News Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Disneyland opening reports/reviews

RobWDW1971

Do you feel this way because it’s the *only* “table” experience in the land?

Myself, i wouldn’t mind it’s lackluster personality if it wasn’t the single option for a real meal.

I do like the concept of eating in the bustling spaceport, at the edge of the marketplace... but like the rest of Batuu, it seems the planet vacated like Chernobyl just exploded.

Star Tours has great playful kinetic moments with scanning crates. Yet the flagship land can’t even bother to give a hint as to what’s in the crates and containers. There is so much potential for gags and Star Wars humor, all of which would help place us in the world.

Personally, if I listed 1,000 potential restaurant environments from all the Star Wars movies, TV shows, and novels I would never get to "pile of shipping containers".

TP2000

That's pretty consistent with the numbers I've heard as well. It seems it was targeted at somewhere around 1,900/hr and they seem to be operating pretty reliably around that number.

Actually, the hourly average they've been getting the last six weeks is 1,388 riders per hour. Sometimes a bit more, sometimes a bit less than 1,388 per hour.

The ride can get 1,700 riders per hour at best, so 1,388 an hour average isn't that bad. But compared to the rest of Disneyland's E Tickets, many of which get between 2,000 and 2,800 riders per hour, the hourly and daily ridership at the Falcon ride is pretty crummy.

I made a thread about this exact topic earlier today before I saw this discussion here, if anyone wants to do more math. Or if anyone here is from Mississippi and wants to give a Rebel Yell for the Ridgeway family. https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...et-run-averages-1-388-riders-per-hour.956576/

TP2000

I truly hope that one day we can revel in positive changes applied to GE. Chapek just has to make it happen.

Something tells me your going to need to get someone, anyone, other than Daddy Chapek into that job before you see real change.

And that "something" is 25 years online of observing Disney executive behavior.

DCA 1.0 fell flat on its face in February 2001, and Paul Pressler or his lady clone Cynthia Harriss never changed their tune or their behavior before they left Disney a few years later to run The Gap into the ground. It would take Daddy Chapek to be confronted with the Ghost of Theme Park Future tonight to get him to change, and I'm afraid that ghost isn't going to show up in the Chapek bedchamber.

Mickeyboof

Something tells me your going to need to get someone, anyone, other than Daddy Chapek into that job before you see real change.

And that "something" is 25 years online of observing Disney executive behavior.

DCA 1.0 fell flat on its face in February 2001, and Paul Pressler or his lady clone Cynthia Harriss never changed their tune or their behavior before they left Disney a few years later to run The Gap into the ground. It would take Daddy Chapek to be confronted with the Ghost of Theme Park Future tonight to get him to change, and I'm afraid that ghost isn't going to show up in the Chapek bedchamber.

I whole heartedly agree. I know he won’t change his ways.

So please, people going to D23, heckle the crap outta $hapek.

ParkPeeker

Did they give up having this thread only be about reviews, cause I feel bad if they have to go through all of the posts to fix it.
Anyways, I tried to sync up some endor music (from lego star wars and the movies too I think/pretty sure) to the forest area of galaxy's edge. I think it fits.

thequeuelinelectures

Does anyone know what happens when you ride Smugglers Run and put every position on autopilot (ie no riders press the I'm here button)? There's a video going around of what happens if you activate but then never press anything but I'm curious what the experience of it is like with the game just turned 100% off

lifeisgoodboy

Here is a chart of the Month comparison of June and Jjuly :

McPhoenix

Does anyone know what happens when you ride Smugglers Run and put every position on autopilot (ie no riders press the I'm here button)? There's a video going around of what happens if you activate but then never press anything but I'm curious what the experience of it is like with the game just turned 100% off

I don't quite know the answer to that, but I got close. I rode it by myself once. I took the right pilot seat, but every other seat was empty.

I can say that it was frustrating as the right pilot to not have a competent pilot on the left (crashed into lots of things I thought we should have missed), but otherwise I did fine. Got one container of coaxium, and didn't even get stuck in the asteroid field.

thequeuelinelectures

Subtle difference but that's not what I mean. In this video they all confirm in as players by hitting the flashing button at the start. If you don't hit that, the ride assumes nobody is seated in that position and puts it on autopilot. So in this video you have 6 active players that are AFK, I'm wondering what total autopilot looks like

TROR

Subtle difference but that's not what I mean. In this video they all confirm in as players by hitting the flashing button at the start. If you don't hit that, the ride assumes nobody is seated in that position and puts it on autopilot. So in this video you have 6 active players that are AFK, I'm wondering what total autopilot looks like
If there’s not a single person “logged in,” I wonder if a video even plays. Could just be an even more motionless cockpit with an even dimmer screen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom