How many people can fit in Oga’s Cantina? How much is the Disneyland bar raking in? Let’s look at the math - OCR/SCNG

Sailor310

I went to Oga's. Was told to stand in our spot and not move. Got the blue milk and cookie. Neither did much for me. I don't ever have to go back.

TP2000

I went to Oga's. Was told to stand in our spot and not move. Got the blue milk and cookie. Neither did much for me. I don't ever have to go back.

Haha! So wait, the bartender told you to stay in your spot and not move? Or the cocktail waitress told you that?

Either way, that's so awesomely bad that it's hysterical. It's like Disneyland food service is devolving into Denny's on a bad night.

ProjectXBlog

That is pretty bad. Makes me not want to visit. I don't enjoy standing while I eat. If I go for refreshments I prefer to be sitting down and relaxing. Not sure why they thought a standing bar would be fun. Did they forget that A New Hope has booths and tables and stools in the bar?
i swear to god, i was absolutely baffled at how unwanted i felt going into that place. they led me inside a sardine can, gestured at a small opening at the bar and said “that’s your spot” and walked away. i felt like i was being punished! i wanted to leave as soon as i got there, which i guess is the point considering the size.
also (unrelated) are there no hooks at the bar for bags at all, or did i just get the one spot that had none?

Old Mouseketeer

i swear to god, i was absolutely baffled at how unwanted i felt going into that place. they led me inside a sardine can, gestured at a small opening at the bar and said “that’s your spot” and walked away. i felt like i was being punished! i wanted to leave as soon as i got there, which i guess is the point considering the size.
also (unrelated) are there no hooks at the bar for bags at all, or did i just get the one spot that had none?

After ten minutes of no service at our stand-up table, I finally carried the leftover dirty glasses to an empty spot at the bar and grabbed some napkins to clean the wet table. DEFINITELY not worth the overpriced drinks.

ProjectXBlog

After ten minutes of no service at our stand-up table, I finally carried the leftover dirty glasses to an empty spot at the bar and grabbed some napkins to clean the wet table. DEFINITELY not worth the overpriced drinks.
i was told before i went in that the bartender would help me as soon as i was next to be served, so i stood there patiently and waited for almost 10 minutes before someone noticed me. ironically, the only reason they noticed me at all was because of the couple that walked in moments before and immediately flagged the bartender down

Sailor310

Haha! So wait, the bartender told you to stay in your spot and not move? Or the cocktail waitress told you that?

Either way, that's so awesomely bad that it's hysterical. It's like Disneyland food service is devolving into Denny's on a bad night.
It was the hostess outside before she brought us in.

drizgirl

I didn't mention that the bartop was dirty. The bartender was pleasant, but we saw very little of her. When the hostess was briefing us outside, she said she was making us a group of four with a couple standing nearby. In the bar, our tab came came out with their drinks on it. not cool!
You didn't want to pay some random person's tab? Don't you know Disney is all about the magic?

RobWDW1971

Had a similar experience - showed up before my time as my reservation told me to do and then was immediately scolded by the "hostess" outside for being 10 minutes early and banished me from the area and told not to return until "exactly" my time (charming). Then I was told to stand in about a two foot spot at a hightop and "not move". My little mini-prison was littered with the previous people's drinks and I stood there (as if I had a choice) for a good ten minutes before I flagged down a busboy to clean it for me and then he put the menu right on the sticky surface (nice). It is just too cramped, overwhelmed, and just an operational mess right now. BUT it is the only place resembling actual life in SWGE so get a reservation and "enjoy" it, just have your expectations set appropriately.

TP2000

It was the hostess outside before she brought us in.

Ah, of course it was the hostess who was so rude. When I was in Star Wars Land in June and as I put in my TR in the review thread, I checked out the Cantina exterior and tried to see if I could get a peek inside.

The two hostesses running the check-in process were a total mess; crabbing at each other, snapping at any customer who attempted to check in for their reservation, and seemingly on the verge of yelling at everyone and storming off the job because there was a couple dozen customers there with reservations and how dare they!

Meanwhile... at any middling Outback Steakhouse or Olive Garden in America on a Saturday night, a similarly busy yet manageable lobby has a couple hostesses who can be polite and courteous and efficient as they operate their hostess desk. They can even smile!

I didn't mention that the bartop was dirty. The bartender was pleasant, but we saw very little of her. When the hostess was briefing us outside, she said she was making us a group of four with a couple standing nearby. In the bar, our tab came came out with their drinks on it. not cool!

What a mess. Just not acceptable for the prices they charge and the decades of experience managing Disneyland they have. Or had.

Last edited:

TROR

i was told before i went in that the bartender would help me as soon as i was next to be served, so i stood there patiently and waited for almost 10 minutes before someone noticed me. ironically, the only reason they noticed me at all was because of the couple that walked in moments before and immediately flagged the bartender down
You have to tug on their shirt.

ProjectXBlog

You have to tug on their shirt.
AD72E2DD-DC99-442D-8936-032ABED20848.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom