New Seven Seas Lagoon Resort

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
To briefly touch on the Mediterranean Resort again - Here's several maps from the 1991 proposal- this one made it pretty far through the permitting process and included a monorail station:

lOWDBgB.jpg

CIKWbQB.jpg

eCxZwkK.jpg

2uiLTrV.jpg

Images are from the documents in this SFWMD Filing:
http://my.sfwmd.gov/ePermitting/SearchPermit.do?issuingAgency=SFWMD&applicationNo=901010-8
That was around the time they abandoned near all monorail plans...realizing it was a longterm loss
Have you actually been to Grand Destino?
I’ve been too several JW Marriotts and a bunch of holiday inns...does that count?
I like this thread. Even if it's ultimately all just speculation I love the idea of the hotels that never were along SSL possibly making a comeback in some form or another. I feel like at least one more resort wouldn't clutter the MK area too much. I think MK deserves another option for people looking to stay right next to the magic.

As an aside, I remember hearing a rumor (and it could be complete made up BS, but never hurts to talk about I suppose) that there is a concept for a boutique Mickey Mouse hotel that would be very garish and cartoony in it's interior and exterior design (example - door handles are Mickey's white gloves, etc, something almost Toon Townish) Any mustard on this cheese sandwich?

Love you all
The option would be a new DVC. There is no proven need for anything else in Florida.
Even nice people can leave cryptic clues. (6)
or make it their m.o.
If love a Persian/middle eastern themed resort. That architecture is some of the oldest and imo, most beautiful in the world
It would go over like a lead balloon. The price would be high and they would rock half the occupancy of the poly and contemporary. How do I know?

There’s an example already in Florida where the internal data told the tale of non-“western” theme. The conclusions were undeniable.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but they haven't built anything on the plot of land originally slated to hold the Venetian resort (between the Contemporary and the Transportation and Ticket Center). The reason pretty much rules out anything here in the near future... the ground is unsuitable for building any kind of large structure here. That seems to be the only substantial room left on the Seven Seas Lagoon, unless they can fit something on that narrow piece of land immediately north of the Grand Floridian.
I was gonna mention that...

They can sure up that ground for sure...the bay lake tower plot wasn’t great either. But why do that?

There simply is not enough demand for this. They will pick their spots on DVC much more closely. Makes way more sense at fort wilderness...and Caribbean (except putting that high priced stuff there is a joke) and on the existing plots near the poly and grand.

This doesn’t make sense from an economics standpoint

And they’re trying to reduce crowds...right...don’t forget that flaming poo in a bag excuse 🤪
Yes, the timeless beauty of a stucco box with repeated punched openings.
You mean like Vegas?

the.dreamfinder

Yes, the timeless beauty of a stucco box with repeated punched openings.
At least it looks better than the new UNI towers!
I was gonna mention that...

They can sure up that ground for sure...the bay lake tower plot wasn’t great either. But why do that?

There simply is not enough demand for this. They will pick their spots on DVC much more closely. Makes way more sense at fort wilderness...and Caribbean (except putting that high priced stuff there is a joke) and on the existing plots near the poly and grand.

This doesn’t make sense from an economics standpoint

And they’re trying to reduce crowds...right...don’t forget that flaming poo in a bag excuse 🤪

You mean like Vegas?
If Disney didn’t have to pay down the Fox debt or stock buybacks, they should return to more affordable pricing for the resorts across the board. I’d stay at a monorail resort if it was $250-300/night.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

If Disney didn’t have to pay down the Fox debt or stock buybacks, they should return to more affordable pricing for the resorts across the board. I’d stay at a monorail resort if it was $250-300/night.
Lol...I love you’re idealism.

That’s what they charge for port orleans. And will pop century in 2 years or less.

They don’t want “that kind” in “that neighborhood”

Pay more or be left behind

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They want white trash with money.
Well...not to be blunt but that has been their core for along time...especially Florida.

What gets me about the “luxury” nonsense - in fact somebody did it today - is that it’s not their clientele.

There’s an apologist myth (just excuses for price increases because they don’t want to outwardly support the problem) that your average “Disney joe”
Says: “hmmm...should we go out to our place on the vineyard this weekend, or go play shinnecock in the hamptons? ...or take JetBlue down to buy a $600 contemporary room and wait on the curb on Main Street for 2 hours before the fireworks?”

It’s laughable. Wdw is not a “luxury” destination. It’s character buffets and chicken fingers. Their clientele has always been “rough around the edges” new money and hard working middle class.

They’ve declared war on one group...the other’s day is coming

Hcalvert

We're staying at WL-Copper Creek for 8 nights and BLT for 6 nights for about $275/night in June 2020--a total of $3840 for 14 nights. Of course, we rented points. I am not too thrilled about BLT, but couldn't afford Poly's points and the person I rented from only had 150 CC points available.

Andrew M

Renting points is the way to go.

It really is. We have been looking into/on the fence about DVC for a while after renting a few times, but between the yearly dues and limited availability at non-home resorts, we decided to stick to renting points. You get the benefits of a great price with no long term commitment.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It really is. We have been looking into/on the fence about DVC for a while after renting a few times, but between the yearly dues and limited availability at non-home resorts, we decided to stick to renting points. You get the benefits of a great price with no long term commitment.
...depends on how often you go and how low the resells go during a recession 😉

Andrew M

...depends on how often you go and how low the resells go during a recession 😉
That's true, nice work! If I was able to get the benefits with some of those low resales like you could awhile ago, I'd do that in a second. Getting access to the Gold AP and paying under $100/pt would definitely tip the scales in the right direction. But between no resale benefits and having to buy 5 R/T flights from NY each time we would go, it doesn't make sense.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That's true, nice work! If I was able to get the benefits with some of those low resales like you could awhile ago, I'd do that in a second. Getting access to the Gold AP and paying under $100/pt would definitely tip the scales in the right direction. But between no resale benefits and having to buy 5 R/T flights from NY each time we would go, it doesn't make sense.
Truth be told...I bought it direct when it was $73 a point.

But I would consider a dump resell now. But it isn’t a buyers market currently.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom