News Tomorrowland love

tirian

That's not what the WDW 1996/1998 cd-rom games said. They did move in their first few years.
They move in the storyline of the land. Just like how Cinderella lives in the castle

But not really
I must say, it's a great feat of imagineering there to give the illusion to so many people that those fins and palm branches move when no one ever saw them actually move.

The original plan was for them to open and close in response to the time of day, like tree clocks. @marni1971 did this ever actually happen?

Dizknee_Phreek

Sight lines aren't my issue here. It's that the narrow walkway between the old arcade and the Speedway is too narrow to get to TRON. It'll be an awful bottleneck at park open and it baffles my mind that they aren't redesigning it while they fix ~50-year old bottlenecks elsewhere in the park. Maybe they are assuming there won't be strollers but enough folks have no problem putting their 9-year olds in a stroller.
This has absolutely baffled me as well. I do not understand the placement of Tron. At all. It will be a complete nightmare to get to/out of. I feel like they could have torn down the old Skyway station and out it there. Or put it in the large area by Buzz where the theater was/is. From the map on the app it looks to be a large vacant area. Although there may be some backstage areas there that I am unaware of. But to put it in such a tight area makes no sense to me.

rreading

This has absolutely baffled me as well. I do not understand the placement of Tron. At all. It will be a complete nightmare to get to/out of. I feel like they could have torn down the old Skyway station and out it there. Or put it in the large area by Buzz where the theater was/is. From the map on the app it looks to be a large vacant area. Although there may be some backstage areas there that I am unaware of. But to put it in such a tight area makes no sense to me.

I suspect that its placement is for the benefit of those outside the park. The sight lines of MK at a distance have the castle, Astro Orbiter iirc, and SM. Were Tron placed in front of Buzz, they would have a huge box to hide. In this case, the box is somewhat tucked away, though I unfortunately expect that it will be more obvious than we would prefer

Dizknee_Phreek

I suspect that its placement is for the benefit of those outside the park. The sight lines of MK at a distance have the castle, Astro Orbiter iirc, and SM. Were Tron placed in front of Buzz, they would have a huge box to hide. In this case, the box is somewhat tucked away, though I unfortunately expect that it will be more obvious than we would prefer
You may be right. I was just under the impression that Disney doesn't care that boxes are seen anymore ::cough:: GotG ::cough::🤷

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom