Trip Report Family Fun in the Hot, Hot Florida Sun!!

Hello All!! I'm back(unfortunately) from yet another wonderful trip to Walt Disney World. Lot's of fun & sweat(not trying to be gross but wow, was it ever nasty) was had by all!! Speaking of all--let me introduce you to our party of 10!! Most of these faces will be familiar to you but there are a few new ones in the mix!! I'll try to do this as simply as possible--
455035665.jpeg

From left to right(somewhat): My sister C, my niece E(C & D's daughter), R(not sure why he's looking so miserable) & myself, in front of me(white shirt) is my niece B, in the green is E's niece L, my niece A(C & D's youngest) is wearing the blue glasses(when she remembers to put them on--her last trip to Disney prior to this one she actually left them at homeo_O), then we have "the same old crew" E & J, and last but certainly not least is my BIL D.
Whew--I'm glad you've met most of these people in the past--otherwise this could get very confusing!!:p

C's family was there June 13th-27th. They stayed the first week at their timeshare right outside of Disney. They spent their second week at our favorite home away from home. The rest of us were there June 18th-25th.

I'm looking forward to reliving the trip with you all--everything but the heat that is!! A big welcome to everyone reading out there!!:)

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
Definitely still prefer the original. It was crazy 25 years ago when I saw it in theaters- my son, via pregnant belly was in my lap- this time his son was sitting in my lap. I started out crying because of that lol so my opinion was probably biased from the beginning. I would love to see the live broadway show!
That is so special!! I probably would have been crying also!! I've seen it in Toronto & here in Pittsburgh. It is excellent!! If you get the change to see it do so!!

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
Definitely still prefer the original. It was crazy 25 years ago when I saw it in theaters- my son, via pregnant belly was in my lap- this time his son was sitting in my lap. I started out crying because of that lol so my opinion was probably biased from the beginning. I would love to see the live broadway show!
DH and I have seen the live broadway show, and we agreed that we much prefer Festival of the Lion King, seriously.

DisneyGigi

DH and I have seen the live broadway show, and we agreed that we much prefer Festival of the Lion King, seriously.
I see it every trip, sometimes twice. It is always the one thing I have to do. Never gets old. If the broadway show comes back near us again, I will see it. Last time we had a Disney trip booked and I couldn’t see spending the money to do it within a couple of weeks of our Disney trip.

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
I see it every trip, sometimes twice. It is always the one thing I have to do. Never gets old. If the broadway show comes back near us again, I will see it. Last time we had a Disney trip booked and I couldn’t see spending the money to do it within a couple of weeks of our Disney trip.
FotLK is a must do for me every trip also!!
We always stay at POFQ, and we have never seen the fitting room or the weird headless figures on the shelves above!!! I guess I'm looking at everything else and never noticed:) I will look for them next time! Congrats on doing the beignet run.
It is weird when I notice something for the first time. I sometimes wonder what planet I've been on!! Thank you--the beignet run was fun!!
I suggested the beignet run to P and R after reading about your experience. I got a couple of blank stares and a "or... we could just get beignets...." Lolol
It would save a few dollars just to buy the beignets that's for sure!! It was fun though--something different to do!!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
I give you all a lot of credit for doing that run because with those temps, I'm not sure I'd even attempt the walk. :) Your beignets look delicious and certainly earned that morning! :)
Thanks!! The temps were pretty rough. This past weekend here made me feel like I was back in Florida. It was plain awful--as a lot of the country was. When E & I set out yesterday morning at 6 it was just shy of 80 degrees & humid as could be. The beignets are great but the key is to eat them right away while they're warm:hungry:

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
SUNDAY, JUNE 23RD

Every morning I would make a cup of coffee. I also have a particular drink every morning(a powder mixed with water). I would use two of the paper cups every day then. On Saturday there was only one left so I used it for my coffee. I mixed the powder/water mix in a glass. When I was done drinking it I rinsed it out & set it on the dresser in front of the coffee maker. On Sunday I started making the coffee & realized that mousekeeping never refilled the paper cups. I had to use a glass to catch the coffee.
IMG_2097.JPEG

The glass was too small to fit it all so I had to use a second one. Then I couldn't even drink it b/c the glass was too hot to touch. I also noticed that one of the glasses had water droplets & some orange in it. It was the glass that I had rinsed out the morning prior. Mousekeeping must have just took the glass & put it back on the tray as if it was a fresh one:( So, not only did they not give me more paper cups they didn't give me a fresh glass either. I was a bit disappointed.
IMG_2098.JPEG

R wanted to sleep in a little longer so B & I headed to the bus stop on our own. Your guess is as good as mine as to what time our bus would be there!!
IMG_2099.PNG

And it's still a mystery!!
IMG_2100.JPEG

C & her family decided that morning that they were going to skip HS. Their plan was swimming & going to DS. Truthfully, I wasn't thrilled to be going b/c it was so hot but we had a lunch reservation so we didn't have much choice. B & I met up with E, J & L on the bus so the 5 of us made our way to HS.
IMG_2101.JPEG

It was absolutely brutal out & I kind of figured we wouldn't end up spending the day there.
IMG_2103.JPEG

Starbucks was first on the list. We all needed a cold beverage. I could hear The March of the First Order & asked J if he wanted to go outside to watch it.
IMG_2104.JPEG

He grabbed his iPod & was ready to go!!
IMG_2105.JPEG

lindawdw

That was a bummer to not have enough coffee cups. :( J is so adorable waiting there with his ipod. :) I hope you were able to withstand the hot temperatures to enjoy your time at DHS!

DisneyGigi

SUNDAY, JUNE 23RD

Every morning I would make a cup of coffee. I also have a particular drink every morning(a powder mixed with water). I would use two of the paper cups every day then. On Saturday there was only one left so I used it for my coffee. I mixed the powder/water mix in a glass. When I was done drinking it I rinsed it out & set it on the dresser in front of the coffee maker. On Sunday I started making the coffee & realized that mousekeeping never refilled the paper cups. I had to use a glass to catch the coffee.
View attachment 392173

The glass was too small to fit it all so I had to use a second one. Then I couldn't even drink it b/c the glass was too hot to touch. I also noticed that one of the glasses had water droplets & some orange in it. It was the glass that I had rinsed out the morning prior. Mousekeeping must have just took the glass & put it back on the tray as if it was a fresh one:( So, not only did they not give me more paper cups they didn't give me a fresh glass either. I was a bit disappointed.
View attachment 392174

R wanted to sleep in a little longer so B & I headed to the bus stop on our own. Your guess is as good as mine as to what time our bus would be there!!
View attachment 392175

And it's still a mystery!!
View attachment 392176

C & her family decided that morning that they were going to skip HS. Their plan was swimming & going to DS. Truthfully, I wasn't thrilled to be going b/c it was so hot but we had a lunch reservation so we didn't have much choice. B & I met up with E, J & L on the bus so the 5 of us made our way to HS.
View attachment 392177

It was absolutely brutal out & I kind of figured we wouldn't end up spending the day there.
View attachment 392178

Starbucks was first on the list. We all needed a cold beverage. I could hear The March of the First Order & asked J if he wanted to go outside to watch it.
View attachment 392179

He grabbed his iPod & was ready to go!!
View attachment 392180
I would have freaked about the glass. B thinks I am crazy because I wash them all when we get there.

J and the iPod too cute.

It was 68 today here as the high. It felt good. As much as I love summer it has been brutal the last few days. I am dreading the heat of late August, but know I will dread the cold that comes next when we get home more. I think. 😑

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
That was a bummer to not have enough coffee cups. :( J is so adorable waiting there with his ipod. :) I hope you were able to withstand the hot temperatures to enjoy your time at DHS!
I was irritated that they didn't refill them but more irritated that they would put that glass back like it was clean when it obviously wasn't. J really enjoyed picture taking!! The answer to that is no....we only lasted about 4 hours there. The heat made it miserable.
I would have freaked about the glass. B thinks I am crazy because I wash them all when we get there.

J and the iPod too cute.

It was 68 today here as the high. It felt good. As much as I love summer it has been brutal the last few days. I am dreading the heat of late August, but know I will dread the cold that comes next when we get home more. I think. 😑
It was plain gross. I don't blame you for washing them. Who knows if the glasses are actually clean??

These kids these days & their electronics!! 😂

Ours was around 70 yesterday & it was a godsend. The heat this past weekend was really making me despise summer. It was as bad as when we were in Florida. I do like all four seasons but can't appreciate the extremes--whether it's heat or cold.

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
SUNDAY, JUNE 23RD

We had a FP for the Frozen Sing-Along. I have no clue why but I kept telling R that the show was at 11 even though I knew it was 11:30. Maybe it was the heat talking?? Anyhow, R called me to say he was at HS just as we were sitting down. I told him that I had been wrong about the showtime & to try to make it in. I told him we were on the far left side & 4 rows from the front. At that point they closed the doors right in front of him. The family in front of him was the last to get in. He was telling me this & a CM overheard him. She told him to ask me if there were any open seats around us. I told him there was one on the end 3 rows back from us. The CM let him in then--very nice of her!!
IMG_2106.JPEG

There was a group of about 10 people seated in the row in front of us. Please correct me if I'm wrong but I thought you weren't allowed to bring food & drink into the theater? At least I've never seen anyone eating/drinking in there.
It looks like they made a trip to Min & Bill's & ran out of time to eat so they got it to go. @Zipitidoda what do you think of this photo? I'm getting braver;) I figured I should black out her face b/c, well, I don't really know why but it feels like the right thing to do....
IMG_2107.JPEG

The adults started breaking the hot dogs in half for the kids--so you know there were crumbs everywhere. And even though I didn't get a picture of it I about fell over when I saw the one woman drinking a beer!!
IMG_2108.JPEG

He's not really going to eat that messy cole slaw dog in there is he now??
IMG_2109.JPEG

Oh yes he did!!
IMG_2110.JPEG

This was the rest of the crew that was to my right. He's putting ketchup on theirs. Every time someone needed more ketchup or mustard you'd see packets go flying. They were throwing them to each other instead of passing them down. It was like nothing I have ever seen before. R suggested maybe I shouldn't bring this up in the TR b/c what if these people actually read them & know I'm talking about them??:oops: I never thought about it that way--he very well could be right!! Oh well......sorry if I offended anyone but....
IMG_2111.JPEG

On with the show!!
IMG_2112.JPEG

Look who our historian was!! I never laughed so hard at that show as I did that day. I'm sure being 4 rows from the front had a lot to do with it. He kept hollering at some little girl in the front row to sit down. A lady in our row was laughing so hard that he told her she sounded like one of the hyenas from The Lion King. He was hysterical!!
IMG_2113.JPEG

IMG_2114.JPEG

I got a text from C. She sent me this picture and told me that Fulton's had fitting rooms also. All these years & I never noticed them....
IMG_2116.jpeg

Spash007

SUNDAY, JUNE 23RD

We had a FP for the Frozen Sing-Along. I have no clue why but I kept telling R that the show was at 11 even though I knew it was 11:30. Maybe it was the heat talking?? Anyhow, R called me to say he was at HS just as we were sitting down. I told him that I had been wrong about the showtime & to try to make it in. I told him we were on the far left side & 4 rows from the front. At that point they closed the doors right in front of him. The family in front of him was the last to get in. He was telling me this & a CM overheard him. She told him to ask me if there were any open seats around us. I told him there was one on the end 3 rows back from us. The CM let him in then--very nice of her!!
View attachment 392742

There was a group of about 10 people seated in the row in front of us. Please correct me if I'm wrong but I thought you weren't allowed to bring food & drink into the theater? At least I've never seen anyone eating/drinking in there.
It looks like they made a trip to Min & Bill's & ran out of time to eat so they got it to go. @Zipitidoda what do you think of this photo? I'm getting braver;) I figured I should black out her face b/c, well, I don't really know why but it feels like the right thing to do....
View attachment 392743

The adults started breaking the hot dogs in half for the kids--so you know there were crumbs everywhere. And even though I didn't get a picture of it I about fell over when I saw the one woman drinking a beer!!
View attachment 392744

He's not really going to eat that messy cole slaw dog in there is he now??
View attachment 392745

Oh yes he did!!
View attachment 392746

This was the rest of the crew that was to my right. He's putting ketchup on theirs. Every time someone needed more ketchup or mustard you'd see packets go flying. They were throwing them to each other instead of passing them down. It was like nothing I have ever seen before. R suggested maybe I shouldn't bring this up in the TR b/c what if these people actually read them & know I'm talking about them??:oops: I never thought about it that way--he very well could be right!! Oh well......sorry if I offended anyone but....
View attachment 392747

On with the show!!
View attachment 392748

Look who our historian was!! I never laughed so hard at that show as I did that day. I'm sure being 4 rows from the front had a lot to do with it. He kept hollering at some little girl in the front row to sit down. A lady in our row was laughing so hard that he told her she sounded like one of the hyenas from The Lion King. He was hysterical!!
View attachment 392749

View attachment 392750

I got a text from C. She sent me this picture and told me that Fulton's had fitting rooms also. All these years & I never noticed them....
View attachment 392751

I believe you're right that there isn't supposed to be food or drink in there, because on our last trip I left my wonderful nectar (aka iced coffee) in the stroller outside as to not bring it in. I don't know if I was just using common sense for an indoor theater, or if I actually saw that it wasn't allowed in.

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
SUNDAY, JUNE 23RD

Our lunch reservation was at 12:40. None of us had the strength to do anything before it so we sat outside of 50's & waited.
IMG_2118.JPEG

The Star Wars show was going to be starting. R & J wanted to see it so we told them to have at it. The thought of standing in that sun to watch that show was not appealing to us in the least.

I don't recall what these 2 were doing....
IMG_2119.JPEG

See the 3 behind R? Their reservation was before ours but their entire party wasn't present & wasn't going to be for an hour. They were ok with hanging out & waiting for them. Oh, heck no!!
IMG_2120.JPEG

Off they go!!
IMG_0619.JPEG

R & J made it back just in time for them to call us. I don't know why I look at the menu. I eat the same thing every time.
IMG_2129.JPEG

No Grandma's Picnic Punch for me--the last time I was there I had it & didn't care for it.
IMG_2130.JPEG

IMG_2131.JPEG

See E's hat? She bought that before we went to the Frozen Sing-Along. It says "Mountain Man" & is in reference to the three MK mountains of course. She bought it b/c our dad calls her "Mountain Man Bill". Bill is one of her many nicknames & the mountain man part has something to do with camping & hiking but I can't remember what. Dad's been calling her that for so long that I'm just used to it but can't remember why. He did get a kick out of it when he saw her wearing it.
IMG_2132.JPEG

Our server was Tom. He was as funny as Ben was!! He went to say something & E interrupted him so he must have decided he was going to pick on her. He asked R if they were related & he gave him his condolences. He took everyone's orders except E's & walked away leaving her sitting there with her menu. He was hysterical!!
IMG_2133.JPEG

IMG_2134.JPEG

lindawdw

You are definitely not allowed to eat or drink in shows or attractions. Most CM's tell you that you have to put your lid on a water bottle when walking in a show! I bet that family put the food and drink in a bag of some sort so the CM didn't see it.:rolleyes: The last few years you see certain behaviors that you would never have seen at WDW in the past. I still haven't seen the Frozen Sing Along show but I'm going to put it on my to do list in October for sure! We haven't eaten at Prime Time Café in years as my DH doesn't like to be made fun of when eating but I think I'll eat there on my next friend's trip as I love the décor so much!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
The CM should have stopped them from coming in with that food!

Glad you got to see Ben... he's so hilarious!
That's what I thought!
I believe that's the first time I've seen him. He really made the show!!
I believe you're right that there isn't supposed to be food or drink in there, because on our last trip I left my wonderful nectar (aka iced coffee) in the stroller outside as to not bring it in. I don't know if I was just using common sense for an indoor theater, or if I actually saw that it wasn't allowed in.
I thought so. We always put our drinks in the stroller before going in for a show. Unfortunately, they are usually pretty warm by the time we get back to them but rules are rules. At least some of us abide by them!!
I don't know why it surprises me that someone would bring in their lunch to the Frozen show but it does. It was nice of you to blackout her face, I would've too. I'm opinionated but still generally nice. At least I think so. :)

I want to see how many more people you get "in the act" of being obnoxious. ;)
I was quite shocked!! I'm sure you are very nice!!
Haha!! I feel like my skills improved throughout the trip!!
You are definitely not allowed to eat or drink in shows or attractions. Most CM's tell you that you have to put your lid on a water bottle when walking in a show! I bet that family put the food and drink in a bag of some sort so the CM didn't see it.:rolleyes: The last few years you see certain behaviors that you would never have seen at WDW in the past. I still haven't seen the Frozen Sing Along show but I'm going to put it on my to do list in October for sure! We haven't eaten at Prime Time Café in years as my DH doesn't like to be made fun of when eating but I think I'll eat there on my next friend's trip as I love the décor so much!
I want to know how she managed all that sloppy food & a draft beer--unbelievable!! It's a fun show!! I love 50's!! I seem to eat there almost every trip. The food is consistently good & the decor is a lot of fun. I enjoy the tv clips!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom