Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

NYwdwfan

So we had an eventful day yesterday. We were
On our way out of the house for a BBQ and my daughter remarks that she can’t find the dwarf hamster that we JUST got from my sister (cutest dang thing) in her cage. I went in figuring it was hiding in the mounds of bedding and noticed the side plug to the cage was pushed out. She was loose! And we have 2 dogs! The kids thought it was hilarious. I was really upset. We looked ALL over the living room but didn’t find it and knew it could literally be ANYWHERE in the house so went to our BBQ. When we got home I was determined to find this thing. So started in the living room and I looked inside every cabinet and under each section of the couch and when I shined the flashlight under the center of the small sectional I saw two ALIVE little eyes looking back at me. I called the kids and one kept their eyes on it and the other helped me take the couch apart and then we surrounded the piece she was under. Then I reached in and grabbed her. Put her back in the cage. Gave her some water and special treats. And duct taped those end caps on. Then I vacuumed under the couches.

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
Premium Member
On our way out of the house for a BBQ and my daughter remarks that she can’t find the dwarf hamster that we JUST got from my sister (cutest dang thing) in her cage. I went in figuring it was hiding in the mounds of bedding and noticed the side plug to the cage was pushed out. She was loose! And we have 2 dogs! The kids thought it was hilarious. I was really upset. We looked ALL over the living room but didn’t find it and knew it could literally be ANYWHERE in the house so went to our BBQ. When we got home I was determined to find this thing. So started in the living room and I looked inside every cabinet and under each section of the couch and when I shined the flashlight under the center of the small sectional I saw two ALIVE little eyes looking back at me. I called the kids and one kept their eyes on it and the other helped me take the couch apart and then we surrounded the piece she was under. Then I reached in and grabbed her. Put her back in the cage. Gave her some water and special treats. And duct taped those end caps on. Then I vacuumed under the couches.
If you got out the vacuum sooner, it might have been easier to catch the little runaway! :hilarious:

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I had an exciting day too. I enrolled for my next course; printed out the PDF textbook (chapter intros and recaps in colour/regular text in B&W); punched holes in the sheets; married the course text with my study notes; made chapter dividers; and got Chapter 1 done.

Summer of Jen, I’m telling ya.

PUSH

Original Poster
I had an exciting day too. I enrolled for my next course; printed out the PDF textbook (chapter intros and recaps in colour/regular text in B&W); punched holes in the sheets; married the course text with my study notes; made chapter dividers; and got Chapter 1 done.

Summer of Jen, I’m telling ya.
I think I have you both beat. I spent a few hours cutting and laminating. In fact, I've done at least three hours of cutting and laminating each day for the past three days. And I get to do probably another three hours today. Maybe some tomorrow, too. :cool:

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
In 1986, I was fresh from dropping out of University; bright eyed, and bushy tailed. When I first took these courses, I could calculate metes and bounds with my eyes closed and both arms tied behind my back.

Fast forward 30+ years and in Course #2, metes and bounds are back. Far less complex calculations, but I couldn’t get it to stick. Studied and studied, and finally just decided to concede the exam points. But yay, I will never deal with this carp again.

Fast forward 7 weeks to Course #4 (Real Property Law) and there’s my old nemesis ... right there on page 91. There could be anywhere from zero to two questions on the exam concerning metes and bounds. I got one question last time, and it was worth 2%. I got it wrong!

Let’s hope for zero questions this exam. 🤞

Last edited:

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
The weather is a bit more tolerable in NJ today.
Anyone else wish to report in on their weather?
‘Tis lovely.
AC is off, and I am holed up in the office with the fan on the lowest setting.

206743AD-B933-4E10-8C10-3A4F03B573F7.png

PS - The kids hate that I generally express warm temps in F. They have no idea what 80 means.
What can I tell you? Canada switched to metric when I was in grade 5. Some stuff was already entrenched. (I have no idea how many feet in a mile, but I could roughly convert feet to metres and multiply by 1600’ish.)

SteveBrickNJ

‘Tis lovely.
AC is off, and I am holed up in the office with the fan on the lowest setting.

View attachment 392208

PS - The kids hate that I generally express warm temps in F. They have no idea what 80 means.
What can I tell you? Canada switched to metric when I was in grade 5. Some stuff was already entrenched. (I have no idea how many feet in a mile, but I could roughly convert feet to metres and multiply by 1600’ish.)
11 days in Asia. All felt over 90F. Yet in the hotels I quickly got used to setting the a.c. thermostats in Celsius. 22C was the most common setting I used. Does that seem appropriate @JenniferS ?

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
11 days in Asia. All felt over 90F. Yet in the hotels I quickly got used to setting the a.c. thermostats in Celsius. 22C was the most common setting I used. Does that seem appropriate @JenniferS ?
If “room temperature” is deemed to be 70F, then the corresponding C temp is 21.

We even have a heating/air conditioning chain up here called 21 Degrees.

B39C33AB-02DD-4239-8474-0D24D9BE0B87.jpegB5A8809E-9738-4366-AA62-15E1FCAE6445.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom