News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

Rteetz

4D3E8E57-B354-499D-9739-7A19524F0A5A.jpeg
E5F68173-C622-45D0-8F1F-C877E92D8CBC.jpeg

KingdomofDreams

Anybody seen a projected completion date for the entrance projects at AK, the TTC and Epcot? Obviously, Epcot will be a mass of construction beyond the entrance for years, but I am curious about the entrance areas specifically.

GlacierGlacier

Anybody seen a projected completion date for the entrance projects at AK, the TTC and Epcot? Obviously, Epcot will be a mass of construction beyond the entrance for years, but I am curious about the entrance areas specifically.
Most of the permits were filed to expire around about a year after commencement, if I recall correctly - @danlb_2000 has more information on this.

note2001

Most of the permits were filed to expire around about a year after commencement, if I recall correctly - @danlb_2000 has more information on this.
Yes, but have we ever been able to count on the permit expiration dates to show the date of completion of any Disney project?
It's easy and cheap enough for them to file an extension, I doubt they've ever been denied one.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Yes, but have we ever been able to count on the permit expiration dates to show the date of completion of any Disney project?
It's easy and cheap enough for them to file an extension, I doubt they've ever been denied one.

Expiration dates are not an exact science, but at times they can help understand the length of a project. Extensions are pretty rare and tend to only happen when something has gone really wrong and extended the timeline.

As for the entrance projects, I have not had a chance to dig up the permits for them.

note2001

Expiration dates are not an exact science, but at times they can help understand the length of a project. Extensions are pretty rare and tend to only happen when something has gone really wrong and extended the timeline.

As for the entrance projects, I have not had a chance to dig up the permits for them.
Thanks for the reply. No rush - Disney's going to get it all done in their own due time anyway. Watched pots y'know. :)

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Friday, July 19, 2019. With this amount of rebar, this will be a substantial wall. However, based on the surrounding ground level (see level of the ground drain on opposite side of this wall through the opening in the concrete form), perhaps most of this wall may be below the ground level, with only a portion above.

IMG_1624.JPG

Last edited:

hpyhnt 1000

Photo update as of Friday, July 19, 2019. With this amount of rebar, this will be a substantial wall. However, based on the surrounding ground level (see level of the ground drain on opposite side of this wall through the opening in the concrete form), perhaps most of this wall may be below the ground level, with only a portion above.

View attachment 391490

I suspect the final product will be very similar to the new tram loop at DHS where this new wall (looks like it's intended to be a vehicle barrier) is incorporated into a landscape area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom