Summer Room Discount Offer Released Today

Weather_Lady

Original Poster
FWIW, Disneyland just announced a modest, limited discount on hotel rooms at the Disneyland Hotel and Grand Californian this summer, with 10-15% discounts most Sunday through Thursday nights from July 23 through September 26, 2019. It's not an impressive offer as discounts go, but as my mother used to say, "better than a stick in the eye."

Info. here: https://disneyland.disney.go.com/offers-discounts/hotel-stay/

Phroobar

FWIW, Disneyland just announced a modest, limited discount on hotel rooms at the Disneyland Hotel and Grand Californian this summer, with 10-15% discounts most Sunday through Thursday nights from July 23 through September 26, 2019. It's not an impressive offer as discounts go, but as my mother used to say, "better than a stick in the eye."

Info. here: https://disneyland.disney.go.com/offers-discounts/hotel-stay/
That barely covers TOT taxes.

Weather_Lady

Original Poster
I booked my room lastnight. unreal!

Murphy's Law!

As someone who's accustomed to having the ability to freely modify/cancel my own reservations to WDW online, I confess it was a giant pain to have to call Disneyland directly to take care of changing my reservation around. (I booked a new reservation online to get the discount, since it can't be applied to existing reservations, and then called after the phone lines opened up to cancel my original reservation, which I could do without penalty since it was more than 29 days away.) It was a pain, but I saved $100 on our little 2-night stay, which will cover the cost of our parking, plus a round of Dole Whips or something... :)

mickEblu

I gave up trying to figure out who was staying in these hotels a while ago.

It's priced far out of reasonable value for me, and I'm supposedly in their target market (out-of-towner with a decent income).

Well I live about an hour North of the park with an income that could be more decent but it doesn’t really matter because I’m irresponsible and blow money on useless collectibles all the time. Yet they still haven’t given me a reason to stay at one of their hotels since 2014. If they would dangle a room under $300 once in a while I’d probably take the bait.

I splurged in 2014 for our 1 year anniversary. Before that, I Hadn’t stayed at the DL Hotel since the mid 90s when I wasn’t paying for it and it was probably 1/4 the price back then.

Now Im going off an a tangent but apparently income hasn’t gone up since the 90s yet homes in my area are 5x what they were worth in the late 90s/ early 2000s. Im lucky enough to be renting a nice 2 bedroom home from family for what a nice 1 bedroom apartment costs in my area but dang, my generation got screwed.

Last edited:

MouseMelly

thanks, I was planning to do that but saw the fine print saying it couldn't be applied to existing reservations. Since im over 29 days away maybe I will just cancel and rebook.. not sure its worth the pain over $114?
That’s strange! I’m a TA and I’ve never seen that before. $114 is money I’d put towards eating at Blue Bayou 😆🤷🏻‍♀️

Weather_Lady

Original Poster
I gave up trying to figure out who was staying in these hotels a while ago.

It's priced far out of reasonable value for me, and I'm supposedly in their target market (out-of-towner with a decent income).

If it helps, my family is one of those staying in a DL Hotel, but not for our whole stay! We're just spending the last 2 nights of a week-long, once-in-a-lifetime visit to Anaheim at the Disneyland Hotel. I freely admit that the place is stupidly overpriced, and our primary reason for the splurge is the fun pools and slides for the kids, since the surrounding hotels all seem to offer chintzy pools and/or toddler-style water play areas rather than pretty, themed pools. Like most kids from the Northeast who can't swim year-round, my children are just as interested in the quality of the available pools as they are in the parks themselves. In fact, the only thing they've asked me to look up for them on Youtube for the upcoming trip wasn't attraction footage -- they wanted to see the pools for each hotel we'd be staying in!

We're spending the rest of our time at the Tropicana Inn & Suites across the street, at a fraction of the Disneyland Hotel price. (I would have preferred the Best Western, but JetBlue Vacations was offering a promotional deal that was too good to pass up, saving us $1,000 on our hotel+airfare if we booked both with them, and Tropicana was their closest partner hotel...) Given that we saved a bit in travel costs, the splurge for 2 nights at the DL Hotel (with taxes and fees, $450/night) seemed a teensy bit less painful.

TongaToast21

At their lowest rates probably not, and at their highest rates definitely not, but for some people (including myself), the sentimental connection is worth the steep premium.

Phroobar

At their lowest rates probably not, and at their highest rates definitely not, but for some people (including myself), the sentimental connection is worth the steep premium.
Really sentimental connection? Never felt that for a hotel room anywhere. I even spent my honeymoon in the top floor Disneyland hotel bridal suite overlooking Disneyland's parking lot. Fortunately the room was provided with a huge discount by a friend that worked there. I think I'm more sentimental for the parking lot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom