What are you favorite things about the Disneyland Resort?

Snow Queen

The lovely spots to sit and watch the crowd while eating or needing a break. Some favourites being: Outside the Jolly Holiday Bakery, Bengal Barbecue, patio of Red Rose Tavern, Flo's patio, Smoke Jumper's Grill and the Paradise Garden Grill.

The music loops. I love the youtube channels that put them up online, thanks to them I've got quite a few hours. The esplanade loop always gets me in a positive mood, but I think I'd list Fantasyland as my absolute favourite. Also find myself regularly going back to Buena Vista Street, Tower of Terror's lobby and boiler room and Grizzly Peak Airfield quite often. I know someone who's been putting together an incredibly long playlist of music from around the parks for the last 15 years, I really need to see if I can get that off them someday.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

I love that everytime I walk into Disneyland I no longer feel like I am in California or any other part of the world or the united states. it feels like i walked into a world cut off from everything else in the world. it always brings a smile to my face when i come out from under the train track tunnel and see mainstreet and i get the smells and sounds of mainstreet instantly. i love i cant see planes overhead. it is like it is frozen in time. plus i love love love the haunted mansion sooo much.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Oh and I love New Orleans Square. To me it is the most beautiful part of the park. There is soo much detail to take in, the food there is fantasic, the shops are delightful, the music in the land is great plus the live bands there are amazing. It is sooo calming to be there and just bask in it. you get a beautiful view of The Rivers of America from it.

Phroobar

Original Poster
What I like about California Adventure is relaxing next to the fountain in Buena Vista street and watching the streetmophere characters and the people walking to their destination. I like the three pig cafe and looking at the pictures on the wall. It has great atmosphere. I love Smokejumpers grill and the toppings bar. It's nice to make a side salad from them. I like sitting outside near the monorail track and watching the cats beg for food. I have a good time walking the rope bridges and sliding down the slides with the kids on the wilderness trail. We like to put our hand on the print in the cave and see what kind of spirit animal we have. I like the trails in that area and the one that goes around Grizzly River Rapids. I enjoy listening to the music around Soarin' and looking at the airplane and pilot pictures.

I love riding the Golden Zeypher in the front seat. The beer garden usually has some kind of live band playing. California Screaming is a fun looping coaster. I enjoy the helix at the end and the music. I'm a sucker for any dark ride and love to ride Little Mermaid every time I'm there. World of Color is fun to try to get a front row seat and get wet during the performances. I enjoy the mexican food restaurant over the bridge. I like to get free chocolate over at Ghirardelli and like looking at the bakery machines and their little dough conveyor belt. Occasionally we will get a Sunday over at Ghirardellis. Yummy!

I love Carsland and it's mountain views! The town is fun to walk down and I like to look at the Radiator Springs model in one of the shops. I like Mater's Junkyard and RSR. I like to eat at Flo's and watch the cars race by.

Over in Hollywood land, I love spending time in the Animation building. It's fun to just sit and watch the screens and listen to the music. Turtle Talk can be fun if they get the right kid to ask the right questions. The Sorcerer's workshop is pretty amazing and unique. The Beast's library is very atmospheric. I miss Ursula's Grotto and lending my voice to Disney movies. Monster's Inc is one of my favorite dark rides in the resort. I like the smell of ginger.

Rich T

All the Fantasyland Dark Rides, Casey Jr., and the authentic sound of the carousel and its unique take on classic film songs. The fact that there's a huge, mean-looking whale sitting right there, scary eye opening and closing, mouth gaping, beside a beautiful flower bed (and sometimes live baby ducks) and it's a perfectly normal sight in Disneyland. The Alice exterior music loop. The entire exterior of the Alice ride and the fact that it looks good again after the permanent safety rail additions. The wonderful Mad Tea Party music that somehow doesn't get annoying to guests, but makes you feel really sorry for the ride operators.

Everything designed by Mary Blair (Small World and the Alice leaves!!!) and Rolly Crump (the tiki gods and the HM gargoyle poles!!!) The sound of the Small World Clock ticking away.

Non-overlay Space Mtn. The Railroad. Jungle Cruise. The amazing, epic ride length of Pirates of the Caribbean. Non-Holiday HM. Big Thunder and it's wonderful out-of-control-feeling helix around Spiral Butte. All the involuntary whoops and yells guests make on Indy. Splash Mountain's exterior. Hearing the Abominable Snowman's roar from outside the ride.

Over at DCA, Cars Land at night. Sitting on the patio at Flo's. The Motown girl-group music inside Flo's. Chocolate milk shakes at Ghirardelli.

Most of all, it's the fact that my family and I still have a blast together every time we go. It sounds corny, but it's true: It's all the memories we make and the decades of memories we've built from our yearly trips to Disneyland. Thanks, Walt.

mickEblu

All the Fantasyland Dark Rides, Casey Jr., and the authentic sound of the carousel and its unique take on classic film songs. The fact that there's a huge, mean-looking whale sitting right there, scary eye opening and closing, mouth gaping, beside a beautiful flower bed (and sometimes live baby ducks) and it's a perfectly normal sight in Disneyland. The Alice exterior music loop. The entire exterior of the Alice ride and the fact that it looks good again after the permanent safety rail additions. The wonderful Mad Tea Party music that somehow doesn't get annoying to guests, but makes you feel really sorry for the ride operators.

Everything designed by Mary Blair (Small World and the Alice leaves!!!) and Rolly Crump (the tiki gods and the HM gargoyle poles!!!) The sound of the Small World Clock ticking away.

Non-overlay Space Mtn. The Railroad. Jungle Cruise. The amazing, epic ride length of Pirates of the Caribbean. Non-Holiday HM. Big Thunder and it's wonderful out-of-control-feeling helix around Spiral Butte. All the involuntary whoops and yells guests make on Indy. Splash Mountain's exterior. Hearing the Abominable Snowman's roar from outside the ride.

Over at DCA, Cars Land at night. Sitting on the patio at Flo's. The Motown girl-group music inside Flo's. Chocolate milk shakes at Ghirardelli.

Most of all, it's the fact that my family and I still have a blast together every time we go. It sounds corny, but it's true: It's all the memories we make and the decades of memories we've built from our yearly trips to Disneyland. Thanks, Walt.

You brought up a few good ones I forgot to put in my post. How could I forget to include Alices exterior, the Mad Tea party music loop, the Small World ticking clock and the Abominable snowman’s growl - which unfortunately was one of the downgrades (Along with the London scene in Peter Pans Flight) of the 60th additions. They turned that growl so low and mixed it in with the new growl. It used to be so loud and you could hear it very clearly all around the base of the Matterhorn. It’s up there with the Train Station announcements for me as one of the most nostalgic sounds at DL. I was bummed when they changed it for the 60th.

Oh ya the outside of BTMRR where it makes that turn over that pond is fantastic.

Last edited:

Jedi Stitch

Disneyland- There is something euphoric when I see the plaque above the train tunnel "Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy", then step out of the tunnel onto Main street. The moment when you clear the square and then look down main to see the castle. Getting a dole whip during the afternoon heat and finding a nice cool spot to enjoy it. New Orleans Square, the Pirates, the Manson, the food, the little venders that line the alley and street around club 33. Exploring TSI, to me Injun Joe's Cave will always be injun Joe's cave, I swear I always here his moan over the wind. Tea cups in Fantasy land. Harold in Matterhorn. Always love Autotopia, Star Tours and Space Mountain. Taking the train around the park, and seeing the dinosaurs. Love chilling near the train station behind autotopia, you get the train, monorail, the cars, tomorrow land music all at once. Love great moment with Mr Lincoln. Another great AC rest stop.

Disneyland Hotel- I love every time I have been their I have had random interactions from costumed cast members. Last time it was Goofy, my all time favorite. Well, Stitch is becoming my favorite, but Goofy is dear to my heart. Once, we must have shown up just as multi CM meet n greet just finished, because we got pictures from, Donald, Daisey, Chip N Dale and Pluto just before they disappered off stage.

Calafornia Adventure- Last august was my first time. Carsland of Radiator springs is just fun. The tree shaded benches near the restrooms, are just so people watching perfect relaxing. Grizley river run and condor flats just brings me back to the good old days of the family road trips in the Ford LTD Station Wagon.

Phroobar

Original Poster
I really like the popcorn slaves.

popcornAbom2.jpg
popcornHaunt.jpg

BraveGirl

I'm normally a WDW-goer but there are some things about DL that I enjoy so much more!

-The old fastpass system! I hate the online reservations, having to plan out my rides 60 days in advance, the lack of ability to be spontaneous, etc that come with the FP+ reservation system. I miss when WDW had paper FPs and I love that DL still does. I think the option to add Max Pass is the BEST compromise for those who don't enjoy the thrill of running through the park for FPs and I wish they would do that at WDW

-How close everything is! I took my two young children to DL by myself and it was a breeze being able to walk back to our hotel midday for a nap. Waiting for buses and loading sleeping children and strollers onto them is a struggle. I Love, love, love being able to walk between parks and Downtown Disney (I also love that it's still called Downtown Disney there!), and back to my hotel.

-The plethora of inexpensive off-site hotels within walking distance. I paid pennies to stay offsite compared to disney hotel rates, and my hotel was actually closer to the park entrances than Paradise Pier.

-Fantasmic. After seeing it in Disneyland, I refuse to waste time time seeing the WDW version. The teeny tiny boat is so lame in comparison!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom