Dressy restaurants

NYwdwfan

How many restaurants besides Victoria and Albert's have a dress code. Need to know how many dresses, tights and dress shoes to pack for daughter.
How old is your daughter and how hot will it be when you are going? I’d recommend packing a nice pair of white sneakers (slip on Vans/Keds) and skipping the tights and shoes if she is going to be doing any walking before/after the restaurant.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
This really only applies for resort restaurants (and not many at that). The parks are very lenient with dress codes (If they even have them at all). Not too many people are going to be walking around in 90 degree weather in shorts, a tshirt, and sneakers - to then go back to their hotel to change into fancier clothes for LeCellier. I'v eaten there wearing flip-flops.

Lensman

This really only applies for resort restaurants (and not many at that). The parks are very lenient with dress codes (If they even have them at all). Not too many people are going to be walking around in 90 degree weather in shorts, a tshirt, and sneakers - to then go back to their hotel to change into fancier clothes for LeCellier. I'v eaten there wearing flip-flops.
I agree, though there is still an outstanding question about the new restaurant in the Japan pavilion at Epcot, Takumi-tei:
Men must wear khakis, slacks or dress shorts and collared shirts. Jeans may be worn if in good condition. Sport coats are optional.

Women must wear Capri pants, skirts, dresses or dress shorts. Jeans may be worn if in good condition.

Not permitted are tank tops, flip-flops, swimsuits, swimsuit cover-ups, hats for gentlemen, cut-offs, torn clothing and t-shirts with offensive language and/or graphics.
I feel like they adjusted this recently to add in that dress shorts are allowed...

What are dress shorts? Are they just Bermuda shorts or khaki shorts? If those are dress shorts, what are non-dress shorts?

You can guess that I don't have any non-dress shorts other than my running shorts and my knit pajama shorts. Maybe I just answered my own question... the shorts that my wife doesn't want to be seen in public. :)

Last edited:

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I agree, though there is still an outstanding question about the new restaurant in the Japan pavilion at Epcot, Takumi-tei:

I feel like they adjust this recently to add in that dress shorts are allowed...

What are dress shorts? Are they just Bermuda shorts or khaki shorts? If those are dress shorts, what are non-dress shorts?

You can guess that I don't have any non-dress shorts other than my running shorts and my knit pajama shorts. Maybe I just answered my own question... the shorts that my wife doesn't want to be seen in public. :)

I'm not the poster you quoted but I just figured I'd put in my two cents lol.

I still stand by ANYTHING in the parks is theme park attire.
I really don't see how Disney could enforce a dress code for an in park restaurant.

As for what dress shorts are vs non dress shorts.
Twill of any color knee length non cargo are dress shorts.
Cargo shorts, jean shorts, gym shorts.... are non dress shorts. (Based on my Associates Degree in fashion)

Jon81uk

I feel like they adjusted this recently to add in that dress shorts are allowed...

That’s been the signature dress code for a few years.
Dress shorts are khaki shorts or similar.

Jon81uk

Outside of V&A, there is no dress code... Saw some dope in swimming trunks and a wife beater at the Yachtsman Steakhouse. Disney has done an excellent job of allowing their guest to ruin the atmospheres

That's not quite right, there is a dress-code its just not being enforced properly. The greeter should have 100% sent that guest away as they definitely were not meeting the dress code.

Jon81uk

I hear you but they don't enforce it at all... That is just one extreme situation....

I agree, and while there are some occasions it doesn't make sense to enforce it (like good jeans shorts etc) there are others (particularly tank tops / wife beaters) where it really must be enforced.

Weather_Lady

If you're going to a signature, non-V&A restaurant (the dress codes are set forth on each restaurant web page), you really just need a step above regular park attire - like what one might wear to play golf. When we dined at California Grill (which ended up being a giant disappointment - that's a whole 'nother story - but we dressed properly for it anyway), my daughter and I wore dressy sundresses/rompers (we could have worn dress shorts or capris and still been dress-code compliant), and DH and my son wore Bermuda shorts with polos. We all had Teva-style sandals (new and clean) on our feet, since we were walking around MK before and after. Most others in the restaurant were dressed similarly and a few (especially those celebrating special occasions) were even more fancy.

The only blatant violations of the published dress code that we saw were a couple of middle-aged men in athletic sneakers (they were otherwise dressed up, and I suspect they had foot issues that required the sneakers) and a couple of teens who slouched around in track pants and tank tops. Although they obviously were let in, I've also read tales on this board of inappropriately-dressed people being denied entry to signature restaurants, which is why we did our best to ensure that we were compliant.

correcaminos

It is close.... But I agree
My husband does cargo more, but he's more of the outdoorsy type anyway. Fits that style - plus with the newer styles the pockets aren't bulky (and neither is the fabric) so they aren't as bad as they used to be. I'm glad he went that way over my brother who has some of the most hideous plaids I've ever seen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom