News Happy 64th Disneyland!

truecoat

How does that change my anticipation? Most of the time I forget they’re even building a land in DCA.

D23.jpg

mickEblu

The parents and grandparents of future APs. These are the people responsible for addicting their children to Disney.

No actually it’s the people that are at home at the time this picture was taken that are responsible for APs. I went to Disneyland once, maybe twice a year when I was a kid. Which meant a Disneyland trip was special. My son has gone to Disneyland more in his first 3.5 years of life than I did in my first 20. I imagine he’ll be so sick of it by the time he’s 10. So you’re welcome. I’m doing my part to ensure the next generation hates Disneyland so we Gen X’ers / Xennials can enjoy the park when we re senior citizens. It’s all an elaborate plan really.

Last edited:

mickEblu

How does that change my anticipation? Most of the time I forget they’re even building a land in DCA.

My enthusiasm for DCA lowers every day. I’ve realized it’s happened gradually since The Great TOT massacre of 2016. Then Pixar Pier. Then the news of the watered down Spider-Man/ Marvel Land. Their are still things I enjoy about the park but not enough to spend any real time over there when Disneyland is across the esplanade. Their aren’t enough family friendly attractions for those of us with kids. By family friendly, I mean adult friendly but scary for kids but they can still get on it. Like POTC and HM. If you have a child under 40 inches there really is no good reason for you to be at DCA. I only go when I’m with a large group or on the rare occasion I don’t bring my son so I can get a mini thrill fix with Screamin/ GOTG:MB or ride or go on Soarin. I hardly ever go on GRR even though I enjoy it because rare is the occasion when I’m willing to risk getting soaked. RSR is almost never on my radar unless I’m with some day guests who want to go. TSMM isn’t even enjoyable right now with those dark screens.

Last edited:

TROR

My enthusiasm for DCA lowers every day. I’ve realized it’s happened gradually since the Great TOT massacre of 2016. Then Pixar Pier. Then the news of the watered down Spider-Man/ Marvel Land. Their are still things I enjoy about the park but not enough to spend any real time over there when Disneyland is across the esplanade. Their aren’t enough family friendly attractions for those of us with kids. By family friendly, I mean adult friendly but scary for kids but they can still get on it. Like POTC and HM. If you have a child under 40 inches there really is no good reason for you to be at DCA. I only go when I’m with a large group or on the rare occasion I don’t bring my son so I can get a mini thrill fix with Screamin/ GOTG:MB or ride or go on Soarin. I hardly ever go on GRR even though I enjoy it because rare is the occasion when I’m willing to risk getting soaked. RSR is almost never on my radar unless I’m with some day guests who want to go. TSMM isn’t even enjoyable right now with those dark screens.
If I ever find myself back in DCA, however unlikely, all I'll go on are GRR, RSR, Soarin, and maybe Screamin, three of which have SR. It really cuts down on how much time I spend over there which means I have more time to spend at Disneyland.

Phroobar

No actually it’s the people that are at home at the time this picture was taken that are responsible for APs. I went to Disneyland once, maybe twice a year when I was a kid. Which meant a Disneyland trip was special. My son has gone to Disneyland more in his first 3.5 years of life than I did in my first 20. I imagine he’ll be so sick of it by the time he’s 10. So you’re welcome. I’m doing my part to ensure the next generation hates Disneyland so we Gen X’ers / Xennials can enjoy the park when we re senior citizens. It’s all an elaborate plan really.
Well you know it's time to stop going to Disneyland when the kids would rather do homework or chores.

Phroobar

Haha I Remember to you saying that happened with your kids. So have they enough of a break? Do they want to go back?
They wouldn't mind a day trip but wouldn't want to have passes again. They've moved on to other things. The teenager likes to go to Knotts with her friends for the day. She can't wait until summer is over because Knotts is packed!

mickEblu

They wouldn't mind a day trip but wouldn't want to have passes again. They've moved on to other things. The teenager likes to go to Knotts with her friends for the day. She can't wait until summer is over because Knotts is packed!

I’ve been wanting to go to Knotts. It’s been years. Looks like I’ll have to wait until summer is over too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom