Mission: SPACE redo

Tank Man

Original Poster
I have heard a rumor that MS will be going or refurbed, I think it could happen as that ride is a lost cause now and needs lots of help. If you have heard this then you know what I mean. I hope they change it where it has more of a MFSR at SWGE where guests ride in a six person shuttle (could be a dome shape like the pod on spaceships. It could use the same mission but with less motion and more journey through space. There will be two pilots, two gunners and two engineers. The pilots dodge and avoid stuff, the gunners shoot at things and can collect samples and the engineers do things on a separate screen to fix things. The vehicle is a similar shape to Falcon but with more “nowadays” tech. I don’t know what the layout could look but not much else will change so it could open by the 50th

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I have heard a rumor that MS will be going or refurbed, I think it could happen as that ride is a lost cause now and needs lots of help. If you have heard this then you know what I mean. I hope they change it where it has more of a MFSR at SWGE where guests ride in a six person shuttle (could be a dome shape like the pod on spaceships. It could use the same mission but with less motion and more journey through space. There will be two pilots, two gunners and two engineers. The pilots dodge and avoid stuff, the gunners shoot at things and can collect samples and the engineers do things on a separate screen to fix things. The vehicle is a similar shape to Falcon but with more “nowadays” tech. I don’t know what the layout could look but not much else will change so it could open by the 50th

Where did you hear this rumor?

wdwfan4ver

I am not buying this. They already changed the Green Team side and it does not make any sense doing a redo on an attraction that major changes in 2017.

Tank Man

Original Poster
I am not buying this. They already changed the Green Team side and it does not make any sense doing a redo on an attraction that major changes in 2017.
I heard that this could happen, this partly has some armchair Imagineering,
I carried on the rumor that it could be replaced within half a decade and if they were to do that now it could be done in a short period of time, this used part armchair Imagineering and rumors

Tank Man

Original Poster
Sorry about this confusion if I did not make myself clear,
I did hear about MS possibly going within a few years and I did some armchair Imagineering and thought of what I would do.
What I do hear is look at the rumors and news, use it for ideas and what I would do to combine AC Imagineering as I do a lot of Imagineering (some good and some bad)

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Well the ride vehicles are capsules on the end of arms... essentially a centrifuge. A recreation of smugglers run aint gonna happen.

I mean technically only the orange side still spins, so in theory they could just turn off the centrifuge portion and replace the ride vehicles if they wanted to.

HauntedMansionFLA

Sorry about this confusion if I did not make myself clear,
I did hear about MS possibly going within a few years and I did some armchair Imagineering and thought of what I would do.
What I do hear is look at the rumors and news, use it for ideas and what I would do to combine AC Imagineering as I do a lot of Imagineering (some good and some bad)
Where did you hear this from? Cast member, bus driver?? ;)o_O:p:joyfull::hilarious:

Tank Man

Original Poster
Let me say this, I heard it and carried it on.
I think this would happen when the rest of Future World East goes down for the Evolution of Epcot. Probably won’t happen for half of a decade but I wrote my idea down as if it was happening now and it could happen between now and the 50th but the redo won’t come until FW East goes down

Clamman73

I just don’t see them taking this down since they recently updated it and the restaurant is gonna be opening. Also there’s gonna be so much redoing of the spine area...but sure in about 5 yrs time probably they’ll do something. But I would guess something happens to Imagination before MS gets touched.

Cmdr_Crimson

Going with our original host on this one...
zg2vw.jpg

Admiral01

Premium Member
Gunners on a mission to Mars? Like the ones we have had on Apollo and Shuttle missions?

I do fondly recall learning about the challenge that Armstrong, Aldrin, and Collins had shooting at space debris while on the way to the moon 50 years ago this week. You see, Columbia and Eagle’s gun mounts weren’t as easy to use as later versions found on Yankee Clipper and Intrepid which allowed Pete Conrad and crew to more easily shoot things in space.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom