DCA, though.
Not to rehash old discussions but this idea of "it doesn't work in DCA" is moot at this point. DCA is what it is now, and we have to accept that.

As for the rest, as long as we get the Avengers Coaster (or some approximation of that) I'll be happy with Marvel Land. Without the coaster, it'll be a disappointment for me. Not so much because of what is there, but because I know it could have been more.

Mac Tonight

I dunno what happened to me but the older I get I just don’t have the attention span for huge 45 minute long action scenes. It just becomes repetitive. I typically don’t like the end of these movies because it’s one long action sequence and a rush to tie everything up. When it comes to superhero movies its no wonder I usually prefer the original (part 1) or origin movies because they have the most story.
Truthfully that's kind of how I felt about SW films. Like, oh good, here comes another space battle with ships and lasers and lets blow something up! But with this one, I think it was the knowledge that it had all built up to this point that made things fresh. Not to mention, seeing multiple characters team up for the first time and really getting to see the diversity of battle tactics.

If for no other reason, see it for Thor. Just... this.

BonyDelightfulGrayfox-size_restricted.gif

TROR

Not to rehash old discussions but this idea of "it doesn't work in DCA" is moot at this point. DCA is what it is now, and we have to accept that.
"DCA is what it is now" is a moot point because I won't accept that. DCA is a theme park celebrating the history and culture of California no matter what Chapek or Iger do to it. That's what it was designed and created as thus that's how it will always be. Any divergence from that is a flaw in the park, not a fix.

As for the rest, as long as we get the Avengers Coaster (or some approximation of that) I'll be happy with Marvel Land. Without the coaster, it'll be a disappointment for me. Not so much because of what is there, but because I know it could have been more.
I do wonder if we'll ever see this alleged coaster or if Chapek will get fired and the new president won't care enough about Marvel to get it done.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
"DCA is what it is now" is a moot point because I won't accept that. DCA is a theme park celebrating the history and culture of California no matter what Chapek or Iger do to it. That's what it was designed and created as thus that's how it will always be. Any divergence from that is a flaw in the park, not a fix.

Well that is just one thing we'll never agree on, which is ok.

I do wonder if we'll ever see this alleged coaster or if Chapek will get fired and the new president won't care enough about Marvel to get it done.
Well hopefully we'll get an answer to that in about a month.

RobWDW1971

The goal hasn’t changed just because those in charge aren’t going towards it. Unless they tear down DCA and start over, it will always be a theme park focused on California’s history.

I hear you, but that ship has sailed and ain't coming back. You can light a candle in the window and wait, but the entire company has moved on from that idea and the only thing left is the now pointless "California" in the name. Since it's opening 18 years ago, the only thing that has been added (and countless things have been removed) that reinforce the original concept is the BVS remodel (which IMO was "nice" but just a poor man's Main Street from across the esplanade as if WDI couldn't think of any other kind of entrance).

Even the BVS remodel may have worked against it as I can't imagine the average guest has listed that on their reasons to return or have any knowledge or frankly cares about the Carthay Circle theater, let alone as a park weenie. Cars Land, Pixar Pier, Marvel Land, etc. has/will drive attendance and none of those have anything to do with driving the core concept of the celebration of California. When they put in Soarin' over the World, that was Exhibit A of how they think about the park.

I'm with you in spirit, but putting any more energy into that fight, to me, just isn't energy well spent.

TROR

I hear you, but that ship has sailed and ain't coming back. You can light a candle in the window and wait, but the entire company has moved on from that idea and the only thing left is the now pointless "California" in the name. Since it's opening 18 years ago, the only thing that has been added (and countless things have been removed) that reinforce the original concept is the BVS remodel (which IMO was "nice" but just a poor man's Main Street from across the esplanade as if WDI couldn't think of any other kind of entrance).

Even the BVS remodel may have worked against it as I can't imagine the average guest has listed that on their reasons to return or have any knowledge or frankly cares about the Carthay Circle theater, let alone as a park weenie. Cars Land, Pixar Pier, Marvel Land, etc. has/will drive attendance and none of those have anything to do with driving the core concept of the celebration of California. When they put in Soarin' over the World, that was Exhibit A of how they think about the park.

I'm with you in spirit, but putting any more energy into that fight, to me, just isn't energy well spent.
I don’t care what Disney thinks about the park. They’re wrong and I’ll keep saying as much until they tear it down and start over.

alias8703

You’re an artist? If you’re give a canvas, some paints, and a brush, can you create good art? If the answer is yes, then I’m not attacking you.

EDIT: Just saw you're 20 years old. It all makes so much sense now. Until you move out of mommy and daddies house and get a professional career of your own I think its best you mind your seat at the kids table.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom