News Howling dog returns to the WDW Haunted Mansion's queue

Imagineer999

Original Poster
Finally! How loud is it? I remember it echoing throughout the queue when I was younger.

It is not that loud. It can only be heard around the family plot area of the queue.

I know. It used to be so much louder. From 1971 to 2011 you could hear it all the way from the Polynesian. I do miss when it was louder. It was much more foreboding. Unfortunately, the volume was turned down in 2011 when the interactive queue was added. The queue might not be to blame though. Someone told me that some employees thought the howl was annoying and requested that its volume be lowered. I can't confirm if that's true, but it's possible.

DisneyGigi

It is not that loud. It can only be heard around the family plot area of the queue.

I know. It used to be so much louder. From 1971 to 2011 you could hear it all the way from the Polynesian. I do miss when it was louder. It was much more foreboding. Unfortunately, the volume was turned down in 2011 when the interactive queue was added. The queue might not be to blame though. Someone told me that some employees thought the howl was annoying and requested that its volume be lowered. I can't confirm if that's true, but it's possible.
At least it is back!

mouse_luv

One of my fave things about the Mansion queue. So glad to hear it's back.

Can anyone get and post video if you are going to the Park soon? Looks like I missed the chance to get it myself by a few months. :(

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Is the sound omni-directional or could one, if they listen close enough, pinpoint the location of the speaker? Part of the charm of the original was that the sound carried as if it were far off in the distance. I hope the same applies with this setup. Regardless, THIS IS GREAT! Glad it's returned, if only at night.

Imagineer999

Original Poster
Is the sound omni-directional or could one, if they listen close enough, pinpoint the location of the speaker? Part of the charm of the original was that the sound carried as if it were far off in the distance. I hope the same applies with this setup. Regardless, THIS IS GREAT! Glad it's returned, if only at night.

I'll have to see for myself when I return in August.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom