The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

SuddenStorm

Are there any other noticeable creative changes made to Splash Mountain's show scenes since it opened?

The figures all look a bit different now, but that's too be expected as they're refurbished over the years.

ParkPeeker

is this rufus' cave?

also rufus at splash mountain?

Last edited:

SuddenStorm

There was a different song when Brer Rabbit is captured that sounded like one of the Madonna songs from D ick Tracy.

Sooner Or Later was switched out for Burrow's Lament prior to the ride's open.

I think I heard somewhere that it was there for the cast previews.... but I'm 99% sure it was gone prior to the ride's official open.

D.Silentu

Vying for the most random post here, I'm currently in the midst of an unsuccessful hunt and perhaps someone here may be able to help. My mother had a set of vintage salt and pepper shakers, passed down from her aunt, and the salt shaker has accidentally broken. I've been perusing online to see if a replacement can be found, but no luck so far. I've very little background information to go on save for this picture of its mate, but if anyone happens to have any advice I'd be grateful!
Pepper.JPG

BasiltheBatLord

Are there any other noticeable creative changes made to Splash Mountain's show scenes since it opened?

The figures all look a bit different now, but that's too be expected as they're refurbished over the years.
Aside from Sooner or Later being switched for Burrow's Lament shortly after opening, there have been zero changes made to Splash Mountain in its 30 years as far as I know.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Vying for the most random post here, I'm currently in the midst of an unsuccessful hunt and perhaps someone here may be able to help. My mother had a set of vintage salt and pepper shakers, passed down from her aunt, and the salt shaker has accidentally broken. I've been perusing online to see if a replacement can be found, but no luck so far. I've very little background information to go on save for this picture of its mate, but if anyone happens to have any advice I'd be grateful!View attachment 391800
Matching the exact writing style might be hard. But do a search for "vintage white milk glass salt and pepper shakers".

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Vying for the most random post here, I'm currently in the midst of an unsuccessful hunt and perhaps someone here may be able to help. My mother had a set of vintage salt and pepper shakers, passed down from her aunt, and the salt shaker has accidentally broken. I've been perusing online to see if a replacement can be found, but no luck so far. I've very little background information to go on save for this picture of its mate, but if anyone happens to have any advice I'd be grateful!View attachment 391800
@Disney Irish is right. Found this set at Etsy. The description might help with your search.
20190720_215505.jpg

mickEblu

Original Poster
Gee, And I ordered off that menu plenty of times.

But I also remember that I didn't like the Blue Bayou that much. You go to watch everyone else riding POTC, and the "Adults" took too long eating, cutting down on my ride time!!!

Hahah wow this reminds me of when I was a kid. I forgot how I badly I always wanted to get to DL no later than 11am. To me that was a great time and the best I could hope for with parents who didn’t want to wake up too early and traffic on the 5 South.

And long lunches at the park were always the worst! With that said, I remember always trying to herd the group over to Hungry Bear. Even as a kid i had a thing for nature and trees.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom