How many people can fit in Oga’s Cantina? How much is the Disneyland bar raking in? Let’s look at the math - OCR/SCNG

Roy G. Dis

To me, Oga's Cantina is not priced to keep people looking to spend $15/pp out. It's a bar, after all. Thus it sacrifices either comfort or satisfaction for being kinda affordable. If you're expecting a Blue Bayou experience at Pizza Planet prices, you're gonna have a bad time.

Ismael Flores

I wonder how long before Disney decides it's okay to open up another bar behind Disneyland's gates.

better yet how about a watering hole in the resistance side of the land. i am sure we can find room for it.

i do think they should sell alcohol in the sit down eateries like Blue Bayou and carnation

Old Mouseketeer

In Disneyland? Which restaurant was that?

Plaza Inn, Cafe Orleans, breakfast at Red Rose Taverne, and occasionally Rancho del Zocalo. If we're counting DCA, Boardwalk Pizza and Pasta, Lucky Fortune, and sometimes Boudain (I miss their corn chowder). I used to love the dinner buffet at Storytellers at GCH, but they keep jacking up the prices and lowering the quality--plus I can't handle the screaming kids sometimes. I'm gonna try the high tea at Steakhouse 55 in September when the Downton Abbey movie comes out.

I find Carthay too chi-chi for my taste. That's why I haven't tried Napa Rose. Plus I don't have money to burn.

mandelbrot

Haha! So wait, the bartender told you to stay in your spot and not move? Or the cocktail waitress told you that?

Either way, that's so awesomely bad that it's hysterical. It's like Disneyland food service is devolving into Denny's on a bad night.
DLR foodservice is a disaster disguised as a joke. Want further proof? Go check out Craftsman.

mandelbrot

Plaza Inn, Cafe Orleans, breakfast at Red Rose Taverne, and occasionally Rancho del Zocalo. If we're counting DCA, Boardwalk Pizza and Pasta, Lucky Fortune, and sometimes Boudain (I miss their corn chowder). I used to love the dinner buffet at Storytellers at GCH, but they keep jacking up the prices and lowering the quality--plus I can't handle the screaming kids sometimes. I'm gonna try the high tea at Steakhouse 55 in September when the Downton Abbey movie comes out.

I find Carthay too chi-chi for my taste. That's why I haven't tried Napa Rose. Plus I don't have money to burn.
Napa Rose is the exception to the rule. Good staff. Great service, especially at the bar. Worth every penny.

mandelbrot

To me, Oga's Cantina is not priced to keep people looking to spend $15/pp out. It's a bar, after all. Thus it sacrifices either comfort or satisfaction for being kinda affordable. If you're expecting a Blue Bayou experience at Pizza Planet prices, you're gonna have a bad time.
It IS a bar. Full of children.

RobWDW1971

It IS a bar. Full of children.

I was surprised by how much that bothered me as well - it's not designed like a family restaurant, it is a full on bar so the kids don't have anything to do and it feels really odd to have them hanging out while everyone is drinking. Had never felt that way in other parks with liquor and bars, it's just a little bit of a disconnect.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I was surprised by how much that bothered me as well - it's not designed like a family restaurant, it is a full on bar so the kids don't have anything to do and it feels really odd to have them hanging out while everyone is drinking. Had never felt that way in other parks with liquor and bars, it's just a little bit of a disconnect.

Why exactly ? Remember Star Wars has slavery....

RobWDW1971

Sounds like this bar is none of those three.

I have a really hard time believing CMs are telling people “not to move” on the regular because they are truly being rude. Are they TRYING to be rude to be in character?

It's because you are literally assigned a two foot space to stand in at the bar or at a high top table and told not to move and wander around as it would be further chaos. It's not about being rude it's the operational system/mess they've created (although every time I go somebody is pretty rude).

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom