2019 Box Office tracking

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
ScreenRant tweeted about Endgame passing Avatar about an hour ago. And, predictably, the Avatar fanatics race to defend it with excuses. Reminds me of another group of fans who defend a certain Disney movie with massive fervor...

Disney Irish

Premium Member
This is what I'm talking about!
MV5BMTk3NDQyMzg0MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDY2NzQ2MjE@._V1_UY268_CR87,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

seascape

Through Sundays estimated box office Disney's worldeide total is now $6.65 billion. Therefore as expected after adding in they carrier over movies from last year, Glass's foreign distribution and 7 million from Penguins, Disney is less than 500 million away from the all time record. There is almost no doubt they will get that much over the next 10 days.

As for the records, besides Endgame finally passing Avatar, Aladdin is only 11.16 million away from becoming Disney's third billion dollar movie. Toy Story is only 140.6 million away and Lion King is 470 million away.

WhatJaneSays

Original Poster
So ... in the process of putting the weekend forecasts for Endgame into my calculations a very interesting (to me) result came out.

The main trend line puts Endgame's final domestic in a range of 905m to 930m, falling below the current record. The similar math for the international market puts it at a range of 1.85b to 2.05b, also mostly below the current record. However most combonations of those numbers puts it over the world wide record.

A little bit of math later and I discovered there is a gap of about 175m in box office combinations that Endgame could hit and miss both the domestic and international records, yet still capture the the world wide record.
Talk about dragging a post out of the past ... here I was 2+ months ago being intrigued about Endgame possibly making the World Wide record but missing both the Domestic and International record.

Well, I guess that's exactly what happened. 😆

Indy_UK

Through Sundays estimated box office Disney's worldeide total is now $6.65 billion. Therefore as expected after adding in they carrier over movies from last year, Glass's foreign distribution and 7 million from Penguins, Disney is less than 500 million away from the all time record. There is almost no doubt they will get that much over the next 10 days.

As for the records, besides Endgame finally passing Avatar, Aladdin is only 11.16 million away from becoming Disney's third billion dollar movie. Toy Story is only 140.6 million away and Lion King is 470 million away.

Unbelievable numbers.

None of this is including Fox movies yet is it?

Jedijax719

$185 million estimate for TLK

Disney's really low-balling bigtime. I can't see Sunday with only $45 million. I can see $190 million when all is said and done. Bummer it won't make $200 million. I also hoped that it would make more than Age of Ultron's 2015 unadjusted OW considering it had a bigger thursday preview.

seascape

Domestically Disney's box office is now at $2,393,813,744. They only need $196,164,852 more to equal the record through July 31. That should be broken by next Sunday. From then on Disney will no longer be a drag on the yearly domestic box office.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
TLK19 made over half a billion. But, because of it's ridiculous budget, still has to make another quarter billion just to break even in the theatrical window (using ballpark calcs). TLK still hasn't hit all markets. It will do so on Aug 9.

TLK19 looks like Aladdin and Maleficent in the split between critics ("pass") and audience ("yummy").

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

We do what we can!
🐧🐧 🐧 🐧

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom