More Epcot WS Pavilions

Tank Man

Original Poster
After looking through the space that Epcot takes up there are 4 open spaces for pavilions in the World Showcase, I wanted to talk a bit about some rumored and speculated [possible] pavilions and they could be from a IP as Frozen is not in Norway. Also Norway should be turned into Arendale as it would make more sense. As I am trying to post things on a regular basis as Epcot “Evolution” is taking to long.
Possible Epcot WS Pavilions:
-Arendale [possible]​
The fictional kingdom from the animated series “Frozen” and it would make sense to rip out Norway and put it somewhere else as Frozen does not take place in Norway.​
-Wakanda [unlikely]​
From the highly successful Marvel movie “Black Panther” rumors have come out about it going into Epcot but the deal with Comcast and Marvel from the 90’s prevents that. I assume Universal would try to use him in a park instead of trading out the rights for a Fox IP.​
-Agrobah [unknown]​
The kingdom from the Disney classic “Aladdin” would fit in the expansion pad next to Morocco but should they do it. Unknown, the new Aladdin has done really well but not received well. I think they should instead do the cave of wonders but we shall see. I don’t think this will happen though.​
-Brazil [possible]​
The big rumor is that this pavilion is being built and will have D&3C there and have Coco replace their old home in Mexico but stuff like Mexico will need an overhaul and stuff meanwhile FW is getting a revision. I suppose Mexico might be in the planes for a refurb but I still see all this likely.​
-Asgard [not going to happen]​
I mentioned earlier how Norway might be moved and be fully replaced by Arendale and I think Norway would return or normal but I have a bit of speculation that they might use Norse Myths for Norway and call it Asgard and make it so it feels like Marvel but really is the Mythos version. It would be sneaky but could bring Thor to Disney parks.​
-Russia [unknown]​
This one was a unused idea but it was for the Soviet Union and obviously was scrapped. It could be brought back as Russia with maybe a dog sled race ride (kiddie coaster). I don’t see this happening but I have not found much legitimacy or disproving evidence (and no does not mean it was mentioned). Also I don’t even think Disney thought about doing this.​
-India [possible]
The rumored India pavilion could possibly feature a Jungle Book styles ride but I don’t see this happening as I believe it belongs to AK.​
The other ones are ones that will work in AK and Asia and the other AK countries don’t belong in Epcot as they are already being used.

Nottamus

We always forget Antarctica! walking through WS on a hot day and stumbling into glaciers and cold weather....especially in August

Tank Man

Original Poster
We always forget Antarctica! walking through WS on a hot day and stumbling into glaciers and cold weather....especially in August
I that would be “cool”
1. There’s more than 4 expansion pads in WS, I’m pretty sure.
2. Heck no to any and all make believe countries in WS.
1000 times this..
A thing is that Frozen does not go into Norway and they might just throw Norway somewhere else and put Arendale there, I only think one of them has a possible chance and that is Frozen. I listed some that could work but probably will never happen then some rumored ones

westie

Thematically Russia would be beautiful but I do not know what else it could entail other than a shop selling Russian dolls. I work with a guy from Russia. He is so happy to be driving a BMW. I asked if he owned one in Russia and he told me,"Oh no buddy. If you have BMW in Russia, they shoot you and take it from you." I read in the other thread that Australia and New Zealand are being considered. Those are real possibilities in my book. I can envision another water themed boat ride. I think many WDW regulars have a bad idea about Brazil. If you've ever encountered a bazillion Brazilians you know what I mean. But food-wise I like the idea. I know very little about the African countries and somehow feel AK has that covered? And I agree, let's keep the make believe countries out of it. But as always this is just my .02

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Frozen and Norway don’t fit
I mean by moving it to somewhere else (another WS expansion pad) sorry if I did not sound clear

A Chef Rat doesn't necessarily fit into the France pavilion either. They need continuity in WS. Either keep it consistent with "real" places - or change the whole thing to IP Showcase. If IP's find their way (as they are) into WS fine. But let's not advocate turning the Mexico pavilion into Santa Cecilia

Tank Man

Original Poster
A Chef Rat doesn't necessarily fit into the France pavilion either. They need continuity in WS. Either keep it consistent with "real" places - or change the whole thing to IP Showcase. If IP's find their way (as they are) into WS fine. But let's not advocate turning the Mexico pavilion into Santa Cecilia
True,
I wonder why they did not put at least the BatB rude that is going to Tokyo here. I have heard that Ratatoullie (the movie) embraces French culture so well it would fit in to France. (Supposedly the Pixar team learned a lot of about their culture)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom