What are you favorite things about the Disneyland Resort?

GingerGirl3

Classic rides! I’m talking about Peter Pan, Haunted Mansion and Pirates. My kids have already been more times than I did as a kid and it’s still amazes me how much the classic rides hold up and still impress them. My son’s favorite ride is HM but Toad is probably second followed by Autotopia. My daughter puts TSMM at the top but Pirates comes second. She always insists on riding the King Arthur Carousel as many times as possible too and IASW. Not a ride but a classic, they absolutely love the Enchanted Tiki Room. They both insist on always trying to pull out the sword in the stone too.

Characters! There’s nothing like watching my daughter’s face light up when she sees them and especially when she gets to talk to them. She remembers every character interaction she’s had since she was little and is always talking about them and repeating everything they’ve said. Even my son who likes to be too cool for it gets won over and acts like the kid he is when he’s around them.

Entertainment! I never got WoC but we love Fantasmic (I don’t think we ever saw the one that was better than this one). My kids love parades, my daughter’s always dancing and excitedly waving. I love the fireworks. We’ve had so much fun at the Halloween Parties.

Photos! My kids can never get enough of looking at photos at Disneyland and they are obsessed with getting every magic shot possible. It’s about the only thing they have no complaints about waiting in line for. I love how happy everyone looks in our photos so they are super special souvenirs.

Main Street Gift Shop: the kids get to choose one souvenir on our last night and inevitably this is where they go and they treasure whatever they pick out as super special.

Family fun! There’s no other place that we can spend so many hours at and have so much fun together. There’s something that appeals to both of my kids and always delights them.

Food: my family would say Golden Horshoe, Bengal BBQ, Corndogs, Mickey Pretzels, Jolly Holiday and Dole Whips.

Last edited:

Animaniac93-98

Mr. Lincoln, SS Columbia, Mint Julep, Interior of Plaza Inn, Serving food on real plates with actual forks and knives, Two back-to-back RR dioramas, the castle walk-through, the caves in Pirates, a Main Street Cinema that's still a Cinema, Mr. Toad not being closed, watching the submarines sail by, Indiana Jones and the Single Rider Line, Roger Rabbit still a thing, The Golden Horseshoe having a show and not needing reservations to see it, Alice in Wonderland...

QuasiNoFroyo

Favorite rides: Space Mountain, Indiana Jones Adventure, and Radiator Springs Racers
Favorite show: Fantasmic
Favorite places to eat: Pacific Wharf Cafe and just about anywhere in Cars Land (This was unbelievably difficult for me to narrow down.)

One thing I really love about the Disneyland Resort in general is how close the parks (as well as Downtown Disney) are to each other, making it easier for guests to go back and forth between them without having to rely on transportation to do so. Also, Disneyland still abides by the old FastPass system so you don't have to plan your entire day several days in advance. Not to mention, the ticket prices at Disneyland are cheaper than at Disney World (even if by only a small margin).

Kiwiduck

I love Main Street, especially the vehicles, horses and characters.
All of Adventureland and NewOrleans Square.
Fantasyland dark rides.
Ride cars in general (regardless of the quality of the ride it is attached to!).
The submarine lagoon.
Catching peaks of the Matterhorn from all over the park.
Plaza Inn fried chicken.
Cars Land, especially sitting outside of Flos and watching the cars race by.
The wide open spaces and "general vibe" at DCA.

wowsmom

The Disneyland Band, Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln, Space Mountain, Guardians, Incredicoaster, the food - the fact that they'll work around my food allergies, dole whip with rum, all the treats, so many more things.

I think what I love the most is how it can take away the stresses of the outside world and make us feel like kids again. Seeing my husband looking like a 12 year old as we walked into Galaxy's Edge for the first time was pretty amazing!

SuddenStorm

There are certain moments at Disneyland that make me forget all about every issue I have with the park. Moments where everything clicks.

It transcends just pure fun and becomes somewhat more fulfilling.

For me, it's the beehive segment right after the dip drop in Splash Mountain. The original finale for Fantasmic. The stretching room in the Haunted Mansion.

Then, there are other times that are delightful and really define Disneyland. Waiting in the hub at rope drop, with the park quiet and calm before the day starts. Eating in that little area at the Harbour Galley. The second lift on Big Thunder. The entirety of Indiana Jones Adventure.

If I had to pick three favorite things, it'd be the 2014 version of Fantasmic!, Splash Mountain, Haunted Mansion. Close runner ups would be Big Thunder, Tiki Room.

When an attraction just 'works'. When it makes even the harshest critic ignore the flaws in maintenance, that's when I think it becomes an A+ attraction.

Snow Queen

Going to toss in one I haven't seen mentioned: post-renovations Naples. Gorgeous deck and great food. I was always turned off by the tacky appearance of it before, but gave it a shot my last trip and it's definitely going to be something I return to each trip now.

Minnesota disney fan

Thanks everyone for all these great ideas. We have never been to Disneyland, but are planning a first trip next Spring. All of this sounds amazing and can't wait to see it. I was wondering, what is the Mr. Lincoln attraction. Is it like Hall of Presidents?
Thanks so much.

mickEblu

Random Things:

I love going through the entrance tunnel (usually right) and hearing the train station announcement. It has an other worldly quality to it and is a perfect entrance into the park.

All the smells. A few that come to mind is musty Disneyana/ Opera House, strong smell on the Matterhorn lift hill, Pirate Water, Haunted Mansion Foyer, Splash Mountain water

The little nook between the berm and restrooms outside of Disneyana. Just a wonderful, odd, charming place that would never be designed into a theme park today.

Dark chocolate honeycomb from the candy shop on Main Street

Ambiance of Plaza Inn, indoor and outdoor. To me its the most Disneyland place you can eat at. And the chicken and roast aren't too bad.

All of the planters, trees and wonderful landscaping around the park. Most notably Main Street/Hub/ Town Square and New Orleans Square.

New Orleans Square. Just masterfully designed. I particularly love the back area where the Train Station, French Market and Magnolia Park meet. Just sitting one one of my favorite planters left with popcorn or a french donut.

The 70s/ 80s feel of the Space Mountain complex.

Snow Whites Wishing Well and surrounding area.

Left side path into Castle Courtyard

Path from Fantasy Faire to El Zocalo

The sound of the wolves on Big Thunder at night

Attractions: The Disneyland Railroad, Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain, Tom Sawyer Island, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Alice in Wonderland, Casey Jr. Circus Train (Storybookland), Matterhorn Bobsleds, Space Mountain

Shows/ Parades: Main Street Electric Parade, Remember Dreams Come True

Places to Eat: Blue Bayou, Plaza Inn, Cafe Orleans, Hungry Bear (mostly for the ambiance)

Last edited:

socalifornian

I was wondering, what is the Mr. Lincoln attraction. Is it like Hall of Presidents?
Thanks so much.
Yup
250255EF-723C-485D-8BE5-16773331682E.jpeg

Darkbeer1

I like when everyone claps at the end of Soarin'.

Reminds me of my flight from Warsaw to Moscow on Aeroflot. The amount of applause and how real it was when we landed, was, OMG!!!

And it is something that was done on Eastern European flights, as folks were glad we landed....

The other thing I remembered about that flight, that the back of the seats folded down. Made exiting the plane easy, the front row went first, then the seats were just pushed out of the way!

Phroobar

Original Poster
The things I love are getting on the tram and riding into Down Town Disney and hearing the music and the smell of pizza. I sometimes like to take the monorail in from DTD and love passing over the entrance. I like to look down to see the Autopia cars and subs. Zipping around the Matterhorn and seeing Small World is special. I love the space age feel of getting off the monorail, seeing the submarine docking area, the water smell and the architecture of the Space Mountain concourse. Star Tours makes me happy to see C-3PO and R2-D2 and the droids working away. I love watching rock bands play at the Tomorrowland Terrace.

I love the smell of the Pirates of the Caribbean water and wondering around NOS. I love Monte Cristo sandwiches but I wish my diet would allow me to eat them. I love to eat at Blue Bayou. I love the gardening around the Haunted Mansion and train station. The weeping trees are my favorite. The hidden pet sematary is cool. I still love to climb around in the caves of TSI. I like the pirate additions to it. There are some nice quiet areas on the island. I like how we get there by raft. I prefer the Columbia to the Mark Twain because of the lower inside area and all the cool things to look at. I like to hang out and relax at the docking harbor. I like the water falls of Big Thunder Mountain and the coins in the water area. I love to eat in the far end of the Hungry Bear restaurant because I'm away from everyone. It's fun to feed the ducks there. Riding Splash Mountain during the fireworks is exciting! There is nothing like going down the drops while the fireworks are exploding.

I prefer the queue of Indiana Jones more than the actual ride. I love the music in the queue and stepping over the traps on the floor. I like the skeletons and the one wearing the boy scout hat. I like to find the Little Man of Disneyland's house. The upper levels of the Jungle Cruise are fascinating. I like to look at the bottles and see what is in them. Again I like how the music continues over to this area. I love hearing from the Shrunken Nick and Aladdin's "other" lamp. I'm in love the with tiki that tells the time and pours water. The fire tiki is cool too.

In Fantasyland, I like touching the golden apple outside and hearing the witch. I like the little scene we pass in the queue. Mr. Toad is a fantastic ride. I always pretend we are going to crash into everything as the kids drive. Sitting in the animal cages or in the backwards caboose of Casey Jr. is fun. I like watching the parades from the back of the old Light Magic viewing area. You can get really close to the floats near the Small World entrance gates in that area. Small World really is something special. I personally love the music. It's really a prayer of peace and goodwill if you take the time to think about it. The Matterhorn splash down and the Tomorrowland side are the best.

Getting a coke a Main Street as a kiss goodnight is my way of saying good bye for the day. I like the old time telephones and the movie theater. Lincoln is fun to relax in at the end of the day and makes me feel patriotic as I leave. I also love going on the train and seeing the dinosaurs. I like just going to Disneyland and not really caring what I ride or if I ride anything.

Last edited:

MouseMelly

I’m loving a positive thread!! 😍

I think most of my favorites have been mentioned, but since you asked 😉🤗

I love how close the parks are to each together. Park-hopping is enjoyable in this manner. As is lunch in DTD. Same goes for the good neighbor hotels. Saves so much money!

Some of my favorite ride versions are in DLR: POTC, IJA, iasw, Disneyland RR, GOTG:MB (yes, I said it!), and I hope they leave the Cali version of Soarin! 🤩

I also love that you can do everything in 2-3 days. That coupled with how close attractions are to each other, means a lot less walking and body ache. 😁

The charm of Disneyland alone would make me love it. ❤️

Thank you, @Phrubruh, for a chance to have nice things to say!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom