WDW After the 50th?

Tank Man

Original Poster
I believe that after the 50th Disney will do something to improve as there always is something to improve. Disney can do an infinite number of things but I am going to number a few:
-Space Mountain refurb [possible]​
The iconic Disney coaster is probably on the most loved and just closing it without something to eat up the crowds is not smart as it is a centerpiece attraction. But after the 50th and the Tron coaster would have opened, another centerpiece ride. It could eat up some crowds as they can fix SM into the DL version or at least a better one with more capacity where they could possibly turn it into a launcher with asteroids and a few inversions like Mission 2 in Paris. It needs some attention and they could have limited time events through the projections.​
-Future World closing [very possible]​
By this time Innoventions would be gone and after the crowds are gone Disney could start the Future World remake and might close West first as the main E-tickets are there and they could keep the land open until the Seas and Imagination are fixed.​
-PotC redo [unknown]​
I believe Disney should see WDW as the big Disney resort which should have the best of the best attractions and Pirates needs that. Pirates was built quickly and they removed lots from the better Disneyland version. Even though it is a popular attraction still, it needs some fixing. They could completely redo as they can use lots of space and maybe make a much more advanced version from DL or do the one in Shanghai. A problem is that the PotC franchise might be over so a traditional ride based off of the OG ride, not the movie could help more. They could use a new ride to bring Pirates back but I don’t see that happening. They could just leave it be as it is a popular attraction still.​
-Wreck-it Ralph ride [possible]​
This one has been a proper rumor. People believe it would replace where Stitch was and it would use the theaters for a video game like ride. Don’t know much on this but it is possible.​
-Main Street Theatre [unlikely]​
Disney is well known for canceling ideas after confirming them and this theatre sadly was. I thought of it as a movie theatre where they show Disney movies but I also thought it might have been planned to be a place where they show films through plays (I saw a Lion King play when it was near me). I think going to a expensive theme park just to watch a movie might be pointless unless it is in a play version like the Lion King one in AK. It could have just been a movie theatre but I see this still happening as (out of what I know) they never confirmed on cancelling it, they just stopped working on it. It could be a later project.​
-Wakanda Pavilion [unlikely]​
As a marvel fan I freaked when I heard this but I don’t see this happening as there is no proof of this. People think Disney is trading the theme park rights for Aliens for Black Panther, this could work as the superhero could get a pavilion in Epcot for a show and Aliens could replace MIB but I don’t see this happening. Universal might change superhero island to use the more popular characters as it just prints money now as marvel gets more popular. Could happen but I not see it happening.​
-Brazilian Pavilion [likely]​
I don’t have much info besides the rumor that the Donald ride will be replaced with Coco as the duck and his friends move to a steak house in Brazil. I don’t see this happening as I guess the next one will happen.​
-Switzerland Pavilion [likely]​
I see this happening. A famous ride at DL, the Matterhorn could get pushed into Epcot as it does not take up to much space. The Matterhorn is a popular attraction at DL and it could bring more people into World showcase because of the tall mountain. I want this to happen but the AK ride Expedition Everest takes that spot but we shall see and wait.​
-Star Wars Hotel [unknown]​
People think this fancy hotel will not be ready by 2021, I see it happening by early 2022 which is in the 50th year time span so I don’t see this being on this list.​
-RNRC replacement [likely]​
In DHS the launch coaster is a blast with its amazing music but we all know the rumor of it running into a scattered IP, I want this to not happen as this coaster is lots of fun but it looks like it is going to happen if it is to fit in with the new DHS idea of the movies, not how to make them.​
-Tomorrowland Overhaul [very likely]​
This is going on right now as the sign has disappeared as the land in MK is getting a new color scheme to prep for the Tron coaster but the rest (new rides, etc.) probably won’t come until after the 50th as the famous and iconic land is in trouble but the DL one is also in that. I assume a Space Mountain refurb will take place during this. Bob Iger has even confirmed that the Imagineers are working hard on it during a press conference. I will look for that later and have a link.​
-New AK land [unknown]​
AK has been doing well since Pandora opened but people think a new land to the park may come soon. I think DHS and Epcot are getting more attention though. People think Dinoland will become Indiana Jones [unlikely] and Beastly Kingdom which I think could happen but what MK did was they hardly added new lands because the park was doing fine by itself but AK is now doing that and Disney might add a few new things but in a longer time span as it is doing better and is stable. We could still get some new rides but huge major inclusions.​
Any thoughts?​

Tank Man

Original Poster
The news and rumors section is not for armchair imagineering or guessing. You’re more than welcome to do that, but it needs to be in the armchair imagineering forum or the wdw general discussion forum. NOT clogging up the news and rumors forums with your ideas and guesses
Isn’t this on the General discussion,
I was guessing/discussing this
If I were armchair imagineering it would be very different where I go into more detail,
I am working on an Epcot armchair imagineering which will go into serious detail
I am pretty sure I put this in discussion not news, if I did then sorry, it might have been a mistake

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Isn’t this on the General discussion,
I was guessing/discussing this
If I were armchair imagineering it would be very different where I go into more detail,
I am working on an Epcot armchair imagineering which will go into serious detail
I am pretty sure I put this in discussion not news, if I did then sorry, it might have been a mistake

And you wonder how certain sites and thier publishers get a poor reputation as baseless clickbait ? This is how.

Tank Man

Original Poster
And you wonder how certain sites and thier publishers get a poor reputation as baseless clickbait ? This is how.
It says it is in General Discussion,
I sometimes put my stuff in the one that it should be then it runs out it is not.
820B94B7-555B-4D03-8C29-31F51EAEBF03.jpeg

It says it is in discussion

act2306

-Wreck-it Ralph ride [possible]This one has been a proper rumor. People believe it would replace where Stitch was and it would use the theaters for a video game like ride. Don’t know much on this but it is possible.

Just curious how a theater becomes a ride?
And I'm out!

espov

I believe that after the 50th Disney will do something to improve as there always is something to improve. Disney can do an infinite number of things but I am going to number a few:
-Space Mountain refurb [possible]​
The iconic Disney coaster is probably on the most loved and just closing it without something to eat up the crowds is not smart as it is a centerpiece attraction. But after the 50th and the Tron coaster would have opened, another centerpiece ride. It could eat up some crowds as they can fix SM into the DL version or at least a better one with more capacity where they could possibly turn it into a launcher with asteroids and a few inversions like Mission 2 in Paris. It needs some attention and they could have limited time events through the projections.​
-Future World closing [very possible]​
By this time Innoventions would be gone and after the crowds are gone Disney could start the Future World remake and might close West first as the main E-tickets are there and they could keep the land open until the Seas and Imagination are fixed.​
-PotC redo [unknown]​
I believe Disney should see WDW as the big Disney resort which should have the best of the best attractions and Pirates needs that. Pirates was built quickly and they removed lots from the better Disneyland version. Even though it is a popular attraction still, it needs some fixing. They could completely redo as they can use lots of space and maybe make a much more advanced version from DL or do the one in Shanghai. A problem is that the PotC franchise might be over so a traditional ride based off of the OG ride, not the movie could help more. They could use a new ride to bring Pirates back but I don’t see that happening. They could just leave it be as it is a popular attraction still.​
-Wreck-it Ralph ride [possible]​
This one has been a proper rumor. People believe it would replace where Stitch was and it would use the theaters for a video game like ride. Don’t know much on this but it is possible.​
-Main Street Theatre [unlikely]​
Disney is well known for canceling ideas after confirming them and this theatre sadly was. I thought of it as a movie theatre where they show Disney movies but I also thought it might have been planned to be a place where they show films through plays (I saw a Lion King play when it was near me). I think going to a expensive theme park just to watch a movie might be pointless unless it is in a play version like the Lion King one in AK. It could have just been a movie theatre but I see this still happening as (out of what I know) they never confirmed on cancelling it, they just stopped working on it. It could be a later project.​
-Wakanda Pavilion [unlikely]​
As a marvel fan I freaked when I heard this but I don’t see this happening as there is no proof of this. People think Disney is trading the theme park rights for Aliens for Black Panther, this could work as the superhero could get a pavilion in Epcot for a show and Aliens could replace MIB but I don’t see this happening. Universal might change superhero island to use the more popular characters as it just prints money now as marvel gets more popular. Could happen but I not see it happening.​
-Brazilian Pavilion [likely]​
I don’t have much info besides the rumor that the Donald ride will be replaced with Coco as the duck and his friends move to a steak house in Brazil. I don’t see this happening as I guess the next one will happen.​
-Switzerland Pavilion [likely]​
I see this happening. A famous ride at DL, the Matterhorn could get pushed into Epcot as it does not take up to much space. The Matterhorn is a popular attraction at DL and it could bring more people into World showcase because of the tall mountain. I want this to happen but the AK ride Expedition Everest takes that spot but we shall see and wait.​
-Star Wars Hotel [unknown]​
People think this fancy hotel will not be ready by 2021, I see it happening by early 2022 which is in the 50th year time span so I don’t see this being on this list.​
-RNRC replacement [likely]​
In DHS the launch coaster is a blast with its amazing music but we all know the rumor of it running into a scattered IP, I want this to not happen as this coaster is lots of fun but it looks like it is going to happen if it is to fit in with the new DHS idea of the movies, not how to make them.​
-Tomorrowland Overhaul [very likely]​
This is going on right now as the sign has disappeared as the land in MK is getting a new color scheme to prep for the Tron coaster but the rest (new rides, etc.) probably won’t come until after the 50th as the famous and iconic land is in trouble but the DL one is also in that. I assume a Space Mountain refurb will take place during this. Bob Iger has even confirmed that the Imagineers are working hard on it during a press conference. I will look for that later and have a link.​
-New AK land [unknown]​
AK has been doing well since Pandora opened but people think a new land to the park may come soon. I think DHS and Epcot are getting more attention though. People think Dinoland will become Indiana Jones [unlikely] and Beastly Kingdom which I think could happen but what MK did was they hardly added new lands because the park was doing fine by itself but AK is now doing that and Disney might add a few new things but in a longer time span as it is doing better and is stable. We could still get some new rides but huge major inclusions.​
Any thoughts?​
Sorry but Coco replacing Donald Duck in Mexico makes sense but where do you get Coco in Brazil? Two different countries, two different languages.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom