ToT Paris To Receive Enhancements.. What About DHS's?

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I wonder what these changes will be, and if they're successful.. will they be brought into WDW's version? I know WDW is still in the midst of a refurb, lessening the likelihood of this, but it's fun to speculate.

https://attractionsmagazine.com/tower-of-terror-updates-disneyland-paris/

With the Halloween season almost upon us, Disneyland Paris is adding new, permanent enhancements to the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror attraction.
tower of terror

The ride will now feature new stories, complete with updated sound and visual effects, all-new drop sequences, and “an iconic character already present in the attraction,” according to Disney.
tower of terror

With these new additions and an “even more immersive story,” the park hopes to attract longtime fans to rediscover their favorite attraction as well as a new generation of guests.
tower of terror

“At Disneyland Paris, we regularly want to reinvent the guest experience to continue to surprise them and bring them new thrills and emotions,” said Bjorn Heerwagen, show design & production director for Walt Disney Imagineering. “We look forward to unveiling the new drop sequences and effects at the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, which will create memorable and terrifying memories for guests of the Hollywood Tower Hotel.”
tower of terror

These new additions will make their official debut on Sept. 28, the start date of the park’s Halloween Festival. To learn more about Disneyland Paris, visit DisneylandParis.com.

Tank Man

I wonder what these changes will be, and if they're successful.. will they be brought into WDW's version? I know WDW is still in the midst of a refurb, lessening the likelihood of this, but it's fun to speculate.

https://attractionsmagazine.com/tower-of-terror-updates-disneyland-paris/

With the Halloween season almost upon us, Disneyland Paris is adding new, permanent enhancements to the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror attraction.
tower of terror

The ride will now feature new stories, complete with updated sound and visual effects, all-new drop sequences, and “an iconic character already present in the attraction,” according to Disney.
tower of terror

With these new additions and an “even more immersive story,” the park hopes to attract longtime fans to rediscover their favorite attraction as well as a new generation of guests.
tower of terror

“At Disneyland Paris, we regularly want to reinvent the guest experience to continue to surprise them and bring them new thrills and emotions,” said Bjorn Heerwagen, show design & production director for Walt Disney Imagineering. “We look forward to unveiling the new drop sequences and effects at the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, which will create memorable and terrifying memories for guests of the Hollywood Tower Hotel.”
tower of terror

These new additions will make their official debut on Sept. 28, the start date of the park’s Halloween Festival. To learn more about Disneyland Paris, visit DisneylandParis.com.
Nice,
I do suggest moving this to the other Disney resorts page.
But cool anyways

eliza61nyc

I'm guessing it might be a bit of "rome wasn't built in a day". Now I know all the experts will chime in about how easy it would be to update the ride cheaply but they are dropping serious cash on the star wars thing and spent some cash on TSM, i'm thinking that might be putting a bunch of other stuff that needs love on hold for a while.

Marc Davis Fan

I'm skeptical of changes WDW's ToT bringing about an improvement. Everything works together so perfectly in the existing experience/story, that it's really "more perfect" than perhaps any other theme park attraction in history. Although I'm usually glad to hear about enhancements (e.g., better abominable snowmen in the Matterhorn, Hatbox Ghost in DL's Mansion, staircase scene in WDW's Mansion), tampering with something that works almost inexplicably well seems like a bad idea. It's like George Lucas tampering with the original Star Wars trilogy. Improving the quality of sound/lighting/effects to enhance their original purpose should be the limit here, IMHO. In terms of substantive changes, I really hope this one stays on the "historic preservation" list, so to speak.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I'm guessing it might be a bit of "rome wasn't built in a day". Now I know all the experts will chime in about how easy it would be to update the ride cheaply but they are dropping serious cash on the star wars thing and spent some cash on TSM, i'm thinking that might be putting a bunch of other stuff that needs love on hold for a while.
I’m sure they have some more cash.

Orlando’s Tower is in desperate need of TLC. It has been for years. They just refuse to do it. Even before Uncle Phil arrived.

Magenta Panther

Orlando’s Tower is in desperate need of TLC. It has been for years. They just refuse to do it. Even before Uncle Phil arrived.

But WHY? Why are they cutting corners on basic upkeep? Who makes such dumbass decisions? Since TDO has given up on the Guardian atrocity for Florida's Tower, why don't they just go ahead and spend some money on one of the best rides the Imagineers ever built?

Chef Mickey

Quick question. What the heck is the refurb they are doing currently or have done recently? Was it ONLY mechanical? Certainly seemed to have many show issues when I rode during 4th of July and I evidently rose the side that was “done.”

Tom Morrow

This is worth discussing here because of the dire state the show quality the WDW ToT is in. Also I wonder if these "story enhancements" mean removal of the Twilight Zone IP while keeping the story.

I hope not at the expense of other non consenting waiting guests.

:rolleyes: One vehicle will not have a noticeable effect on your wait time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom